Sigma's 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro is a compact telephoto zoom lens. With a range that is useful for candid portraiture, capturing children playing in the backyard, amateur sports or even wildlife at the zoo this lens is usually the lens that photographers reach for first. It's great on vacation for capturing scenic details or even groups of flowers in a garden. The Sigma 70-300mm offer a 4 to 1 zoom ratio in a compact lens that is easily carried in your camera bag or left on the camera as you travel; and the images are magnificent.
The multi-layer lens coating and lens design reduce flare and ghosting, which is a common problem with digital cameras, and it also creates an optimum color balance through the entire zoom range. The minimum focusing distance is 59 inches at all zoom settings. The lens features a switch for changeover to macro photography at focal lengths between 200 millimeters and 300 millimeters with a maximum close-up magnification. Without changing the distance between camera and subject, you can change the shooting magnification.
Warranty - 1 year America Warranty + 3 year USA extended warranty on manufacturing and workmanship for a total of 4 years of coverage from date of purchase.
- Optimized for use with digital SLR cameras
- Multi-layer lens coating and lens design reduces flare and ghosting
- Minimum focusing distance is 59 inches at all zoom settings
- Features 14 lens elements in 10 Groups
- High-performance lens ideal for portraits, sports photography, nature photography
- Focal length: 70-300mm
- Maximum aperture: f/4-5.6
- Lens Construction - 14 Elements in 10 Groups
- Angle of View - 34.3 Degrees - 8.2 Degrees
- Number of Diaphragm Blades - 9
- Mininum Aperture - f22-f32
- Minimum Focusing Distance - 150(95) cm / 59.1(37.4) in
- Filter Size (mm) - 58mm
- Maximum Magnifications - 1:4
- Dimensions - (Diameter x Length) - 76.6 x 119.5 mm/3.0 x 4.7 in
- Extended Dimensions - 208.30 mm / 8.2 in
- Weight - 530g / 18.7oz.