This NEW product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, etc) and returns will not be accepted. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order.
We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the Item is sold as-is with no warranty. Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product.
Expanding on the elegance of the current line, the new HDX series is defined by fluid, modern lines and metalized finishes with surprising innovations inside and out. High-gloss HP Imprint finish in titanium and chrome now encases all surfaces visible during normal use for greater durability, and a sleeve is included for extra protection. The HDX series Fluid Imprint features an flowing linear pattern that enhances the reflective qualities of the metallic finish. The streamlined look is enhanced with a color-matched keyboard and touchpad. And touch media controls light up and become visible only when the system is powered on further enhancing the clean appearance. HP's mobile products have won coveted International Red Dot, iF and CES Innovation design awards and been recognized by other leading design institutions.
Extreme entertainment is at your fingertips with everything you need to enjoy content in the highest-quality formats - and create your own show. Introducing HP MediaSmart for access to DVDs, videos, photos, music, games, Internet TV, and streamed or recorded TV at the touch of a button.
-Watch standard DVDs in high definition with Video Upscaling.
-Connect to your HD TV via the HDMI port to view content from your HP HDX notebook.
-Control playback with the HP ScrollSmart Remote Control.
-Edit and burn HD content with Cyberlink DVD Suite Premium.
-Create movies complete with special effects fast with Muvee Reveal Premium.
-Enjoy thunderous audio enabled by the HP Triple Bass Subwoofer.
-Get simulated surround sound with Dolby Home Theater and Altec Lansing speakers.
-Experience true immersion in 3D games with NVIDIA G9600 series graphics and discrete video memory with DirectX 10 support.
DESIGNED TO CAPTIVATE
For those who want the latest performance technologies enabling a premium home cinema and computing experience, the HP HDX 18 delivers in an elegant desktop-replacement design. Its reflective Fluid Imprint finish encases leading-edge mobile architectures from Intel and NVIDIA. HP HDX notebook PCs provide the options you need to connect, enjoy and experience peace of mind.
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 Ultra Wide Display. Enjoy full-screen views with a viewing angle of 140 degrees (vs. standard 90) and significatnly enhanced brightness, color and clarity with the HP Full HD Ultra BrightView Infinity display.
- Connect with the HP Webcam. Turn your next instant message into a live video chat with the integrated webcam, omni directional microphone and an IM solution. Optimized for low-light environments, it's great for capturing short videos to share on your favorite social networking site. Personalize your videos with included YouCam software.
- Enhanced security options. HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection locks your hard drive into place when it senses abrupt motion to help prevent data loss. The eSATA/USB Combo port enables fast backup to an external hard drive. And the dual hard disk drives provide an easy back up option. The integrated fingerprint reader offers greater security and ease-of-use by associating passwords to your system and online accounts with unique fingerprints.
- Personalized disc labels with LightScribe. Create custom laser-etched disc labels right in the drive with LightScribe and preinstalled Cyberlink DVD Premium. Just burn data on the disc, flip it over and burn the cover image using any scanned image and/or text.
- Full-memory access. Windows Vista 64-bit operating systems are able to fully access system memory to support 3D games and complex applications.
Key features :
- Intel Centrino 2 Processor Technology featuring Intel Core2 Duo Processor P8600
- Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with Service Pack 1
- 16.0" Diagonal High Definition HP BrightView Infinity Display (1366?768)
- NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT with up to 2558MB total available graphics memory with 512MB dedicated
- 6144MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- 500GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)
- LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
- Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN & Bluetooth
|Operating System: ||Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1|
|Processor: ||Intel Centrino 2 Processor Technology featuring Intel Core2 Duo Processor P8600|
|Processor Speed: ||2.40 GHz|
|Bus Speed: ||3 MB L2 Cache|
|Microprocessor Cache: ||1066MHz FSB|
|Memory: ||6144MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)|
Max supported =8192MB
|Accessible Memory Slots: ||2|
|Video Graphics: ||NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT with up to 2558MB total available graphics memory with 512MB dedicated|
|Hard Drive: ||500GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA)|
|Multimedia Drive: ||LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support|
|Display: ||16.0" Diagonal High Definition HP BrightView Infinity Display (1366?768)|
|Network Card: ||Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)|
|Wireless Option: ||Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN & Bluetooth|
|Digital Media: ||5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards|
|Audio: ||Altec Lansing with Dolby Home Theater with Sub-Woofer|
|Fax/Modem: ||High speed 56k modem|
|Keyboard: ||101-key compatible with full size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad|
|Pointing Device: ||Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad|
|External Ports: || |
- 4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 4th port shared with eSATA
- 2 Headphone out
- 1 microphone-in
- 1 VGA (15-pin)
- eSATA + USB 2.0
- 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
- 1 notebook expansion port 3
- 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin)
- 1 Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)
|Dimensions: ||14.9 (L) x 10.0" (D) x 1.31 (min H)/1.70(max H)|
20.5"(W) x 4.3"(D) x13.8"(H)
|Weight: ||Unpackaged: 7.06lbs |
|WHAT'S IN THE BOX: ||Mobile Stereo Earbud Headphones (1 pair)|
HP Mobile ScrollSmart Remote Control
HP HDX Notebook Protective Sleeve
|Security: ||Kensington MicroSaver lock slot|
Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
|Power: ||90W AC Adapter|
6-Cell Lithium-Ion battery
|USA HP Warranty and Support: ||1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty Toll Free Support (NA)|
1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support
30-Days Free Limited Software Support (1 Year* Free Limited Software Support with Product Registration) *from date of purchase
|Security and Support: || |
- Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009 (including 60 days complimentary live update)
- HP Help & Support Center
- HP Recovery Manager
- HP Home Network Center
- HP Total Care Advisor
- ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
|Multimedia: || |
- HP MediaSmart
- Muvee Reveal Premium
- Cyberlink DVD Suite Premium
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
|Internet Solutions: ||HP Total Care Set Up|
Microsoft Internet Explorer