This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product
Play your old cassettes, burned CDs or just listen to the radio with this CD radio cassette recorder featuring Mega Bass.
Enjoy full-function stereo sound
Stereo speakers housed in a bass-reflex design deliver an enjoyable listening experience.
Battery operated for portability
Enjoy your favorite music on the go, for up to 19 hours1 (6 size C, sold separately). For battery swaps that are a snap, the battery compartment quickly and easily clicks open and closed.
Enjoy FM/AM radio programming
A built-in digital FM/AM Stereo Tuner with 30 station preset memory (20 FM, 10 AM) lets you choose from a wide variety of radio, talk and music programming.
Enjoy convenient CD playback
Enjoy your favorite CDs or personally recorded CD-R and CD-RW discs, including those with MP3 files2.
Cassette playback and record
Playback your old mix tapes and record new ones with the built-in cassette deck.
Plays well with others
An auxiliary audio input lets you connect digital music players to the speaker dock for easy access to your music (cable not included).
Bass boost circuitry enhances low-frequency bass performance at the touch of a button.
Comes equipped with everything you need
Complete with headphone jack and AC power cable, the CFD-S50 is ready to go when you are?
- Tape Operation : Single Stereo Cassette (fast winding) Approx. 150 sec. with Sony C-60 cassette
- Tuner Type : Digital
- Frequency Response : CD: 20-20000 Hz (+1/-2dB) Cassette: Type I (normal), 80-10000 Hz
- Tape System : 4 Track, 2 Channel, Stereo
- Audio Format(s) Supported : CD-R/RW Playback Compatibility (1)
- Tape Cassette : Player, Cassette Recorder
- Radio : FM, AM
- Type of Use : Portable Boombox
- Tray Type : Flat Loading, Single CD
- Disc Capacity : 1
- Display : LCD
- Inputs and Outputs
- Input(s) : Audio in Jack (stereo mini jack)
- Output(s) : Headphone Jack (stereo mini jack), for 16-32 Ohm impedence headphones
- Battery Type : 9 V DC (6 R14 (Size C) batteries)
- AC Power : 120 V AC 60 Hz (AC power supply)
- Battery Life (Approx) : CD Playback*: Approx. 8 hours (At a volume level of around 24); FM
- Recording*: Approx. 19 hours; Tape Playback*: Approx. 13 hours (At a volume level of around 24); * - When using Sony alkaline batteries.
- Power Handling Capacity : With 4-ohm loads, both channels driven from 150-10000 Hz; rated 1.1 W per channel minimum RMS power, with no more than 10 percent total harmonic distortion in AC operation.
- Power Consumption (in Operation) : AC 12 Watts (approx. 0.8 W in power saving mode)
- Output Power : 3.4W Total (1.7W + 1.7W (at 4 ohms, 10% harmonic distortion))
- Speaker System : Full-range, Stereo
- Speaker Dimensions : 3 1/4 in. (8 cm), 4 Ohm cone type (x2)
- Sound Enhancer : MEGA BASS
- CD Play Mode(s) : Normal, Single repeat, All repeat, Selected folder play, Selected folder repeat play, Shuffle play, Program play, Program repeat play
TAPE Deck General
- CD Syncro Recording : Synchronized CD/Cassette Dubbing
- Preset Channel : 30 presets total (20 FM, 10 AM)
Tuner Audio Features
- External Antenna : FM: Telescopic Antenna; AM: Built-in Ferrite Bar Antenna
- Band : FM: 87.5-108.0MHz; AM: 530-1710kHz
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 12 5/8 x 5 1/2 x 8 5/8 in. (320 x 139 x 219 mm w/h/d)
- Weight (Approx.) : 4 lb 6 oz (2.0 kg)
(1).Actual performance varies based on settings, environmental conditions, and usage.
(2).Playback may not be compatible with all files, depending upon recording conditions.