The ADVC700 is a bi-directional analog/DV video converter that features Canopus PerfectSync technology to ensure impeccable conversion of every frame. A 19-inch breakout box with component video, composite, S-Video, and balanced and unbalanced audio I/O, the ADVC700 offers high-end features, including LTC input/output and RS-422 signal conversion for professional VTR control.
Perfect Signal Synchronization
In studio environments, frame accuracy is essential for precise offline/online editing. The ADVC700 delivers this accuracy through its use of PerfectSync technology. PerfectSync technology controls and synchronizes the transfer rate of FireWire (IEEE 1394) communication with an external reference signal. This process prevents skipped and duplicate frames and produces perfect frames during analog-to-DV conversion.
By contrast, many analog-to-DV converters adjust their output by skipping and/or duplicating frames to synchronize the DV signal to an external sync signal?s frame frequency. In these converters, there is no guarantee that all input frames will output to DV accurately without frame repetition and/or frame drops.
DV Signal Conversion For VTR Control
The ADVC700 converts DV device control signals to RS-422 signals for external VTR control. Such control makes it possible to take in data from professional VTRs, such as Digital Betacam decks, through any standard DV editing software that features DV device control.
- Connects broadcast video equipment to FireWire (IEEE 1394)-equipped computers for video editing
- Converts common broadcast digital and analog video and audio formats
- Rack-mount capable
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating system-based DV editing systems
- Compatible with leading editing and DVD authoring applications including Thomson Grass Valley EDIUS,Sony Vegas, Apple Final Cut Pro and iMovie, Avid Xpress DV, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Liquid, Ulead MediaStudio Pro, and Windows Movie Maker
- No drivers or software applications to install
- NTSC and PAL compatible