Impressively thin and light; the HP EliteBook 840 empowers users to create; connect; and collaborate; using enterprise-class performance technology that helps keep you productive in and out of the office.
Combine high performance technology and long battery life with Windows 10 Pro; 6th Gen Intel Core processors; and a PCIe Gen3 SSD. Drive performance with up to 32 GB of DDR4 memory; and dual storage options for your most demanding business applications and fast access to data.
Slim new design with all the right ports
Connect to essential ports without the hassle of dongles. At just 18.9 mm; the ultraslim and light HP EliteBook 840 comes with VGA; Display Port; RJ-45; USB; USB-C; and enterprise docking capabilities.
Security inside and out
HP helps protect you from malware and visual hacking. HP Sure Start with Dynamic Protection protects against BIOS attacks; and the optional HP Sure View integrated privacy screen shields your screen from prying eyes with the touch of a button.
Designed for collaboration
Replace your speaker phone with the HP EliteBook 840 with Audio by Bang & Olufsen plus HP Noise Reduction Software that provides a rich collaboration experience for applications like Skype for Business.
- Power through your day with Windows 10 Pro and the powerful; sleek; thin; and light HP EliteBook 840.
- Instantly protect against visual hacking with the optional HP Sure View integrated privacy screen; featuring 3M privacy technology. At the touch of a button your screen appears dark to those around you while you see your content clearly.
- HP Sure Start with Dynamic Protection checks your BIOS every 15 minutes to detect attacks and corruption then self-heals the BIOS automatically.
- Enjoy a remarkable balance of comfort and feedback with the HP Premium Keyboard engineered for
- Get the speed and space you need without having to use external storage. Dual drive support options quickly boot; wake; and run your system on a fast SSD and let you maintain access to your files with a high-capacity HDD.
- Stand up to the workload with an EliteBook that passed MIL-STD 810G testing.
- Experience the difference with HP Clear Sound AMP and the HP EliteBook 840 speakers.
- Suppress background noise including keyboard clicks with HP Noise Reduction Software.
- Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro 64)
- Processor family: Intel Core i5 processor
- Processor: Intel Core i5-6300U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.4 GHz; up to 3 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology; 3 MB cache; 2 cores)
- Chipset: Chipset is integrated with processor
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
- Memory slots: 2 SODIMM
- Internal drive: 128 GB M.2 SSD
- Display: 14" diagonal FHD SVA anti-glare slim LED-backlit (1920 x 1080) 
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520
- External I/O Ports: 1 USB 3.0; 1 USB 3.0 charging; 1 USB Type-C; 1 DisplayPort; 1 VGA; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 AC power; 1 RJ-45; 1 docking connector
- Expansion slots: 1 media card reader; 1 external SIM; Supports SD; SDHC; SDXC.
- Audio: Audio by Bang & Olufsen; Integrated dual array microphone; Integrated premium speakers; HP Noise Reduction Software; HP Clear Sound Amp; Audio by Bang & Olufsen; Integrated dual array microphone; Integrated premium speakers; HP Noise Reduction Software; HP Clear Sound Amp
- Webcam: 720p HD webcam
- Keyboard: Spill-resistant keyboard with drain; Spill-resistant backlit keyboard with drain and DuraKeys (optional)
- Pointing device: Glass touchpad (with chemically etched surface) with on/off button; supports 2-way scroll; taps and gestures enabled by default; two-finger scrolling; two finger zoom (pinch); Pointstick
- Wireless technology: Intel 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo
- Power supply: 45 W Smart AC adapter; 65 W Smart AC adapter
- Battery: HP Long Life 3-cell; 46 WHr Li-ion
- Battery life: Up to 13 hours and 30 minutes
- Dimensions (W X D X H): 13.3 x 9.3 x 0.74 in (non-touch); 13.3 x 9.3 x 0.8 in (touch)
- Weight: Starting at 3.27 lb (non-touch); Starting at 3.75 lb (touch)
- Warranty: 3-year limited parts; labor (3/3/0) warranty. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
- Software included: HP 3D Driveguard; HP BIOSphere with HP Sure Start; HP Client Security; HP Connection Manager (models with Windows 7 only); HP ePrint Driver; HP Recovery Manager; HP SoftPaq Download Manager; HP Support Assistant; Buy Office; HP Mobile Connect Pro (models with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10); HP Noise Reduction Software; HP Image Assistant
- Security management: Security lock slot (lock must be purchased separately); TPM 1.2/2.0; Integrated smart card reader (active); Preboot Authentication (password; Smart Card); HP Fingerprint reader (optional)