- Fujifilm X-Pro 2 Mirrorless Digital Camera Body - Black
- Fujifilm FUJINON XF35mmF2 R WR Lens - Black
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
A commitment to photographic creativity, developed from more than 80 years of film production
As a film manufacturer, Fujifilm has conducted exhaustive research into delivering photo quality results for more than 80 years. Without this experience, it would have been impossible to come up with the technical capability to reproduce colors and tones that emphasise the texture of the subject and deliver a three-dimensional look to images. The creative attributes of film that cannot be measured by resolution alone are alive and well in the FUJIFILM X-Pro2.
X-Trans CMOS III - The first model to feature a newly-developed sensor for outstanding image quality
The newly-developed 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor boasts the highest ever pixel count for an X-Series camera. Combined with an XF lens, it delivers images with a perceived resolution far greater than the number of pixels used. In addition, the phase detection pixels have been positioned over a larger area for a faster, more precise phase detection AF performance. High ISO sensitivity performance has also been improved to the point that the whole sensitivity range - up to the maximum ISO 12,800 (Extended output sensitivity up to 51,200) - can now be used with confidence.
X Processor Pro - New processing engine increases speed and image processing capabilities
Thanks to the newly-developed X-Processor Pro engine, processing speeds are now approximately four times faster than a conventional model. This maximizes the capabilities of the X-Trans CMOS III sensor to ensure it delivers the highest image quality with super-fast response times. In addition, thanks to the high-speed reading technology of the sensor, the conventional EVF's display speed of 54fps has been increased to a maximum of 85fps. This substantially reduces the image delay phenomenon when tracking a moving subject. Blackout time after release has also been reduced by approximately half and compressed RAW is supported, improving the ease-of-handling of RAW data.
The FUJIFILM X-Pro2 features a new CPU for high-speed processing. The Buffer memory has also been increased for an even faster response.
Using the knowledge gained from accurately reproducing color in film manufacturing, Film Simulation allows the user to change color and tone settings to match the subject, scene and creative intent, just as if shooting with a roll of film. There are a total of 15 modes including PROVIA / Standard, Velvia / Vivid and ASTIA / Soft.
The FUJIFILM X-Pro2 features the new ACROS Film Simulation mode. Its features include smoother gradation, deep blacks and beautiful textures. Ultra high-quality monochrome images are possible, adding extra creativity to the general monochrome mode.
The FUJIFILM X-Pro2 has the ability to reproduce graininess typically unique to film-based images. There are two strengths: Strong or Weak, which can be combined with each of the different Film Simulation modes. The effects are also possible through in-camera RAW development.
By using compressed RAW files, performance and functionality now meet the needs of professional photographers, including faster live view and even higher definition movies.
Advanced Hybrid Multi Viewfinder - Compose images in the viewfinder using one of three different viewing options
Photographers love looking through a viewfinder to take photos, which is why X-Series models have used finders from the very start. Combining the advantages of both an OVF and an EVF, Fujifilm has perfected the Advanced Hybrid Multi Viewfinder with three viewing options. Now you can return to the roots of photography with the only viewfinder of its kind in the world.
Simple & Highly functional. Advanced hybrid multi viewfinder.
The advanced hybrid multi viewfinder allows you to switch between optical and electronic options with a single lever. The new electronic rangefinder feature is selected in the same way.
Electronic Rangefinder (ERF) simultaneously displays a small EVF window in the optical viewfinder.
The EVF is simultaneously displayed as a small window in the optical viewfinder. It can be displayed in three different ways: 100% field of view, 2.5x magnification and 6x magnification. This allows the user to check focus, the angle-of-view, exposure and white balance in real-time, even when taking photos through the OVF. As it can also be used with MF assist, precise MF is possible in the OVF mode.
Brand new interface
A new sophisticated design is used for the finder display. Screen information is now even easier to see.
Diopter Adjustment - Advanced optical viewfinder system
The optical design of the viewfinder has been improved, moving the eye point from 14mm on the previous model to 16mm. A diopter correction dial is also included, which makes the viewfinder even more comfortable to use.
Depth of Field Preview
The Depth of Field Scale can be selected for film reference display in addition to conventional pixel reference. With film reference, photo viewing from printing becomes a prerequisite for depth display, allowing the user to use it in a sense of depth of field similar to film photos.
Focusing system combines fast and accurate AF with simple MF
Accentuate your subject. For photographers, focusing is an important job. Although AF now reacts faster than the human eye, the appeal and level of trust in MF will never disappear. Manually operating the focus ring to pick out a specific element in the frame is often crucial. Speed isn't always everything.
Focus Lever allows you to instantly change the focus area
The new Focus Lever on the back of the camera can be moved like a joystick in eight directions to instantly move the focus area. Now, rapid focus area changes can be made, even when composing an image. Not only is this available to move the AF point during AF mode, but it can also be used during MF mode to quickly move the enlarged display area when using MF assist.
Advanced MF Mode - Color Digital Split Image
The FUJIFILM X-Pro2 comes equipped with different types of MF assist including Digital Split Image, which is reminiscent of old rangefinders, and Focus Peaking where color is used to show the parts of the image that are in focus.
Color or monochrome can now be selected for Digital Split Image MF assist.
Phase Detection AF area expanded to 7x7
The number of selectable focusing points has been expanded from 49 on previous models to 77. Approximately 40% of the imaging area is now covered by fast, precise phase detection AF pixels, which means focusing speeds when photographing moving subjects have improved dramatically.
A body design that maximizes practicality
No photographer wants to take their eye from the viewfinder for fear of missing the perfect shot. With this in mind, key design aspects have been concentrated on the camera's right side. The major exposure settings are available on a dial for quick fingertip control. Changes can also be made while the camera is switched off, so users will always be ready for the next photo opportunity. Thanks to the simplicity of the FUJIFILM X-Pro2, you'll soon be creating masterpieces.
Exposure compensation dial in the C position
As it's used so frequently, exposure compensation has been made into a dual-purpose dial. Compensation up +/-3 stops in 1/3 steps is possible even with the camera to your eye thanks to the dial's knurled shape. But if the C position is selected, exposure compensation of up to +/-5 stops is possible using the front command dial.
One dial for both ISO and shutter speed
The shutter speed and ISO dials have now been combined into one dial, which is reminiscent of those found on old film cameras. Changing the ISO is done by lifting the outer portion of the dial. Now all exposure settings can be performed with dials.
Front Command Dial - For more comfortable handling
The FUJIFILM X-Pro2 features a new front command dial. It is used to set intermediate shutter speeds that are not available on the shutter speed dial when shooting in Manual or Shutter Speed Priority modes. It's also used to shift programmed exposure combinations when shooting in Program mode.
Great versatility - Highly customizable menus
A maximum of 16 frequently used items can be registered to the new My Menu feature. When combined with the 16 items from the Q Menu, a total of 32 shortcuts can be created.
Tough conditions are no longer to be feared. The FUJIFILM X-Pro2 can be relied upon to take a picture at any time in any conditions.
Reliability is one of the most important considerations when choosing a camera, so the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 needs to work at any moment, regardless of where you are and what type of scene you want to photograph. That's why the camera body is made from magnesium and features a dust-proof, splash-proof and freezeproof structure, along with a highly durable focal plane shutter and dual card slot.
Durable magnesium body
Coated in the same half-matte paint as the X-Pro1, the luxurious body of this new flagship model is made from highly robust magnesium alloy, which feels both solid and reliable in the hand. The dials are milled from aluminum and operate with a reassuring click. In addition, the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 has many prerequisites of a professional camera, including dust-resistance, water-resistance and the ability to work in low-temperatures thanks to the 61 weatherproof seals around the body. Shoot with confidence, no matter what the weather.
Dual SD Card Slots
The FUJIFILM X-Pro2 is the first mirrorless camera to offer dual SD card slots for highly reliable data storage. Slot 1 is compatible with UHS-II standards for excellent write speeds. One of three recording methods can be selected: sequential, backup and RAW / JPEG sorting.
1/8000 sec. Shutter Speed - Focal plane shutter with a maximum speed of 1/8000 sec.
The FUJIFILM X-Pro2 comes equipped with a focal plane shutter boasting a durability of 150,000 shots, a maximum speed of 1/8000 sec and a flash sync speed of 1/250sec. Furthermore, the camera also includes an electronic shutter with completely silent operation and a maximum speed of 1/32,000 sec, allowing users to select maximum apertures even in bright conditions.
Wide selection of Auto Bracketing functions
With a choice of 5 different auto bracketing functions (AE, ISO Sensitivity, Dynamic Range, Film Simulation and White Balance), you are ready to explore a whole world of photographic effects with just one press of the shutter.
White Balance Bracketing
Just fire the shutter once and capture the same scene at your selected white balance setting plus one frame at a warmer and another at a cooler color temperature. White Balance bracketing can be set in +/-1, +/-2 and +/-3 steps.
Dynamic Range Bracketing
Capture 3 exposures of the same scene with high-speed continuous shooting, each at a different dynamic range setting (100%, 200% & 400%).
Film Simulation BracketingJust press the shutter once and get three images of the scene based on a single exposure, each image with a different Film Simulation effect that you have selected.
One press of the shutter captures 3 shots of the same scene at different exposures. AE bracketing can be set in +/-2, +/-5/3, +/-4/3, +/-1, +/-2/3, +/-1/3 EV steps.
ISO Sensitivity Bracketing
Based on a single exposure, the scene is automatically reproduced as three images, each with a different ISO sensitivity, but without altering the shutter speed and aperture. This lets you capture the moment with varying degrees of brightness, but leaves depth-of-field and shutter effects unchanged. ISO Sensitivity Bracketing is possible in +/-1/3, +/-2/3 or +/-1 EV steps.
In-camera RAW Converter
The built-in RAW data converter lets you view results in the field without first transferring the data to a PC. This easy-to-use feature not only takes into account exposure compensation, white balance and other in-camera image quality settings, but also lets you apply Film Simulation modes in the converter mode.
Special FUJIFILM X-Pro2 RAW Conversion Software Included
For the management, viewing and conversion of RAW image data on your PC, you will find the special FUJIFILM X Series version of the powerful and easy-to-use RAW viewer and conversion software powered by SILKYPIX.
Focus with a Touch with the new smart application - FUJIFILM Camera Remote.
With the new dedicated "FUJIFILM Camera Remote" application, you can focus and trigger the camera release from your smartphone or tablet. The app not only lets you adjust focus, but also control settings like shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation and ISO sensitivity. You can even apply other settings like Film Simulation, self-timer, and flash while "Touch AF" lets you focus from your phone or tablet, too. Imagine all the situations where this smart assistant will come in handy! Take commemorative group photos with yourself in the shot, capture wildlife photos, or remotely release the shutter for night shots free from camera shake.The photographic possibilities are endless.
Share every moment via email and SNS with easy wireless transfer to your smartphone.
For easy wireless transfer of photos to your smartphone or tablet just download the free dedicated "FUJIFILM Camera Remote" application to your device. There's no need to enter an ID, password or to change other troublesome settings; with just a touch of a button, you can transfer your high-quality images to your phone or tablet ready to upload to your blog or social networking site.
Use your smartphone to browse and transfer photos and movies from your camera.
Using your smartphone or smart tablet, you can view the images stored in your camera, and then select and transfer the ones you want.
Transfer up to 2GB at one time.
You can select and transfer up to 2GB at a time to your smartphone and to make them even easier to send and use on your device, you can copy them in their existing photo size or choose the "3M compressed image option".
Send location data from your smartphone to you camera
Just download and install the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application in your smartphone and you can set up your camera to acquire location data from your smartphone and geotag your images - that way you'll remember exactly where they were shot.
Automatically transfer and save photos on your PC via Wi-Fi
Just turn on your PC and select PC AutoSave from the camera's menu for effortless wireless transfer and saving of your photos and movies to your home PC.
Install this Fujifilm app to enjoy photos on smartphone, tablet devices or PC.
Frame rates can be selected from 60fps, 50fps, 30fps, 25fps and 24fps for Full HD movies, supporting worldwide motion picture formats. It is also possible to change the settings of aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation while shooting a movie. Just as with still images, program, aperture priority, shutter priority and manual modes can be selected, as well as film simulation modes. Various expressions can be enjoyed such as a documentary style with CLASSIC CHROME.
The camera supports multiple exposure capture, which allows you to take two frames and combine them for an artistic effect. You can display the first shot on the LCD screen while framing and shooting the second for perfect alignment. Film Simulation effects also apply in this mode.
Create unique images by using one of eight Advanced Filters. Effects include Toy Camera for a retro look, Miniature for creating a diorama effect, and Pop Color for high contrast and saturation. You can preview the effect through the viewfinder or on the LCD screen.
- Model Name: FUJIFILM X-Pro2
- Number of Effective Pixels: 24.3 millions pixels
- Image Sensor: 23.6mm x 15.6mm(APS-C)X-Trans CMOS III with primary color filter
- Sensor Cleaning System: Ultra Sonic Vibration
- Storage Media: SD memory card (up to 2GB) / SDHC memory card (up to 32GB) / SDXC memory card (to 256GB), UHS-I/UHS-II (Only Slot 1)
- File Format Still Image: JPEG (Exif Ver.2.3), RAW : 14bit RAW (RAF original format), RAW+JPEG (Design rule for Camera File system compliant / DPOF-compatible)
- Movie File Format: MOD
- Movie Video Compression: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
- Audio: Linear PCM/ Stereo sound 48KHz sampling
- Number of Recorded Pixels L: (3:2) 6000 x 4000 / (16:9) 6000 x 3376 / (1:1) 4000 x 4000
- Number of Recorded Pixels M: (3:2) 4240 x 2832 / (16:9) 4240 x 2384 / (1:1) 2832 x 2832
- Number of Recorded Pixels S: (3:2) 3008 x 2000 / (16:9) 3008 x 1688 / (1:1) 2000 x 2000
- Lens Mount: FUJIFILM X mount
- Sensitivity: AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3(up to ISO12800) / ISO200 to 12800(1/3 step)(Standard Output Sensitivity)
- Extended Output Sensitivity: ISO100 / 25600 / 51200
- Exposure Control: TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average / Center Weighted
- Exposure Mode: P(Program AE) / A(Aperture Priority AE) / S(Shutter Speed Priority AE) / M(Manual Exposure)
- Exposure Compensation: -5.0EV - +5.0EV, 1/3EV step (movie recording : -2.0EV - +2.0EV)
- Image Stabilizer: Supported with OIS type lenses
- Shutter Speed Mechanical Shutter: 4 sec. to 1/8000 sec.(P mode), 30 sec. to 1/8000 sec.(All modes) Bulb mode(up to 60 min), TIME : 30 sec. to 1/8000 sec.
- Shutter Speed Electronic Shutter: 1 sec. to 1/32000 sec.(P / A / S / M modes) Bulb mode : 1 sec. fixed, TIME : 1 sec to 1/32000sec
- Shutter Speed Mechanical + Electronic Shutter: 4 sec. to 1/32000 sec.(P mode), 30 sec. to 1/32000 sec.(All modes) Bulb mode(up to 60 min), TIME : 30 sec. to 1/32000 sec.
- Shutter Speed Synchronized Shutter Speed for Flash: 1/250 sec. or slower
- Continuous Shooting: Approx. 8.0 fps(JPEG : 83 frames Lossless compression RAW : 33 frames Uncompressed RAW : 27 frames); Approx 3.0 fps(JPEG : endless Lossless Compression RAW : endless Uncompressed RAW : 36 frames)
- Auto Bracketing: AE Bracketing (+/-2EV / +/-5/3EV / +/-4/3EV / +/-1EV / +/-2/3EV / +/-1/3EV), Film simulation bracketing (Any 3 types of film simulation selectable), Dynamic Range Bracketing (100% ? 200% ? 400%), ISO sensitivity Bracketing (+/-1/3EV / +/-2/3EV / +/-1EV), White Balance Bracketing (+/-1 / +/-2 / +/-3)
- Focus Mode: Single AF / Continuous AF / MF
- Focus Type: Intelligent Hybrid AF (TTL contrast AF / TTL phase detection AF)
- Focus AF Frame Selection: Single point AF : EVF / LCD / OVF : 11x7/21x13(Changeable size of AF frame among 5 types), Zone AF : 3x3 / 5x5 / 7x7 from 77 areas on 11x 7 grid, Wide / Tracking AF : (up to 18 area)
- White Balance: Automatic Scene recognition / Custom 1 to 3 / Color temperature selection(2500K - 10000K) / Preset : Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light, Underwater
- Self-timer: 10 sec. / 2 sec. Delay
- Interval Timer Shooting: Yes (Setting : Interval, Number of shots, Startinng time)
- Flash Modes Red-eye Removal OFF: Auto / Forced Flash / Slow Synchro / Suppressed Flash / Rear-curtain Synchro / Commander
- Flash Modes Red-eye Removal ON: Red-eye Reduction Auto / Red-eye Reduction & Forced Flash / Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro / Suppressed Flash / Red-eye Reduction & Rear-curtain Synchro / Commander
- Hot Shoe: Yes (Dedicated TTL Flash compatible)
- Viewfinder OVF: Reverse Galilean viewfinder with electronic bright frame display, Coverage of frame area v.s. capturing area: approx.92% Magnifications approx x0.36 / x0.60
- Viewfinder EVF: 0.48-in TFT color viewfinder Approx 2.36 millions dots(4:3) Coverage of viewing area vs. capturing area : approx. 100%, Eyepoint : approx 16mm(from the rear end of the camera's eyepiece) Diopter adjustment : -4 to +2m-1, Magnification : 0.59x with 50 mm lens (35mm equivalent) at infinity and diopter set to -1.0m-1, Diagonal angle of view : approx 29.1?(Horizontal angle of view : approx 24.4 degrees)
Built-in eye sensor
- LCD Monitor: 3.0-inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx 1.62 millions dots
- Movie Recording Full HD: 1920x1080 60p / 50p / 30p / 25p / 24p up to 14 min.
- Movie Recording HD: 1280x720 60p / 50p / 30p / 25p / 24p up to 28 min
- Film Simulation Mode: 15 modes (PROVIA / Standard, Velvia / Vivid, ASTIA / Soft, CLASSIC CHROME, PRO Neg.Hi, PRO Neg.Std, Black& White, Black& White+Ye Filter, Black& White+R Filter, Black& White+GFilter, Sepia, ACROS, ACROS+Ye Filter, ACROS+R Filter, ACROS+G Filter)
- Dynamic Range Setting: AUTO, 100%, 200%, 400%, ISO restriction(DR100% : No limit, DR200% : ISO400 or more, DR400% : ISO800 or more )
- Advanced Filter: Toy camera / Miniature / Pop color / High-key / Low-key / Dynamic tone / Soft focus / Partial color (Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Purple)
- Wireless Transmitter Standard: IEEE 802.11b / g / n (standard wireless protocol)
- Wireless Transmitter Encryption: WEP / WPA / WPA2 mixed mode
- Wireless Transmitter Access Mode: Infrastructure
- Wireless Function: Geotagging, Wireless communication (Image transfer), View & Obtain Images, Remote camera shooting, PC Autosave, instax printer print
- Other Functions: Exif Print, PRINT Image Matching II, Language(35 languages including JP / EN), Time difference, exposure preview on LCD during Manual mode, EVF brightness, EVF color, LCD brightness, LCD color, Mode effect on monitor, Customize
- Terminal Digital Interface: USB 2.0 High-Speed / Micro USB
- Terminal HDMI Output: HDMI micro connector (Type D)
- Terminal Others: Microphone / shutter release input: ?2.5mm, stereo mini connector, Hot shoe, Syncronized terminal *Mechanical release S1 button
- Power Supply: NP-W126 Li-ion battery (included)
- Dimensions: 140.5mm (W) x 82.8mm (H) x 45.9mm (D) / 5.5in. (W) x 3.3in. (H) x 1.8in. (D) (Minimum depth: 34.8mm / 1.4 in.)
- Weight: Approx. 495g / 15.7 oz. (including battery and memory card) Approx. 445g / 17.5 oz. (excluding accessories, battery and memory card)
- Operating Temperature: -10 degrees C - 40 degrees C / +32 degrees F - +104 degrees F
- Operating Humidity: 10 - 80% (no condensation)
- Battery Life for Still Images: Approx. 250 / 350 frames (EVF / OVF, When XF35mmF1.4 R is set)
- Battery Life for Movies: single consecutive movie: approx. 110 min. (Face detection is set to OFF)
- Starting up Period: Approx 0.4sec.