Using their expertise in the world of video technology, Sony has created the remarkable RDR-VX500. Now get that famous Sony picture quality in a single unit that combines DVD recording and playback plus VHS videotaping!
Sony makes it so easy to record to your choice of non-erasable, write-once DVD-R/+R discs (great for making permanent copies of home movies) or rewritable DVD-RW/+RW discs, and VHS videotapes. With auto clock set and tuning, the VX500 is simple to set up and ready to use in a snap. VCR Plus+ makes it super-convenient to do timer recording and save your favorite shows to disc or tape.
Other conveniences include front-panel A/V jacks and an i.LINK (IEEE 1394) input for trouble-free digital dubbing. Just plug in your camcorder and you'll be making vivid DVD copies of your home movies in no time. You get easy two-way internal recording, too. One push of a button lets you transfer from non-copy protected VHS tapes to DVD or from home-burned DVDs to VHS tape.
The Sony RDR-VX500 can record video and audio to blank DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW, as well as VHS video cassettes. The unit has a front panel DV input jack (also referred to as iLINK or IEEE1394) for dubbing from Mini DV and Digital 8 camcorders. Two line inputs (one on the rear and one on the front) allow you to record from several sources. The built-in TV tuner and VCR Plus+ let you program your DVD or VHS recorder to catch your favorite TV shows. Although you can dub from DVD to VHS or from VHS to DVD, you cannot record from copyrighted materials.
Sony takes good care of your videotape collection, too! Their precision tape drive delivers sharp, clear pictures, even in the extended play (EP) mode. And with Flash Rewind, your rental tapes will be ready to go back to the video store in about 60 seconds!
Features & Specifications:
- Records to DVD-R & DVD-RW, DVD+R & DVD+RW
- Plays DVD-Video, DVD-R & DVD-RW, DVD+R & DVD+RW, and Video CD
- Plays CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and MP3-encoded CD-R & CD-RW
- Plays digital photo CDs (JPEG)
- Selectable progressive-scan mode for smoother video with HD-compatible TVs (via the component video output)
- 6 DVD recording quality/time settings (for recording from to 6 hours on a single disc)
- Front-panel i.LINK (IEEE 1394) input (for use with a digital camcorder)
- Optical and coaxial digital outputs for Dolby Digital/DTS/PCM
- 2 sets of A/V inputs (composite & S-video)
- 1 set of A/V outputs (composite, S-video and 480i/480p component video)
- HiFi stereo with MTS decoding
- 4 video heads
- Two VHS recording settings: 2-hr. SP and 6-hr. EP (with a T-120 tape)
- Auto Tape Speed function
- 181-channel tuner
- Program timer with VCR Plus+
- Remote control (multibrand for TVs)
- RF in/out
- Dimensions: 16-15/16"W x 3-3/8"H x 14-3/16"D
- Warranty: 1 year