This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example: the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc). Returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective.
Recording is easy with the PC compatible ICD-PX440 digital voice recorder. With Voice Operated Recording, it starts and stops automatically with your voice. Up to 1000 hours of recording time plus Micro SD expansion slot for more time, you'll never miss a class or those random thoughts or ideas.
- Built-in 4 GB flash memory (1)
- Up to 1,073 Hours of maximum recording time (2)
- Stereo Microphone for 75 - 15 kHz audio response
- USB Direct-PC & Mac compatibility (3)
- Memory Card Expansion Slot (microSD/SD HC/M2)
- Ease of use with Scene Select and Calendar Search
- Intelligent Noise Cut for noise-free recordings
- A-B Repeat perfect for playback convenience
- Track Mark function to locate important recording segments
- Add/Overwrite function for fast and easy editing on the go
- AAA batteries for up to 96 Hours of battery life (recording) (2)
All around recording
- Introducing the ideal digital voice recorder for business, school, and personal recording, delivering Sony's legendary ease of use with superior recording and audio playback capability.
Built-in 4 GB flash memory (1)
- 4 GB of available internal flash memory provides ample space for recording life's important moments-up to 1,073 hours in fact.
- Capture every nuance, distant or low volume, with great clarity via a 2-element stereo microphone array.
USB-Direct PC and Mac compatibility
- Transfer files quickly without searching for a USB connection cable. With direct connect, simply connect the recorder to a PC or Mac USB input. (3)
Memory Card Expansion Slot
- A built-in Memory Card Expansion Slot (microSD/SD HC/M2) allows for additional recording time via removable flash memory. It can also be used to transfer recordings to a computer.
- Select a pre-determined recording mode with the push of a button. Automatically the unit will optimize settings to one of several recording settings: notes, lectures, music etc.
Intelligent Noise Cut
- Intelligent Noise Cut, a unique and innovative technology from Sony, significantly reduces ambient noise during recording for clearer playback.
- When activated, Low Cut filter helps reduce the effect of wind noise in your recordings.
- Mark the beginning and ending of a particular recorded passage for repeated playback over and over again-perfect for language learning.
- Finding an exact spot in your recording is a snap. Place up to 98 track marks in each recorded file which can be "jumped" to for playback.
- Did you forget a thought or mis-speak? With Add/Overwrite capability, adding to or overwriting recordings during playback is quick and easy.
- Two AAA batteries delivers up to 96 hours of recording time so you will never miss a beat. (2)
- Audio Format(s) Supported:
- Recording - MP3 files: Bit Rate: 8 kbps - 192 kbps, VBR File Extension: .mp3
- Playback - MP3
- Microphone: Built-in, unidirectional microphone
- Recording System: Digital, Stereo Recording
- Microphone Sensitivity Feature: Yes (Hi/Lo)
- Recording Features: 4 Modes: SHQ (44.1kHz, 192kbps): Super High- Quality monaural mode HQ (44.1kHz, 128kbps): High-Quality monaural mode SP (44.1kHz, 48kbps (Mono)): Standard Play monaural mode LP (11.025kHz, 8kbps (Mono)): Long Play monaural mode
- Message Folder(s): 5 Pre-Programmed at factory (400 Maximum)
199 Maximum files per folder
4074 Maximum files
- Erase/Protect: Yes
- Message Folder(s): Yes (400 Folders maximum)
- Safety Lock: Hold Function
- Search Features: Cue/Review, Easy Search, Track Mark, Calendar Search
- Recording Media: Built-In Flash Memory 4 GB (3)
- Up to 32GB Memory Card Expansion Slot (microSD/SD HC/M2)
- Recording and Playback Times:
- SHQ - MP3 (192 kbps): 44 hrs 40 min; Max 57 hrs battery life
- HQ - MP3 (128 kbps): 67 hrs 5 min; Max 57 hrs battery life
- SP - MP3 (48 kbps MONO): Max 178 hrs; Max 72 hrs
- LP - MP3 (8 kbps MONO): Max 1073 hrs; Max 96 hrs
- Type of Use: Ultra Portable Voice Recorder
Inputs and Outputs
- Headphone Output(s): 1 (Minijack, Stereo)
- Microphone Input: 1 (Minijack, Stereo)
- USB Port(s): 1 (Mini-B jack), High-Speed USB Compatible
- Memory Size: 4 GB = 4,294,967,296 bytes Available: 3.6 GB (3,865,470,566 bytes)
- Battery Life (Approx): Up to 96 hours
- Battery Type: Alkaline "AAA" x 2
- Output Power: 300 mW
- Power Requirements: Two LR03 (size AAA) alkaline batteries: 3.0 V DC
- Operating System Compatibility: Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1 or higher, Windows Vista SP 2 or higher, Windows XP SP3 or higher; Mac OS X (v10.3.9-v10.8), pre-installed
- Supplied Software: Application Software, Sound Organizer (On unit) compatible with: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista SP 2 or higher, Windows XP SP3 or higher
- Frequency Range: SHQ (MP3 192k): 75 - 20,000 Hz HQ (MP3 128k): 75 - 17,000 Hz SP (MP3 48k (Mono)): 75 - 14,000 Hz LP (MP3 8k (Mono)): 75 - 3,500 Hz
- Speaker Dimensions: Approx. 1 1/8 in. (28 mm) diameter
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx) Depth: 0.76" (19.3 mm)
- Dimensions (Approx) Height: 4.46" (113.2 mm)
- Dimensions (Approx) Width: 1.46" (37.2 mm)
- Dimensions (Approx.): Approx. 1.5 x 4.5 x 0.84 in. (37.2 x 113.2 x 19.3 mm) not including projecting parts and controls
- Weight (Approx.): 2.65 oz. (75 g) Including two LR03 alkaline batteries
(1) 1 GB equals 1073741824 bytes, a portion of which is used for data management functions. Actual storage capacity may vary based on product settings, usage patterns, operating environment and battery condition.
(2) Actual battery life will vary based on network, product settings, usage patterns, battery, and environmental conditions.
(3) 64 Bit Windows Vista compatible with optional DVE 3.2.