Serial Digital Interface, or SDI, is a standard for broadcast quality video, capable of transmitting uncompressed digital component video across a single coaxial cable with television facilities, with audio embedded in the same signal.
In addition to live switching of 8 digital sources, SX-SDI also serves as a signal router, with the ability to assign any of the serial digital inputs to any of 5 digital outputs.
Further flexibility is provided on the audio side, with support for embedded digital audio selectable from any SDI input, as well as AES-EBU audio in and out.
While the SX-SDI adds additional inputs to VT 5 , it does not limit the capacity of the SX-84 analog switcher. This means an SX-SDI added to a VT 5 LIVE! system continues to provide component, Y/C and composite in and out in addition to the digital connectivity.
- 8 Serial Digital video inputs
- 1 Embedded Serial Digital audio input
- 1 AES-EBU Serial Digital audio input
- 8 Serial Digital video outputs
- 1 Serial Digital Preview output
- 1 Serial Digital Program output
- 1 Embedded Serial Digital output
- 1 AES-EBU Serial Digital
- SDI Video in / out conforms to SMPTE 259M
- Embedded Audio conforms to SMPTE 272M
- Digital Audio in / out conforms to AES/EBU standards; 20-bit 48khz (2 channels)