The open-box product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications.
It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it has been returned to us without a box or with markings on the box or instruction manual, or box was opened or torn in shipping.
Be advised that quantities of open-box products are limited, back-orders are not accepted and all orders are processed on a first come, first served basis.
The price has been marked down to reflect the condition
Feel free to contact us for any additional details on the unit's status or any other questions you have on other open-box specials
HDD + SD = Up to 29 Hours of Recording Time
The HDC-HS9 hi-def hybrid camcorder boasts an extra-large 60GB internal hard disk drive, which can hold up to 23 hours of your precious memories (in HE mode). And since this camcorder records to both the internal hard drive and SD card, you can add up to an additional six hours of recording (also in HE mode) onto a 16GB SDHC memory card (sold separately).
Never Miss a Detail with 1920x1080 Full-HD Recording
Panasonic full-HD camcorders record horizontal pixels at an HD resolution of up to 1920 pixels, which results in a total of around 2,070,000 pixels. And with progressive scanning, our hi-def camcorders provide twice as much data per picture as conventional interlace scanning. This means you get breathtaking images with exceptional resolution and detail. Combine that with a 1080/24p format, which lets you capture scenes with a rich, film-like quality, and you can see why Panasonic full-HD camcorders take visual expression to the next level.
New Face Detection Function is a First for Video Cameras
With Face Detection - offered for the first time for recording moving pictures with a video camera - Panasonic makes it easy to capture beautiful faces and clear backgrounds even in dim or backlit scenes. This new function, which can detect up to five faces at once, automatically adjusts the exposure and smoothes skin tones according to the ambient brightness, so faces are bright and easy to see.
Shoot and View Magnificent Scenes Every Time with Intelligent Shooting Guide/Selection Playback
The new Intelligent Shooting Guide function helps you get magnificent shots by displaying a text message in the LCD monitor, telling you which settings are best for the current shooting conditions. With Intelligent Selection Playback, poor or inadvertent shots (such as shots of the ground or overly dark scenes) are skipped and all normal scenes are played while viewing.
Advanced O.I.S. Reduces Camera Shake
Panasonic's Advanced Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S.) suppresses the effects of hand shake as you shoot. The system uses gyrosensors to detect hand shake, then shifts a lens and adjusts the optical axis to compensate. This all happens a remarkable 4,000 times per second. And because the system is optical, no image quality is lost. Thanks to Advanced O.I.S., the images you capture look incredibly clear, sharp and beautiful on a big TV screen.
World-Class Leica Dicomar Lens Delivers Superior HD Images
Developed specifically for full-HD digital camcorders, the world-class Leica Dicomar lens system is made using a multi-coating process that prevents light reflection and glare, which can make colors bleed and images appear washed out. It also prevents rings of light, or "ghosts."
- Full-HD recording: Images recorded by conventional HD camcorders have only 1,440 horizontal pixels, while full-HD camcorders have 1,920. That's about 30 percent more recording pixels. The result is a level of detail beyond anything you've ever experienced. Combine that with progressive scanning and 1080/24p format-which captures scenes with a rich, film-like quality-and you?ll take your visual expression to the next level.
- 3CCD mechanism: This camcorder uses three CCD imagers, one for each of the primary colors (red, green and blue) into which incoming light is split. This picks up more light than traditional single CCD camcorders and delivers a more natural, brighter color reproduction.
- World-class Leica lens: The HDC-HS9 comes with a Leica Dicomar lens, fashioned specifically for high-definition digital camcorders. Multiple coatings prevent light reflection and glare, which can wash out colors and images. The superior craftsmanship of this lens will capture stunning images and colors that look magnificent in HD.
- 2.7" LCD widescreen: This screen delivers a clear picture of the action during recording and playback. The wide aspect ratio makes it easier to shoot in dramatic 16:9 widescreen format.
- Optical image stabilizer (OIS): Unsteady hands, shooting while in motion-these factors can reduce the quality of your video. This system uses gyrosensors to detect hand shake, then shifts a lens and adjusts the optical axis to compensate. This all happens a remarkable 4,000 times per second. And because the system is optical, no image quality is lost.
- Face detection: This groundbreaking feature is offered for the first time for recording moving pictures with a video camera. Now it's easy to capture beautiful faces and clear backgrounds-even in dim or backlit scenes. This function, which can detect up to five faces at once, automatically adjusts exposure and smoothes skin tones according to ambient brightness, so faces are bright and easy to see.
- Records on hard drive and SD/SDHC cards: The extra-large 60GB hard disk drive stores up to 23 hours of video. Switch to a 16GB SDHC memory card to capture up to another six hours of video. Card sold separately.
- 10x optical zoom: Optical zoom helps to bring the action close up from far away-without any loss in image clarity.
- Intelligent Shooting Guide function: This smart camcorder displays a text message in the LCD monitor, telling you which settings are best for the current shooting conditions.
- Advanced audio: Use the zoom microphone to record in 5.1 stereo with Dolby Digital processing.
- AVCHD video compression: This hi-def compression technology is far more efficient than standard definition MPEG-2, offering both reduced storage requirements and better video quality.
- Digital still mode: Use your camcorder as a camera to shoot crisp 2.1-megapixel photos.
Note: Memory card not included.