This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
Accelerate your work and use less energy
- Don't wait for documents. Print your first page in as few as 8.5 seconds from energy-efficient sleep mode.
- Now almost 30 percent smaller - this printer fits in tight places and delivers quiet operation.
- Manage jobs and settings quickly with the 4-line color display, and use the 10-key pad for PIN printing.
- This printer leads its class in low energy use - thanks to its innovative design and toner technology.
Unparalleled fleet security and management
- Embedded features detect security threats and heal your printer, protecting it from boot up to shutdown.
- Centralize control of your print environment with HP Web Jetadmin - and help build business efficiency.
- Protect sensitive business data with embedded and optional HP JetAdvantage Security Solutions.
- Protect sensitive data stored on the printer and in transit, using embedded and optional security features.
More. Pages, Performance, and Protection.
- Produce sharp text, bold blacks, and crisp graphics with precision black toner.
- Print right away with a preinstalled toner cartridge. Replace it with an optional high-yield cartridge.
- Help ensure the Original HP quality you paid for with anti-fraud and cartridge authentication technology.
- Get more. Original HP Toner with JetIntelligence delivers more pages per cartridge than predecessors.
Stay connected with secure mobile printing options
- Enable 128-bit encrypted wireless direct printing from mobile devices - without accessing the network.
- Easily access, print, and share resources with Ethernet and optional wireless networking.
- Print with just a touch of your NFC-enabled mobile device to this printer - no network needed.
- Finish tasks faster with a printer that starts right away and helps conserve energy.
- Multi-level device security helps protect from threats.
- Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence allow this printer to produce more high quality pages.
- FCC Class A emissions device for use in commercial environments, not residential environments.
- Workteams excel with HP's black-and-white office LaserJet printers, which pack extra punch with high-quality results, extra power, and more features.
- First page out (ready) black: As fast as 5.9 sec; As fast as 11.3 sec (100 V)
- Resolution (black): Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Resolution technology: 300 dpi, 600 dpi, HP FastRes 1200, HP ProRes 1200
- Monthly duty cycle: Up to 150,000 pages
- Recommended monthly page volume: 2000 to 7500
- Print Technology: Laser
- Display: 4-line LCD (color graphics)
- Processor speed: 1.2 GHz
- Number of print cartridges: 1 (black)
- Replacement cartridges: HP 87A Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge (approx. 9000 pages) CF287A, HP 87X Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge (approx. 18,000 pages) CF287X
- Print languages: HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5 (HP PCL 5 driver available from the Web only), HP postscript level 3 emulation, native PDF printing (v 1.7)
- Automatic paper sensor: No
- Paper trays, standard: 2
- Paper trays, maximum: 5
- Mobile Printing Capability: HP ePrint; Apple AirPrint; Mopria-certified
- Connectivity, standard: Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port; built-in Fast Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-Tx, Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T
- Connectivity, optional: HP Jetdirect 3000w NFC/Wireless Accessory J8030A, HP Jetdirect 2900nw Print Server J8031A
- Network ready: Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Ports: 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 device port; 2 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 host ports ; built-in Fast Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-Tx, Gigabit ethernet 1000Base-T
- Security management: Management security: SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WPA2-Enterprise, 802.1X authentication (EAP- PEAP, EAP-TLS), IPP over TLS, IPsec/Firewall with Certificate, Pre-Shared Key Authentication, and Kerberos Authentication; Support for WJA-10 IPsec Configuration using IPsec Plug-in
- Minimum system requirements: Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite; Internet; USB; 1 GB available hard disk; OS compatible hardware. Windows XP SP3 all 32-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc), Windows Vista all 32-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc), Windows 7 all 32 and 64-bit editions, Windows 8/8.1 all 32 and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all 32 and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets); CD-ROM or DVD drive, or Internet connection; Dedicated USB or network connection or Wireless connection; 200 MB available hard disk space; OS compatible hardware.
- Compatible operating systems: Windows OS compatible with In-Box Driver: Windows XP SP3 all 32-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc), Windows Vista all 32-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc), Windows 7 all 32 and 64-bit editions, Windows 8/8.1 all 32 and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all 32 and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets); Windows OS compatible with Universal Print Driver: Windows XP SP3 32 and 64-bit editions (XP Home, XP Pro, etc), Windows Vista all 32 and 64-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc), Windows 7 all 32 and 64-bit editions, Windows 8/8.1 all 32 and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets), Windows 10 all 32 and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for Tablets); Mac OS: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite; Mobile OS (In-OS drivers): iOS, Android, Windows 8/8.1/10 RT; Linux OS (In-OS HPLIP): SUSE Linux (12.2, 12.3, 13.1), Fedora (17, 18, 19, 20), Linux Mint (13, 14, 15, 16, 17), Boss (3.0, 5.0), Ubuntu (10.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04, 14.10), Debian (6.0.x, 7.x); Other OS: UNIX
- Memory, standard: 512 MB
- Memory, maximum: 1.5 GB
- Printer management: Printer Management; Printer Administrator Resource Kit (Driver Configuration Utility, Driver Deployment Utility, Managed Printing Administrator); HP Web JetAdmin Software; HP Proxy Agent Software; HP JetAdvantage Security Manager.
- Supported network protocols: IPv4/IPv6: Apple Bonjour Compatible (Mac OS 10.2.4 or higher), SNMPv1/v2c/v3, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, TFTP, Port 9100, LPD, WS Discovery, IPP, Secure-IPP, IPsec/Firewall; IPv6: DHCPv6, MLDv1, ICMPv6; IPv4: Auto-IP, SLP, Telnet, IGMPv2, BOOTP/DHCP, WINS, IP Direct Mode, WS Print; Other: NetWare NDS, Bindery, NDPS, ePrint; Google Cloud Print 2.0
- Hard disk: Optional, 500 GB minimum encrypted hard disk drive
- Paper handling input, standard: 100-sheet multipurpose Tray 1, 550-sheet input tray 2
- Paper handling output, standard: 250-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing: Manual (driver support provided)
- Finished output handling: Sheetfed
- Media sizes supported: Tray 1: A4, A5, A6, B5, 16k, 10 x 15 cm, post cards (JIS single and double), envelopes (DL, C5, C6, B5); Tray 2: A4, A5, B5, 16k, double postcard; Optional trays 3+: A4, B5, 16k, double postcard; Optional Automatic Duplexer: A4
- Media sizes, custom: Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; 550-sheet input Tray 2: 4.1 x 5.8 to 8.5 x 14 in; optional 550-sheet input Tray 3+: 4.1 x 5.8 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media types: Paper (bond, color, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels; cardstock; transparencies; user-defined
- Supported media weight: Tray 1: 16 to 53 lb; tray 2+: 16 to 32 lb
- Media weights by paper path: Tray 1: 60 to 199 g/m squared; Tray 2+: 60 to 120 g/m squared
- Power: Input voltage: 100 to 127 VAC, 60 Hz; Input voltage: 200 to 240 VAC, 50 Hz (Not dual voltage, power supply varies by part number with option code identifier)
- Print speed, black (normal): Up to 45 ppm
- Power consumption: 741.98 watts (Active Printing), 13.72 watts (Ready), 2.51 watts (Sleep), 0.08 watts (Auto-Off), 0.08 watts (Off)
- Energy efficiency: ENERGY STAR certified; Blue Angel; CECP; EPEAT
- Operating temperature range: 59 to 90.5 degrees F
- Operating humidity range: 30 to 70 percent RH
- Dimensions (W X D X H): 16.46 x 14.80 x 11.73 in
- Dimensions Maximum (W X D X H): 16.46 x 25.16 x 11.73 in
- Weight: 25.5 lb
- Package weight: 32.1 lb
- What's in the box: HP LaserJet M506 Printer; Introductory HP Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (approx. 6000 pages); CDs containing software and electronic documentation; HIGS; Erratas
- Cable included: No, please purchase USB cable separately; Yes, 1 USB (AP Only)
- Software included: For Windows OS: HP Software Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL 6 Printer Driver, HP Device Experience (DXP), HP Update, Product Registration Assist, HP Web Services Assist (HP Connected), Online user manuals; For Mac OS: Welcome Screen
- FCC: FCC Class A emissions - for use in commercial environments, not residential environments