- Detach face with front aux input
The easy-to-read single line LCD display shows clock, station ID and track data when playing back your digital MP3/WMA/AAC files. Front auxiliary input lets you connect almost any portable audio device to your car's sound system.
- MP3/WMA/AAC playback
Multi-format playback lets you play your MP3, WMA, or AAC songs. Hear digital music files in their original vibrancy with DM+ (Digital Music Plus), a Sony codec enhancer that reproduces detailed frequencies from compressed audio files.
- Front USB 1-Wire
Connect, charge, and control your iPod, iPhone, Walkman player or other compatible USB devices via the USB 1-Wire jack in the front of the unit. You can also view metadata like song title and artist on the front display.
- Intuitive Search Features
The Quick-BrowZer feature lets you search and select songs by category, including artist, album, genre, or playlist. Jump Mode gets you closer to the song you want by fast forwarding through the music categories in 10 percent increments.
- ZAPPIN track sampling search
The ZAPPIN feature lets users play music samples in 6, 9, or 30-second clips until you find the song you're looking for.
- Passenger Control
Passenger Control lets your co-pilot control the music playing from your iPod device via connected USB 1-Wire, and as they scan through your music, artist and album information is conveniently shown on the receiver display.
- Satellite/HD Radio ready
The Satellite and HD Radio ready feature lets users connect and control your optional Satellite and HD Radio tuners to the integrated Sony Bus system to receive broadcast signals, providing device control directly from the receiver's front panel.
- Advanced Sound Engine
The Advanced Sound Engine uses EQ7 equalizer, adjustable LPF/HPF crossovers, Listener Position calibration, DM+ advanced sound restoration, Rear Bass Enhancer, and Dynamic Loudness volume leveler to create an ideal in-car listening environment.
- RCA outputs for external amplifiers
When you're ready to expand your system, the CDX-GT550UI offers front and selectable rear or subwoofer pre-amp RCA outputs for external amplifiers. Set the built in electronic HPF/LPF crossovers to improve sound quality and reduce system distortion.
- Wireless card remote
Control your Xplod CD receiver while keeping your eyes on the road with the included wireless card remote (RM-X151).
- Blue or Green key illumination
Selectable Blue or Green key illumination helps complement the existing vehicle dash lighting so you locate buttons quickly during evening playback.
- Max power output: 52 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- Speaker Impedance: 4-8 Ohms
- Band: AM / FM
- Digital-to-Analog Converter: 24 bit
- Equalizer: EQ7: 7 band EQ,
+/- 6 dB at 63 Hz
+/- 6 dB at 160 Hz
+/- 6 dB at 400 Hz
+/- 6 dB at 1 kHz
+/- 6 dB at 2.5 kHz
+/- 6 dB at 6.3 kHz
+/- 6 dB at 16 kHz
- Format(s) Supported: MP3/WMA/AAC files1
- Frequency Response: CD: 10-20,000 Hz
- Preout Impedance: 220 ohms
- Preout Voltage: 2 volt
- S/N Ratio: Audio Power: CEA2006 S/N 80 dBA
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB): CD: 120 dB
- Station Preset(s): 18 FM / 12 AM
- Tuner Frequency Range:
FM:Tuner Frequency Range(MHz): 87.5-107.9
AM:Tuner Frequency Range(kHz): 530-1710
- Tuner Type: SSIR-EXA with RDS
- Wow and Flutter: Below measurable limit
- CD: CD, CD-R/RW
- Tilt Range: 0-45 degree mounting angle
- CD Text Display: CD/MP3/WMA/AAC data displayed
- Dimmer Adjust: Manual - on/off
- Key Illumination: Switchable: Blue / Green
- On-Screen Clock: 12H
- Display Color: Black color / Negative
- Technology: LCD
- Text Displayed: Source, artist, track, playback time, menu and clock
- Text Lines: 2 lines of information
- Color: Dark Titanium
- Disc Capacity: 1
Inputs and Outputs
- 12V Trigger Output(s):
Amplifier turn on
- Antenna Terminal(s): AM/FM Antenna Input Terminal
- Audio In:
Front Aux with variable level: -8dB ~ +18dB
Front USB input
Sony Bus terminals
- Digital Audio Input(s): Ability to use all forms of USB devices may vary as not all devices are compatible.
This unit can be connected to the following iPods. Update your iPod to the latest software before you use it.
iPod Nano 1st generation
iPod Nano 2nd generation (aluminum)
iPod Nano 3rd generation (video)
iPod 5th generation (video)
This unit is compliant with MSC (Mass Storage Class) and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) type USB devices compliant with the USB standard. This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB hub. If you have any questions or problems concerning your unit that are not covered in the owners manual, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
- Infrared Port: Wireless remote
- RCA Audio Output(s): Front and Rear/Sub selectable RCA pre-amp outputs
- Remote Jack: Optional wired remote input terminal
- USB Port(s): Front USB - Full Speed
- Current Drain: 3 - 5 amps
- Input Voltage: 12 V DC car battery (negative ground)
- Output Power: 52W x4 Watts Max Power - CEA2006 Standard Power Output: 17 Watts RMS per channel into 4 Ohms, 4 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than 1 percent THD+N.
- FM Usable Sensitivity: 10 dBf
- Frequency Response: FM: 20-15,000 Hz
- S/N Ratio: 70 dB (mono)
- Selectivity: 75 dB at 400 kHz
- Stereo Separation: 40 dB at 1 KHz
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 178 x 50 x 179mm
- Weight (Approx.): 1.3 kg (2 lb. 14 oz.)