Get to your creative look faster!
ColorChecker Passport Video is a powerful 'capture to edit' color solution for any filmmaker looking to save time, providing a consistent and predictable neutral starting point so you can get to your look faster than ever before. Take it with you on every video shoot - either indoor or outdoor. It will quickly become your go-to color tool during pre-production, capture and edit.
Include ColorChecker Video Passport in every shoot to make your video workflow faster, more consistent, more balanced and repeatable. You'll save time and money avoiding costly mistakes and frustrating color corrections after the fact. Best of all, you'll get to your creative look faster, which is ideal because we all know how much you love being in your creative place.
VIDEO COLOR TARGET
Specifically designed for today's video production workflow. The Video Color target includes four rows of color chips designed for video capture and editing, giving you a powerful chart to speed up color grading.
- Chromatic Colors: six chips specifically designed to align with the color axis on a vectorscope
- Skin Tones: ranging from light to dark with subtle undertones
- Linear Grayscale: six steps for even gray balance, including highlight and shadow regions
- Highlight and Shadow Grays: six black and white patches, including a high gloss black to capture the full range of your video camera
Enhanced for achieving ideal camera exposure for video production. The Grayscale target includes 3 rows of white, 40IRE gray, and high gloss black color chips. This target helps you:
- align the exposure and contrast of cameras you may be matching
- ensures that mid-tones, such as flesh tones, are rendered accurately
WHITE BALANCE TARGET
Starting with an accurate white balance ensures the colors you capture are true and provides a point of reference for post-shoot editing. The White Balance target is a spectrally flat target that provides a neutral reference point across mixed lighting conditions that you encounter during a video shoot. Since the target reflects light equally across the visible spectrum, creating an in-camera custom white balance can properly compensate for varying lighting.
With this color chart, you'll be able to:
- Eliminate color casts
- Improve the color preview on your camera's display so your histograms are more reliable
- Make post production color correction and editing faster and easier by eliminating the need to neutralize each frame individually
Why can't I use just any white object for white balancing?
White balancing on a piece of paper or other gray element in the scene may seem like a simple workaround, but most objects are not actually neutral under all lighting conditions; and they're certainly not consistent. An inaccurate white balance will result in color casts, and a lack of consistency between lighting conditions, making color corrections extremely time consuming.
This handy card will always be at your fingertips to facilitate center and edge focusing.
3rd PARTY SOFTWARE SUPPORT
ColorChecker Video is supported by the following 3rd party software solutions for improved color grading efficiencies:
- DaVinci Resolve
- Color Finale
- 3DLUT Creator
- Size: 4.92 x 3.54 x .35" (12.5 x 9 x .9 cm)
- Weight: 3 oz (80 grams)
- Humidity range: 85% or less, non-condensing
- Temperature range for normal use of the case: 32 - 104 degrees Fahrenheit / 0 - 40 degrees Celsius
- Video Color Target: Includes 6 chromatic color chips aligned with video production, 6 skin tones chips, 6 gray balance chips, and 6 highlights and shadow chips (including a high gloss black) to achieve the ideal color balance
- Grayscale Target: 3 steps include white highlight, 40 IRE midtone gray, and saturated high gloss black reference patches to achieve perfect exposure
- White Balance Target: Create custom in-camera white balance for a consistent neutral point, eliminating the need to color correct each frame later
- Focus Target: A chart facilitating center and edge focus
- Portable Protective Case: Adjusts to accommodate multiple positions so you can tailor the targets to any scene.