The new HP G71 series is simply elegant. Its highly-polished reflective top cover and palm rest area complement the matte finish everywhere else. The HP Imprint finish in piano black on the top cover and in silver surrounding the keyboard provides greater durability than traditional painted surfaces.
The HP G71 series delivers easy-to-use entertainment. Enjoy full-screen HD TV and movie playback on the crystal-clear 16:9 17.3 inch diagonal HP Brightview display.(8) Or view your PC content on your HD TV by connecting it through the HDMI port (cable sold separately). Burn audio CDs and DVDs to share your favorite songs and video clips with friends and family. Built-in Altec Lansing speakers bring your entertainment to life. And the 5:1 digital media reader enables photo transfer in seconds for easy upload to Snapfish or printing on your HP Photosmart printer.
RELAX WITH 24/7 SUPPORT. FOR LIFE.
HP Care Pack Support provides toll-free phone support while your PC is within Warranty, plus online support anytime throughout its life. There are three ways to reach HP.
- From your desktop: HP Support Assistant includes preinstalled content and diagnostic tools - just click the 'HP Support Assistant' icon on the desktop and follow the prompts.
- Through the Internet: Visit hp.com/go/notebookcare in the United States.
- By telephone: In the U.S., just call 1.800.474.6836 (1.800.HP.INVENT).
DESIGNED FOR IDEAL VALUE
For those who want to connect and manage everyday computing tasks with an elegantly minimalist desktop-replacement notebook, the HP G71 series delivers at a great value. Powered by Intel processor and graphics technologies, the G71 includes essential features to enhance your PC experience and life.
- Your PC, simplified. Windows 7 is the easiest, fastest, most secure and energy-efficient version of Windows yet. Better ways to find and manage files, like Jump Lists and improved taskbar previews, help you speed through everyday tasks. And great features like HomeGroup make sharing files on home networks easier, while Snap lets you quickly resize and compare windows on your desktop. Faster and more reliable performance means your PC just works the way you want it to.
- Store more media. The 320GB hard drive has room for up to 51,000 photos(29) or 64,000 songs(30) or 181 hours of recorded video in 'fair' mode(31) or 71 hours of recorded video 'best' mode(31) so your entertainment and critical information goes where you do.
- Stay connected with the HP Webcam. Turn your next instant message into a live video chat with the integrated webcam, omni directional microphone and an IM solution. Optimized for low-light environments, it's great for capturing short videos to share on your favorite social networking site. Personalize your videos with included YouCam software from Cyberberlink.(15)
- Personalized disc labels with LightScribe. Create custom laser-etched disc labels right in the drive with LightScribe and preinstalled Cyberlink DVD Suite. Just burn data on the disc, flip it over and burn the cover image using any scanned image and/or text. Visit the LightScribe Web site for more information.(16a)
- Photo-ready with 5-in-1 media card reader. Transfer photos from your digital camera in seconds and conveniently upload to Snapfish for editing, sharing, printing and use in calendars, cards, flipbooks and more.
- Going online (Web surfing, social networking, email, shopping, video streaming)
- Running multiple applications at the same time
- Viewing and editing photos
- Listening to music, converting CDs to MP3s and burning discs
- Watching DVD movies
As a leader in environmental responsibility, HP is committed to reducing our impact on the earth. Renew, recycle, rethink with HP.
- ENERGY STAR qualified and EPEAT Silver registered
- Advanced power management features and aggressive default power settings for reduced energy consumption
- Mercury-free LED display
- Exclusive use of EPA SmartWay carriers for fewer transportation-related emissions
- Recyclable packaging designed for minimal material usage
- Free recycling for your old computer hardware
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit(1)
- Intel Core2 Duo Processor T6600(2c)(3)(4b)
- 4096MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- Max supported =8192MB
ACCESSIBLE MEMORY SLOTS
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD (shared) with up to 1759MB total available graphics memory(6)
- 320GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)(7)
FINISH AND FEATURES
- HP Imprint finish & HP Webcam with integrated microphone(15)
- LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD?R/RW with Double Layer Support(6d)(16a)(16d)
- 17.3 inch Diagonal HD+ High-Definition(8) HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display (1600 x 900)
- Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector) (9)
- Intel WiFi Link 1000BGN(10b)
- 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards(17a)
- 101-key compatible with full size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad
- Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad
EXTERNAL NOTEBOOK PORTS
- 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
- 1 Headphone out
- 1 microphone-in
- 1 HDMI
- 1 VGA (15-pin)
- 1 RJ-11 (modem)
- 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
- Unpackaged: 16.24 in (L) x 10.90 in (D) 1.42 in (min) - 1.77 in (max) (H)
- Packaged: 20.5 in (W) x 4.2 in (D) x13.6 in (H)
- Unpackaged: 6.72 lbs(12)
- Packaged: 9.8 lbs
- Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
- Power-on password
- Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
- 65W AC Adapter
- 6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
- 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Toll Free Support (NA)
- 1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support
- 30-Days Free Limited Software Support with 1-Year (from date of purchase) Free Limited Software Support with Product Registration.
SOFTWARE SECURITY AND SUPPORT
- Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009 (including 60 days complimentary live update)(15)(19b)
- HP Help & Support
- HP PC Recovery
- HP Advisor
PRODUCTIVITY AND FINANCE
- Microsoft Works
- Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition: 60 Day Trial Version(19)
- HP DVD Play
- Cyberlink DVD Suite
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- HP Games Powered by Wild Tangent
- HP Set Up(15)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer