The powerful, portable and durable VAIO SR notebook features a magnesium alloy casing, new Intel Centrino 2 processor technology, long battery life and a 13.3inch6 LED backlit widescreen display with XBRITE-ECO LCD technology. Customize your SR notebook with completely different on-screen 'personalities' for home, work and play using the ingenious new 'Switch' mode.
Powerful PC Performance :
- Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 processor (2.26GHz ) with Intel Centrino 2 processor technology - the latest chipset from Intel.
- The VAIO SR notebook comes pre-installed with Genuine Microsoft Windows Vista Business with Service Pack 1.
- Thin, lightweight and durable magnesium alloy chassis weighs just over 4 pounds (with standard battery).
- Built-in Wireless-N technology offers a boost in wireless connection speed and range
- Store your important documents, team projects and cherished family photographs on the roomy 250GB2 Serial ATA hard disk drive.
Serious Security :
- A built-in biometric fingerprint scanner makes authentication and secure access quick and easy - you only need your fingerprint.
- An integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) TCG Ver.1.2 compliant chip enhances security by allowing you to control access on a specific client/user basis.
- G-Sensor Shock Protection technology makes your data even less vulnerable to loss or damage. When the built-in 3D acceleration sensor detects a risky movement, the HDD-head will lock up to secure its position and help protect the disc from scratching.
'Switch' Your Perspective :
Separate your business workspace from your personal workspace. VAIO Switch mode keeps it organized and enables you to tailor your SR notebook to the way you use your computer. A set of buttons above the keyboard lets you set three distinct usage 'personalities', or modes, to your SR notebook.
The VAIO SR notebook features an innovative keyboard design with keys that are individually raised above a solid, one-piece piano-black bezel layer providing a quieter keyboard and more durable panel.
Whether it's for YouTube, a team project or for sharing with friends and family, editing digital video captured by your Sony Handycam is quick and easy with VAIO Movie Story software. You choose the supplied template and professional-looking cutaways, cross-fades and soundtrack syncing are automatically done for you.
- Back Light Technology: LED
- Resolution: 1280 x 800
- Screen Size: 13.3 inch
- Technology: WXGA
- XBRITE-ECO Technology: Yes
|Multimedia Card Reader ||: || |
- One Memory Stick Duo media slot with MagicGate functionality
- One ExpressCard /34 slot
- One Secure Digital (SD memory card) media slot
- Action Buttons: Switch Mode, WLAN/Bluetooth on/off
- Computer Type: Notebook
- Pointing Device: Electro-Static touch pad
- Security: Biometric Fingerprint Sensor
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) TCG Ver.1.2 compliant
- Type of Use: Ultra-portable
- Chipset:Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset
- Processor:Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD with Intel Clear Video Technology
- Total Available Graphics Memory: 820MB (max.)
- Capacity: 250GB
- Impact Protection G-Sensor Shock Protection - Hard Disk Drive Protection
- Interface: Serial ATA
- Speed: 5400rpm
- Camera: Built-in 1.3 megapixel MOTION EYE camera and microphone
Keyboard: QWERTY, 82 keys with 2.0mm stroke and 19.05mm pitch
Inputs and Outputs
- DC-In: 1
- Ethernet Connection(s): 1
- Headphone Jack: 1
- Microphone Input: 1
- Modem Jack: 1
- USB Port(s): 2 (2.0 compliant)
- VGA Output(s): 1
- i.LINK Connection: 1 (4pin) i.LINK connector (IEEE 1394)
- Installed: 2GB PC2-6400 (2GBx1)
- Maximum: 4GB
- Speed: 800MHz
- Type: DDR2 SDRAM
- Bluetooth Technology: Integrated Stereo A2DP Bluetooth Technology
- Ethernet Protocol: 10Base-T/100Base-TX
- Ethernet Speed: Fast Ethernet (RJ-45)
- Modem Type: Integrated V.92/V.90 Modem (RJ-11)
- Wireless LAN: Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN (802.11a/b/g/n)
Optical Drive #1
- CD Read: 24x max
- CD-R Write: 24x max
- CD-RW Write: 16x max
- DVD Read: 8x max
- DVD+R DL Write: 4x max
- DVD+R Write: 8x max
- DVD+RW Write: 8x max
- DVD-R DL Write: 4x max
- DVD-R Write: 8x max
- DVD-RAM Read: 5x max
- DVD-RAM Write: 5x max
- DVD-RW Write: 6x max
- DVD?RW: Yes (DVD+/-R DL/DVD+/-RW/RAM)
- Battery Type: Standard Capacity Lithium-ion Battery (VGP-BPS13A/B)
Estimated Battery Life: 2.5 to 6.0 hours Standard Capacity Battery, 3.5 to 9.0 hours Large Capacity Battery
- Power Requirements 100W + 10 percent
- Front Side Bus Speed: 1066MHz
- L2 Cache: 3MB
- Speed: 2.26GHz
- Technology: Intel Centrino 2 processor technology
- Type: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P8400
Regulation and Standard Compliance
| || ||4.0|
Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty Term: 1 year limited warranty. See actual warranty for details.
- Online and Email Support: Support available from esupport.sony.com/EN/VAIO
- Telephone Support: 1 year toll-free technical telephone assistance, available 24/7
- Anti-Virus and Recovery Software: Microsoft Windows Live OneCare Trial Version
- Internet Services: AOL 90-Day Risk Free Trial - New Users Only
- Operating System: Genuine Microsoft Windows Vista Business with SP1/XP downgrade
- Supplied Software: Microsoft Works SE 9.0 w/ 60-Day Trial Version of Microsoft Office Small Business 2007, The VAIO Software Experience VAIO Startup Assistant, Click to Disc Editor - Import, Edit, Burn
VAIO Movie Story - Simple Movie Creation, VAIO MusicBox - Music by Mood, VAIO Media plus - Multimedia Streaming Software
- *Please access VAIO Help and Support from your PC for a complete list of software applications and trials.
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 12.4 inch (W) x 0.99-1.33 inch (H) x 9.2 inch(D)
- Weight (Approx.): 4.14 lbs (with standard battery)
- EPEAT: Meets EPEAT Silver rating
- RoHS Compliant
- For more information: sony.com/vaioeco