It's a tiny technological marvel! JVC's groundbreaking GZ-MC100 is incredibly compact for a camcorder that can record crisp, DVD-quality video. Tuck it into a pocket and take it to soccer games, school plays, or family reunions; with the 'MC100, you're ready to capture a memorable moment anytime, anywhere. The secret to this camcorder's small size? It records to a 4GB Microdrive -- a miniaturized hard drive that's removable, fully reusable, and amazingly portable. It holds hours of great-looking video, and you can add extra Microdrives for additional storage. When it comes to archiving your recordings, you've got lots of options. You can transfer home movies to your PC via the USB 2.0 interface, edit them using the supplied software, and then use your DVD-R/W drive to record them onto durable DVD discs. Or make copies of your videos by connecting the camcorder's A/V output to a VCR or component DVD recorder.
Everio is a new type of camera, a digital media camera, offering applications beyond that of conventional digital video cameras or digital still cameras. Everio comes with a large-capacity, card-type removable hard disk drive termed "Microdrive", making a new world of videography and photography possible. Compactness, large capacity, high-quality pictures and reliable portability are the keys to Everio.
Everio uses the high-quality MPEG-2 data compression format and JVC's original codec chip for moving picture recording and a Microdrive, CF card or SD card as media to save these images. A shock absorption mechanism for the hard disk has been newly developed for reliable portability. And to make sure images are captured with the utmost quality to begin with, Everio features high-resolution lens technology, advanced CCD image sensors and the proprietary Megabrid Engine to assure optimum video and still image processing.
With the provided 4GB Microdrive, DVD-quality MPEG-2 moving pictures can be recorded for one hour in ULTRA FINE mode or up to 300 minutes in ECO mode. Or shoot and store thousands of photo-quality digital stills. Everio allows you to shoot a large capacity of moving pictures and stills with this palm-sized, image-capturing tool.
Everio can be carried everywhere at all times with the ability to shoot high-quality moving pictures and stills. Its data can be transferred easily to a PC as well. This type of flexibility makes it easier to enjoy the creative visual process. With Everio you can start a new lifestyle with your own imagination.
Versatile, Lossless Data
Store what you've shot on the provided Microdrive card, optional CompactFlash or SD Memory Cards. size as a CompactFlash card, but with many Gigabytes of capacity. You can eject the Microdrive card, just as you would a CompactFlash or SD Memory Card, and load data into your PC via optional card adapter. Or simply connect the camera via its USB2.0 interface for quick downloading to a PC. All transfer is digital-to-digital, so you won't lose any quality in the process.
Microdrive technology leading to higher capacity and better usability
The boom in the most popular audio players, digital cameras and the need for portable storage is driving Microdrive manufacturers to develop even higher capacity and user-friendly drives. With the large capacity, card-type hard-disk "Microdrive" included in Everio, you can record up to one hour of high-quality MPEG-2 moving pictures or up to 9999 digital stills. Memory this large (4GB) is remarkable for a drive as compact as this, which is about the size of a matchbook.
Super Hi-Resolution Lens
The lens has been designed with high precision, delivering the high resolution capabilities required for Everio. 10x optical zoom assures high-quality pictures for both moving and still images.
2.1 Megapixel CCD
The GZ-MC100 is eqipted with a total of 2.12 million pixels (effective at 1.23 million for moving pictures and 2 million for still images) are provided by this 1/3.6" CCD chip.
1.8" 130,000-pixel LCD Display
Targets your subject in vivid color, and can be adjusted for versatile shooting angles. Also, through the easy-to-use GUI, you can select manual functions including Focus, White Balance, Shutter Speed, Exposure and Program AE. As thumbnails are shown, you can display the videos and stills you want to see.
The Megabrid Engine applies separate, optimized processing to moving and still images to reproduce both with excellent quality. Using this technology, video images have a high sensitivity and high signal-to-noise ratio, even in low light. In addition, the high resolution still images are crisp and clear, allowing for beautiful quality prints. RGB based processing assures more rich and realistic color reproduction
3-D Noise Reduction (3D NR)
This frame-based innovation in 3-dimensional noise reduction provides more accurate noise reduction because it is based on twice the amount of visual information than conventional field-based types. Video noise is reduced by 30% in low light for a 2dB improvement in the signal-to-noise ratio. This technology allows you to get a bright picture with less noise, even in low light.
MPEG-2 DVD-quality moving pictures
Using the high-quality MPEG-2 data compression format, you can record DVD-quality moving pictures at a constant bit rate of 8.88 Mbps with Dolby Digital Audio*.
Compatible Media: The GZ-MC100 is compatible with the following media: Microdrive (removable hard disk), CompactFlash cards, and SD Memory cards. A 4GB Microdrive is supplied with the camera.
CyberLink DVD Solution
The three bundled software applications that come with CyberLink allow you to save, manage, create, and distribute your memories. In addition to making it easy to create DVDs, the supplied software supports a variety of file formats for distribution via the web or by e-mail. Supported formats include DV-AVI, Windows-AVI, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2, as well as Windows Media Video and RealVideo movies that can be streamed over the Internet.
- PowerProducer offers easy authoring of video clips in any order you choose to DVD, even right from a USB-connected camera, so you can share your original DVDs with anybody who owns a DVD player.
- PowerDVD for easy video clip and DVD playback with Dolby Digital Audio.
- PowerDirector Express offers feature-rich, non-linear editing so you can flex your creative muscle with titles, effects, and even mix still with videos.
|Features & Specifications|
- Auto and Manual Focus
- Digital Image Stabilizer
- Exposure (Video: -6 ~ +6, Stills: -2EV ~ +2EV)
- Shutter Speeds (Video: 1/2 ~ 1/4000 sec./Still: 1/2 ~ 1/500)
- Gain up Video sensitivity setting
- ISO 100, 200 (preliminary) Still sensitivity settings
- Backlight/Spotlight Compensation
- White Balance (Auto, MWB, Fine, Cloud, Halogen)
- Self-timer (2sec/10sec)
- Motor-Drive Shooting
- D.Wide angle mode extends beyond maximum optical wide-angle zoom range.
- Macro shooting as close as 5 cm (2") with zoom set to wide.
- Tele-macro shoots subjects large as close as 60cm (2 feet).
- Voice Recording mode (FINE, STD, ECO) records .wav files with 16-bit 48 kHz PCM sampling for up to 1.5Mbps; 5 hours and 47 minutes with 4GB Microdrive in FINE mode, 34 hours 43 minutes in ECO mode with 8kHz sampling.
- Wind Cut to remove wind noise
- Record Special Effects (Sepia, Black & White)
- Info Display: File, Folder, Date, Start Time, Playback Time, Video Mode, Protection
- Cool animated camera control menu and Thumbnail index system for easy clip and image location and management
- Playlist Video clip Playback and Slide-show Still Playback
- Playback Special Effects (Sepia, Black & White, Strobe)
- Playback Scene Transitions (White Fader, Black Fader, Black & White Fader, Corner Wipe, Window Wipe, Slide Wipe, Door Wipe, Scroll Wipe, Shutter Wipe)
- Dimensions: 1 - 11/16" x 4-1/16" x 2-13/16"
- Weight: 11.1 oz. with battery and media
- Warranty: 1 year parts 90 days labor