- Digital Surround Sound
SONY-exclusive VPT (Virtualphones Technology) circuitry gives movies impact along with an immersive 7.1ch surround sound experience.
The MDR-DS6500 is compatible with a wide variety of audio formats:Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Surround EX, DTS, DTS-ES Matrix, and DTS-ES to name a few.
- Differences in details
40mm drivers deliver deeper bass and audio clarity for a superior home entertainment experience.
- CD quality sound
Digital wireless transmission provides quality indoor transmission. (Up to apprximately 328 ft)?
- Approximate 20 hour battery life with fast recharge function
- Audio Modes: Dolby Digital Dolby Pro Logic IIx DTS DTS ES
- Distortion: 1 percent or less (1 kHz)
- Driver Unit: 40 mm
- Effective Range: Approximately 328 feet (100 m) maximum?
- Format(s) Supported: Compatible with Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Surround EX, DTS, DTS-ES Matrix, and DTS-ES discrete
- Frequency Response: 12 - 22,000Hz (digital input)
- Sound Enhancer: Off, Voice (stereo), Game, Cinema, Compression (Off/On)
- Transmitter: 2.4 gHz: 2.408 GHz ? 2.473 GHz; MSK Modulation
- Tuning: Auto Tuning on headphones
- Volume Control: Yes (Rotary)
- Design: Over-the-head, Home-Surround Sound
- Headband: Wide, Double, Adjustable
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Plug: Nickel, stereo mini plug
- Power On/Off: Power button turns unit ON/OFF; Green LED illuminates
- Type of Use: Home
Communication: Wireless Digital 2.4GHz Radio Frequency
Headphone Type: Closed, Dynamic
Inputs and Outputs
Audio In: Optical Digital Input (x1), Analog Stereo Input mini jack (x1)
Operating Temperature: 41 - 95 degees F (5 - 35 degrees C)
- Battery Charging (Approx): Approximately 3 hours
- Battery Indicator: Power-on LED indicator
- Battery Life (Approx): Approximately 20 hours
- Battery Type: Built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery
- Input Power: AC Power Adaptor (6V, 800mA)
- Power Requirements: Rechargeable, built-in Lithium-Ion battery (supplied)
Weights and Measurements
- Cord Length (Approx.): 59 1/8 in. (1.5 m) Optical digital connecting cable
- Dimensions (Approx.): Transmitter: 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 x 10 3/8 in. (120 x 120 x 263 mm)
- Weight (Approx.): Headphones: Approximately 11.3 oz. (320 grams) Including supplied battery Processor: Approximately 14.8 oz. (420 grams)