A charge controller is a very important feature of a solar system and must be used on all systems over 15 Watts. A charge controller protects your batteries from overcharge and discharge. Charge controllers are the maintenance free protection of your solar panel and batteries. Connecting a solar panel to a battery without a regulator seriously risks damaging the battery and potentially causing a safety concern.
- Protects battery from overcharge and discharge
- For use with 12 Volt solar panels and batteries only
- Handles up to 7 amps of array current
- Handles up to 105 watts of solar power
- Maintains 12V batteries in a fully charged state