- MP3/WMA playback
Multi-format playback lets you play CDs, CD-Rs, or CD-RWs loaded with hundreds of MP3 or WMA songs.
- Detachable Face with Front Aux In
The 1-line 13 segment LCD display makes it easy to read song information and the front auxiliary input lets you connect almost any portable audio device to your car's sound system.
- Superior Bluetooth audio quality
The MEX-BT3800 features Bluetooth hands-free and audio streaming functionality that gives you exceptional sound quality.
- Multiple Bluetooth profile support
The MEX-BT3800U includes HFP, A2DP, and AVRCP Bluetooth profile support so you can sync your car stereo with your Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- USB5 1-Wire for Digital Music Players
USB5 1-Wire for iPod products, iPhone, and other USB DMPs lets you directly connect, charge, and control your digital music player via the USB jack in the front of the unit, as well as view metadata like song title and artist on the front display.
- Quick-BrowZer with Jump Mode feature
Search and select songs by category, including artist, album, genre, or playlist. Jump Mode allows you to fast forward through a music category in 10 percent increments.
- Zappin function
Use Zappin function to play 6, 9, or 30-second music clips until you find the song you want.
- Passenger Control
Passenger Control lets your co-pilot control the music playing from your iPod device via connected USB 1-Wire, and as they scan through your music, artist and album information is conveniently shown on the receiver display.
- Satellite Radio / HD Radio ready
The MEX-BT3800U integrates seamlessly with Satellite Radio3 and Sony HD Radio tuners via Sony Bus adapters (sold separately).
- EQ3 and 52 Watts x 4 High Power
The MEX-BT3800U delivers 52 watts of peak power to all four speakers and EQ3 stage 2 lets you adjust the mix for a dynamic sound experience.
- Selectable Pre-outs with LPF/HPF
Built-in Front, Rear, andSub selectable LPF/HPF (Low Pass Filter/High Pass Filter) functionality gives you the power to customize the sound output to your external amplifiers and other components
- Radio Data System
Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- Wireless Card Remote included
The included Wireless Card Remote (RM-X304) lets you control the basic functions of your Sony Xplod system while keeping your eyes on the road.
- Key illumination
Illuminated keys help you find and select control functions in low light and complement the MEX-BT3800U's backlit display.
- Max power output: 52 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- Speaker Impedance: 4-8 Ohms
- Band: AM / FM
- Digital-to-Analog Converter: 24bit
- Format(s) Supported: CD, CD-R / CD-RW (MP3/WMA/AAC files)
- Frequency Response: CD: 10-20,000 Hz
- Preout Impedance: 220 ohms
- Preout Voltage: 2 volt
- S/N Ratio: Audio Power: CEA2006 S/N 80 dBA
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB): CD: 120 dB
- Station Preset(s): 18 FM / 12 AM
- Tone Control(s): Low +/- 10 dB at 60 Hz Mid +/- 10 dB at 1 kHz High +/- 10dB at 10 kHz
- Tuner Frequency Range: FM:Tuner Frequency Range(MHz): 87.5-107.9, AM:Tuner Frequency Range(kHz): 530-1710
- Tuner Type: SSIR-EXA with RDS
- Volume Control: Tel/Nav Attenuation Circuitry
- Wow and Flutter: Below measurable limit
- CD: Yes (CD-R/RW)
- Tilt Range: 45 degree
- CD Text Display: CD and MP3 / WMA data displayed
- Dimmer Adjust: Selectable on/off
- Key Illumination: Blue
- On-Screen Clock: 12H
- Display Color: Black color / Negative
- Technology: LCD
- Text Displayed: Source, artist, track, playback time, menu and clock
- Text Lines: 1 line
- Color: Piano Black
- Disc Capacity: 1
Inputs and Outputs
- 12V Trigger Output(s): Power antenna Amplifier turn on
- Antenna Terminal(s): Aerial Input Terminal
- Audio In: Front Aux input with variable level: -8dB ~ +18dB Front USB input Sony Bus audio/controll terminal
- Digital Audio Input(s): Ability to use all forms of USB devices may vary as not all devices are compatible. This unit can be connected to the following iPods. Update your iPod to the latest software before you use it.
-iPod Nano 1st generation
-iPod Nano 2nd generation (aluminum)
-iPod Nano 3rd generation (video)
-iPod 5th generation (video)
When you connect iPod Nano 1st generation or iPod 5th generation, Passenger Control is not available. This unit is compliant with MSC (Mass Storage Class) and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) type USB devices compliant with the USB standard. This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB hub. If you have any questions or problems concerning your unit that are not covered in this manual, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
- Infrared Port: Wireless remote
- RCA Audio Output(s): Front, Rear, and Subwoofer RCA pre-amp outputs
- Remote Jack: Optional Wired Remote input
- USB Port(s): Front USB - Full Speed
- Current Drain: 3 - 5 amps
- Input Power: 12 V DC car battery (negative ground (earth))
- Input Voltage: 12 V DC car battery (negative ground)
- Output Power: 52W x4 High Power - 17 watts per channel minimum continuous average power into 4 Ohms, 4 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more than 5 percent total harmonic distortion.
- Power Consumption (in Operation): 45w
- FM Usable Sensitivity: 10 dBf
- Frequency Response: FM: 20-15,000 Hz
- S/N Ratio: 70 dB (mono)
- Selectivity: 75 dB at 400 kHz
- Stereo Separation: 40 dB at 1 KHz
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 178 x 50 x 179mm
- Weight (Approx.): 1.2Kg
- Compatible Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile) HFP (Handsfree Profile) 1.5 HSP (Headset Profile)
- Frequency Band: 2.4 GHz band (2.400 - 2.4835 GHz)
- Maximum Range: Line of sight approx. 10M (33ft)
- Modulation Method: FHSS
- Output: Bluetooth Standard Power Class2 (Max. +4 dBm)
- Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth Standard version 2.0