This NEW product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, etc) and returns will not be accepted. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order.
We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the Item is sold as-is with no warranty. Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product.
As the follow-up to the SDR-S100, the Panasonic SDR-S150 builds on the success of its predecessor. Not only can you record MPEG2 video straight to an SD card (2GB card included), but the 3CCD image sensor and optical image stabilization work to ensure that your images look their best. The S150 also uses Panasonic's proprietary Quad-Density Pixel Distribution technology to convert the image signal. Providing four times the pixel density when recording still pictures, this lets the S150 capture 3.1-megapixel (2048 x 1512) still pictures. Plus, 1.5-second quick start and a wide, 2.8-inch LCD monitor make it easy to operate.
Leica Dicomar lens - World renowned image quality
The Leica Dicomar lens was developed jointly by world renowned Leica Camera AG and Panasonic to clear stringent quality standards as an ideal lens system for camcorders. The multicoated lens is able to suppress diffused reflection. The S150's lens system has 12 elements in 8 groups, with 14 multicoated surfaces. It minimizes chromatic aberration caused by focal deviations in the light after it enters the lens. This suppresses both color bleeding and false color.
O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) - Suppresses hand-shake in both Motion and Still pictures
The O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) cancels the hand-shake effect by stabilizing the image that reaches the CCD. Unlike the electrical stabilization system, the optical stabilization system accompanies almost no deterioration and unnatural touchup, This also works for the still picture as MEGA O.I.S. and assure sharp, clear motion pictures and still pictures.
3CCD Camera System - Superior Color, Detail and Gradation
The 3CCD camera system is used in most professional broadcast equipment. Each of the three primary colors is processed just the way it is. That means there is almost no light loss and the color information is accurate.
Panasonic Original Engine - High Picture Quality Even in LP Mode
The Advanced Pure Color Engine renders highly precise, life-like colors by processing each of the R, G and B signals from the three CCDS, while new noise shaping filters further improve processing precision. And the new Panasonic MPEG2 Engine achieves a level of recording quality in LP mode that approaches SP mode.
- Advance Pure Color Engine - The three primary colors that are separated by the 3CCD system are processed individually. Noise is then optimally removed to produce images as beautiful as they appear in nature.
- MPEG2 Engine - Panasonic has developed its own new MPEG2 Engine with Wide-Range Motion Search Tecnology and Variable Bit Rate System. It renders fast-moving subjects with outstanding precision. It also reproduces MPEG2 images in LP mode with the same level of resolution as images in SP mode. Enjoy superb MPEG2 Video with TV and more.
- With TV: In Wide Mode, the S150 lets you capture shots that are perfect for a viewing on a wide-screen TV.
- With DVD Recorder: You can use a Panasonic DIGA DVD recorder to save images from the SD Memory Card onto the unit's built-in hard disk.
- With PC: With MotionSD STUDIO 1.1E software (a standard accessory), you can easily transfer data to a PC, perform non-linear editing, and save images onto a DVD disc. Plus, connect the S150 via a USB cable to a PC and launch Windows Messenger, and the S150 becomes a web camera. Use it for Internet teleconferencing or as a surveillance camera.
Easy Video Editing - Transferring data is as quick and easy as inserting the SD/SDHC Memory Card into a PC or as connecting with an included USB cable to a PC.
Editing with MotionSD Studio1.1E - Nonlinear Editing Right After Recording
The bundled MotionSD STUDIO 1.1E software makes it easy to add titles, text and music, and to do nonlinear editing. You can create your own special productions.
Multiple Storage - Easy to Save and Organize your Enjoyment
The MotionSD STUDIO 1.1E makes it easy to save images onto a DVD, convert them to MPEG4 files, and attach them to e-mail. You'll find many creative ways to use the motion pictures and still pictures you shoot.
With the SD/SDHC memory card, shooting video is easier and more convenient
- Compact size, super-fast startup - The SD/SDHC Memory Card is just 24 (W) x 32 (H) x 2.1 (T) mm and weighs only 2 g (approx.). Startup time is very short too, so you can record on a moment's notice.
- Use it almost anywhere - The tough little SD/SDHC Memory Card is highly resistant to heat, light, impact and dew condensation, so you can take it just about anywhere and use it in a wide range of conditions.
- Quick, easy uploading to a PC - You don't have to run a finalising process when transferring data to a PC. With the SD Memory Card's quick, easy data transfer via the SD Memory Card slot, it's easy to use the video clips and still images you shoot.
|GENERAL ||Power Supply ||DC 7.4 / 9.3 V|
|Power Consumption ||3.5 W|
|Weight (w/o Battery) ||8.82 oz|
|Dimensions (W x H x D ) ||1 31/32 x 3 15/16 x 3 7/32 inch |
|LENS ||Image Sensor ||1/6" CCD x 3 (800 k x 3 pixels, Total / 640 k x 3 [4:3], 540 k x 3 [16:9] (Motion Picture)/710 k x 3 [4:3], 540 k x 3 [16:9] (Still Picture) Effective)|
|F Value ||F 1.8 (wide) / 2.8 (tele)|
|Optical Zoom ||10x|
|Focal Length ||3.0 - 30.0 mm|
|Filter Diameter ||37 mm|
|35 mm Film Camera Equivalent ||45.6 - 456 mm [4:3], 46.7 - 467 mm [16:9] (Motion Picture)|
43.4 - 434 mm [4:3], 47.0 - 470 mm [16:9] (Still Picture)
|Lens ||Leica Dicomar|
|CAMERA ||Minimum Illumination ||1 Lux (MagicPix)|
|Focus ||AF / Manual|
|High-Speed Shutter (sec.) ||1/50 - 1/8000 (Motion Picture), 1/30 - 1/2000 (Still Picture)|
|Monitor ||2.8" Wide LCD|
|Microphone ||Stereo 2ECM|
|VIDEO ||Format ||MPEG2 (Motion Picture), JPEG (Still Picture)|
|Recording Modes ||XP, SP, LP|
|Playback Modes ||XP, SP, LP|
|Card Remaining Indication ||Yes|
|TERMINALS ||AV Output ||Yes|
|S-Video Output ||Yes|
|Headphone (MULTI) ||Yes *Requires an included connection cable.|
|USB ||2.0 High Speed (mini B)|