For the first time ever, 2.4 teraFLOPS of graphics horse power, 1600 stream processors and 2 GB of GDDR5 memory have been combined to create the fastest and most powerful graphics card available today.1
- Dual TeraScale graphics engines work in tandem to deliver blazing frame rates, putting the power of graphics 'supercomputing' in the hands of extreme gamers.
- 1600 stream processors and 230GB/sec of memory bandwidth provide the brute power needed to tackle the most intense 3D games, even those with artificial intelligence, physics operations and tessellation.
- Unparalleled anti-aliasing (AA) and anisotropic filtering delivers striking graphics with extraordinary realism so you can max out the settings of the most demanding next-generation games.
- Regardless of platform, these graphics cards delivers the power needed to blaze through games while dynamically conserving energy at idle or when demand is low.
- ATI CrossFireX technology with quad GPU support in dual mode offers superior scalability so you can take your game to new heights.
- Watch the latest Blu-ray and HD movies play with incredible fidelity and have the freedom to edit videos and convert video formats at lightning-fast speeds.2
Go Beyond HD Video
Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2)
UVD 2 frees up your CPU for the most processing-intensive content, including VC-1, H.264 and MPEG-2. Take full advantage of Blu-ray functionality with dual-stream, picture in picture (PIP) capabilities.
Accelerated Video Transcoding(AVT)
AVT allows you to convert videos to H.264 and MPEG-2 formats up to 19x faster than when using a just CPU.1 Full 1080p files can be converted to H.264 and MPEG-2 up to 1.8x faster than real-time1
Upscale Beyond 1080p
Watch the hottest Blu-ray movies or other HD content at full 1080p display resolution and beyond.2
Enhanced DVD Upscaling
Watch standard DVD movies in near high-definition quality with DVD upscaling. The GPU uses post processing algorithms to enhance standard and low resolution videos and movies on your HD display.
Dynamic Contrast automatically adjusts the contrast and brightness during scenes to consistently deliver a crisp, vibrant picture.
Enjoy the latest audio technologies using HDMI with 7.1 digital surround sound support. Also, HDMI with xvYCC support allows the user to enjoy a wider range of color when connected to a capable HDTV.
- Powered by ATI Radeon HD4870 x2
- 2 GB of GDDR5 memory
- 2.4 teraFLOPS of GPU power
- DirectX 10.1
- 1600 stream processing units
- 2 x 256-bit memory interface
- 24x custom filter anti-aliasing (CFAA) and high performance anisotropic filtering
- Dual mode ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU support for highly scalable performance
- PCI Express 2.0 support
- Dynamic geometry acceleration
- Game physics processing capability
- ATI Avivo HD video and display technology: Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2), for Blu-ray and HD Video, Accelerated Video Transcoding(AVT), DVD Upscaling, Dynamic Contrast, Built-in HDMI with 7.1 surround sound support
- Dynamic power management with ATI PowerPlay technology3
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista (all versions)
- Windows XP
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- ATI Radeon HD 4870x2 graphics card
- ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect
- DVI to HDMI adapter
- DVI to VGA adapter
- HDTV Component out adapter
- Set-up CD
- PCI Express based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 650 Watt or greater power supply with one 2x3-pin PCIe power connector and one 2x4-pin PCIe power connector is required (1K Watt with two 2x3-pin and two 2x4-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode)1
- Certified power supplies are recommended.
- Minimum 1GB of system memory
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray / HD DVD playback requires Blu-ray / HD DVD drive
- For a complete ATI CrossFireX system, a second ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics card, an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per board (included) are required