STELLAR DESIGN FROM THE INSIDE OUT
HP starts with a vision of the product that will exceed your expectations with its design elegance and innovation. Our vision drives every decision in order to offer you the most thoughtfully integrated product experience possible.
ENTERTAINMENT 2.0 TO GO
HP MediaSmart software integrates the media you want with leading Internet services to deliver a seamless entertainment experience. Enhanced by SRS Premium Sound and amplified by Altec Lansing speakers with the option to connect to your HD TV via the HDMI port (cable sold separately).
- Internet TV: Watch premium, independent or classic programs, including MTV and Comedy Central.(15)
- Music: Play music from CDs; stream music and make playlists; explore with Pandora Internet Radio; add to your collection from HP?s new Rhapsody Music store (U.S. only).(15)
- Video: Create videos with new 3D movie themes; make mashups to upload to YouTube.(15)
- Webcam: Download new effects and avatars from the Internet,(15) chat or record yourself on video.
- Photography: Edit photos Snapfish; share and make them into fun gifts like flipbooks.(15)
- DVDs: Watch DVD movies any time you want.
DESIGNED FOR YOUR LIFE
For those who want an all-in-one performance notebook with rich multimedia features, the HP Pavilion dv7 Entertainment series delivers desktop-replacement performance that looks as great as it runs. Powered by the latest processor and graphics technologies, it delivers optimal mobile performance to support your lifestyle.
- Your PC, simply more personal. Windows 7 is the easiest, fastest, most secure and energy-efficient version of Windows yet. Better ways to find and manage files, like Jump Lists and improved taskbar previews, help you speed through everyday tasks. And great features like HomeGroup makes sharing files on home networks easy, while Snap lets you quickly resize and compare windows on your desktop. Faster and more reliable performance means your PC just works the way you want it to.
- AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Processor for enhanced PC performance with more HD2 features and enhanced battery life.
- ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD 4530 graphics with 512MB of dedicated video memory are designed to deliver ultra-realistic gaming and cinema with greater energy efficiency. Support for Microsoft DirectX 10.
- Turbo-charged components. High-speed DDR3 memory and faster 7200 RPM hard disk drives enable optimal performance levels.
RELAX WITH 24/7 SUPPORT. FOR LIFE.
HP Care Pack Support provides toll-free phone support while your PC is within Warranty, plus online support anytime throughout its life. There are three ways to reach us.
- From your desktop: HP Support Assistant includes preinstalled content and diagnostic tools - just click the 'HP Support Assistant' icon on the desktop and follow the prompts.
- Through the Internet: Visit hp.com/go/notebookcare in the United States.
- By telephone: In the U.S., just call 1.800.474.6836 (1.800.HP.INVENT).
As a leader in environmental responsibility, HP is committed to reducing our impact on the earth. Renew, recycle, rethink with HP.
- ENERGY STAR qualified and EPEAT Silver registered
- Advanced power management features and aggressive default power settings for reduced energy consumption
- Mercury-free LED display
- Exclusive use of EPA SmartWay carriers for fewer transportation-related emissions
- Recyclable packaging designed for minimal material usage
- Free recycling of your old computer hardware
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit(1)
- AMD TurionTM II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor M600(2a)(3a)(4b)
- Up to 3.6 GT/s system bus running at AC/DC mode 35 watt
- 4096MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- Max supported =8192MB
ACCESSIBLE MEMORY SLOTS
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 with up to 2302MB total available graphics memory with 512MB dedicated
- 500GB (7200RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)(7)
FINISH AND FEATURES
- HP Espresso Imprint finish & HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone(15)
- LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD?R/RW with Double Layer Support (6d)(16a)(16d)
- 17.3 inch Diagonal HD+ High-Definition(8) HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)(9)
- Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN(10a)
- 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards(17a)
- Altec Lansing with SRS Premium Sound and Sub-Woofer
- 101-key compatible with full size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad
- Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad
PC CARD SLOTS
- 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)
EXTERNAL NOTEBOOK PORTS
- 4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 4th port shared with eSATA
- 2 Headphone out
- 1 microphone-in
- 1 VGA (15-pin)
- eSATA + USB 2.0
- 1 RJ-11 (modem)
- 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
- 1 notebook expansion port 3
- 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin)
- 1 Consumer IR
- Unpackaged: 16.2 in (W) x 10.9 in (D) x 1.37 in (min H)/1.70 in (max H)
- Packaged: 20.5 in (W) x 4.3 in (D) x13.6 in (H)
- Unpackaged: 7.69 Ibs(12)
- Packaged: 10.7 lbs
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
- Power-on password
- Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
- 90W AC Adapter
- 8-Cell Lithium-Ion battery
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
- 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Toll Free Support (NA)
- 1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support
- 30-Days Free Limited Software Support with 1-Year (from date of purchase) Free Limited Software Support with Product Registration.
SOFTWARE SECURITY AND SUPPORT
- Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009 (including 60 days complimentary live update)(15)(19b)
- HP Help & Support
- HP PC Recovery
- HP Advisor
- HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
PRODUCTIVITY AND FINANCE
- Microsoft Works
- Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition: 60 Day Trial Version(19)
- HP MediaSmart
- Cyberlink DVD Suite
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- HP Games Powered by Wild Tangent
- HP Set Up(15)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer