No tapes. No discs. JVC's innovative GZ-MG20 can store approx. 5 hours of DVD-quality recordings on its built-in 20GB disk drive. Imagine filming your entire vacation without having to carry along all those extra cassette and disc cases, and never having to stop and reload.
Finding a particular scene you've recorded is a easy, too, thanks to the hard drive's direct access capability. There's no fast forwarding or rewinding necessary - your movie clips are cataloged as thumbnail images. Just select the one you want and it's instantly ready to view. You can easily delete scenes to free up disk space, or assemble them into playlists for viewing in any order you wish. And there's never any risk of recording over precious, once-in-a-lifetime footage. The 'MG20 always selects a blank space on the hard drive to begin recording your next scene.
When you've finished shooting your video, you can use the cam's high-speed USB interface to download it to a compatible computer. JVC includes intuitive, easy-to-use software for editing your footage, adding titles and effects, or even mixing still images together with motion video. Use your PC's DVD burner to make copies for permanent storage and for sharing with friends and family. You can play your movies back on a TV, as well, or record them to a VCR or component DVD recorder using the 'MG20's audio/video outputs.
Along with its flexible and innovative recording abilities, this camcorder offers a host of features that help ensure stunning video. It uses a 25X optical zoom lens that is designed to gather more light, teamed together with JVC's proprietary video noise reduction system and Image Stabilizer. The result is a brighter, cleaner-looking picture, even in dimly lit conditions. A built-in LED light illuminates your subjects for more colorful video in dark environments and can even be set to turn on and off automatically. The MG20 lets you capture crisp digital photos and save them to the hard drive or to optional SD memory cards. And its advanced image processor handles video and still images separately to deliver optimal performance for each.
|Features & Specifications|
- Records DVD-quality video to a built-in 20GB hard disk drive
- 20GB holds approximately:
4 hours 50 minutes at ULTRA (DVD movie) setting (8.5 Mbps)
7 hours 10 minutes at FINE (DVD) setting (5.5 Mbps)
9 hours 30 minutes at NORM (TV) setting (4.2 Mbps)
25 hours at ECO setting (Internet) (1.5 Mbps)
- 25X optical zoom (digital zoom to 700X)
- 2-1/2" color LCD cuts surface reflections and glare for clear, bright views even in outdoor recording
- 16 x9 Wide Mode
- Digital Still Capable to either the HDD or SD card slot
- Top JPEG resolution: 640 x 480
- SD memory card slot
- Dolby Digital 2.0 audio recording
- Floating suspension and force sensor systems protect the hard disk from shock and vibration
- Digital Image Stabilizer
- Auto and manual focus
- White balance control
- Shutter speeds: 1/2 - 1/4000 seconds (video); 1/2 - 1/500 seconds (still photo)
- 9 program AE modes including sepia, black & white, classic film, strobe, and sports
- Displays remaining power level and recording time with included battery
- Audio/video output (including S-Video)
- High-speed USB interface
- Auto illumination light
- Direct photo printing with PictBridge-compliant printers
- Dimensions: 2.64" (W) x 2.76" (H) x 4.29" (D)
- Weight: 13.4 oz. with battery and media
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor