- MP3/WMA/AAC playback with DM+ enhancement technology
Multi-format playback lets you play CDs, CD-Rs, or CD-RWs loaded with hundreds of MP3, WMA, or AAC so Multi-formatngs. Hear the music on your recorded CDs and MP3 files in their original vibrancy with DM+ (Digital Music Plus), an original Sony codec enhancer that reproduces detailed and high-frequency sound from compressed audio.
- USB 1-Wire for iPod, iPhone and other USB Digital Music Players
USB 1-Wire for iPod lets you directly connect, charge, and control your digital music player via the USB jack in the front of the unit, as well as view metadata like song title and artist on the front display.
- Quick-BrowZer feature with Jump Mode and Zappin feature
Quick-BrowZer feature lets you search and select songs by category, including artist, album, genre, or playlist. Jump Mode gets you closer to the song you want by allowing you to fast forward through a music category in 10 percent increments. With Zappin feature, you can play music in 6, 9, or 30-second clips until you find the song you're looking for.
- Passenger Control with iPod Display Function
Passenger Control lets your co-pilot control the music playing from your iPod?2 device via connected USB 1-Wire, and as they scan through your music, artist and album information is conveniently shown on the receiver display.
- SAT Radio / HD Radio ready
The GT540UI integrates seamlessly with the optional Sony HD Radio tuner or satellite radio receivers via built in Sony Bus control so you can receive digital radio broadcasts.
- Front Auxiliary input
The front auxiliary input lets you connect almost any portable audio device to your car's sound system.
- EQ3 Stage 2, DSO and 52 Watts x 4 High Power (208 watts total power)
The Sony Xplod GT540UI delivers 52 watts of peak power to all four speakers (208 total watts) for increased sound levels.
- Front, Rear/Sub pre-amp output with selectable LPF/HPF
A built-in LPF (Low Pass Filter) and HPF (High Pass Filter) work to deliver overall better sound, and the LPF features a phase shift function that reduces low-end reverberation.
- Radio Data System (RDS)
Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- Supplied Wireless Card Remote included
The included Wireless Card Remote allows you to control the basic functions of your Sony Xplod system while keeping your eyes on the road.
- Blue key illumination
Illuminated keys help you find and select control functions in low light and complement the CDX-GT540UI's blue backlit display.
- Max power output: 52 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- Speaker Impedance: 4-8 Ohms
- Band: AM / FM
- CD Playback: CD, CD-R / CD-RW (MP3/WMA/AAC files)
- Digital-to-Analog Converter: 24 bit
- Frequency Response: CD: 10-20,000 Hz
- Preout Impedance: 220 ohms
- Preout Voltage: 2 volt
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB): CD: 120 dB
- Station Preset(s): 18 FM / 12 AM
- Tone Control(s): Low +/- 10 dB at 60 Hz Mid +/- 10 dB at 1 kHz High +/- 10dB at 10 kHz
- Tuner Frequency Range: FM:Tuner Frequency Range(MHz): 87.5-107.9, AM:Tuner Frequency Range(kHz): 530-1710
- Tuner Type: SSIR-EXA with RDS
- Volume Control: Tel/Nav Attenuation Circuitry
- Wow and Flutter: Below measurable limit
- Tilt Range: 45 degrees
- CD Text Display: CD and MP3 / WMA data displayed
- Illumination: Blue
- On-Screen Clock: 12H
- Color: Gun Metallic / Black
- Disc Capacity: 1
Inputs and Outputs
- 12V Trigger Output(s): Power antenna Amplifier turn on
- Antenna Terminal(s): Aerial Input Terminal
- Audio In: Front Aux input with variable level: -8dB ~ +18dB Front USB input Sony Bus audio/control terminal
- Digital Audio Input(s): Ability to use all forms of USB devices may vary as not all devices are compatible. This unit can be connected to the following iPods. Update your iPod to the latest software before you use it: iPod Nano 1st generation, iPod Nano 2nd generation (aluminum), iPod Nano 3rd generation (video), iPod 5th generation (video), iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPhone (When you connect iPod Nano 1st generation or iPod 5th generation, Passenger Control is not available. This unit is compliant with MSC (Mass Storage Class) and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) type USB devices compliant with the USB standard. This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB hub. If you have any questions or problems concerning your unit that are not covered in this manual, consult your nearest Sony dealer.)
- Infrared Port: Wireless remote
- RCA Audio Output(s): Front and Rear/Sub selectable RCA pre-amp outputs
- Remote Jack: Optional wired remote terminal
- USB Port(s): Front USB - Full Speed
- Current Drain: 3 - 5 amps
- Input Power: 12 V DC car battery (negative ground (earth))
- Input Voltage: 12 V DC car battery (negative ground)
- Output Power: 52W x4 High Power - 17 watts per channel minimum continuous average power into 4 Ohms, 4 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more than 5 percent total harmonic distortion.
- Power Consumption (in Operation): 45w
- FM Usable Sensitivity: 10 dBf
- Frequency Response: FM: 20-15,000 Hz
- S/N Ratio: 70 dB (mono)
- Selectivity: 75 dB at 400 kHz
- Stereo Separation: 40 dB at 1 KHz
- Display Technology: LCD
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 178 x 50 x 179mm
- Weight (Approx.): 1.3Kg