HP Color LaserJet 3600 series printer (Q5987A)
Best of both worlds-get professional-quality color with HP Officejet inks, at up to 50% lower cost per page than laser printers. Share print, fax and copy functions with networking. Scan photos and documents direct to folders without a PC.
See results with vibrant color
- New HP ColorSphere Toner achieves high gloss for a dynamic range of bright, brilliant colors.
- You can count on your HP printer and HP supplies to deliver brilliant, bright color page after page.
- Create high-impact, professional-quality marketing materials with HP Marketing Assistant Software.
- Select Print and you'll see hassle-free, brilliant print quality that's delivered fast.
Small office color performance
- Your color and black-and-white pages print out fast, so you can get on with your work.
- The less you interact with your printer, the better. That's why HP offers expandable paper input.
- Save office space-this color laser for the workteam fits on the desktop.
- Fast, industry-leading networking allows for easy, efficient sharing of printing resources.
Color made easy
- Simplify printer maintenance with HP Smart Printing technology in HP supplies and the printer.
- Everything about this printer was designed for your ease of use.
- Simplify your printing experience with HP's familiar control panel and design.
- HP Easy Printer Care software-an easy to use printer management and supplies ordering tool.
|Print quality, black ||Up to 600 x 600 dpi|
|Print quality, color ||Up to 600 x 600 dpi|
|Resolution technology ||HP ImageREt 3600|
|Cartridges ||4 (1 each black, cyan, magenta, yellow)|
|Print speed, black (best quality mode) ||Up to 17 ppm|
|Print speed, black (normal quality mode) ||Up to 17 ppm|
|Print speed, color (best quality mode) ||Up to 17 ppm|
|Print speed, color (normal quality mode) ||Up to 17 ppm|
|First page out (black) ||As fast as 14 sec|
|First page out (color) ||As fast as 14 sec|
|Monthly duty cycle ||Up to 50000 pages|
|*Footnote for duty cycle |
|Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.|
|Recommended monthly print volume ||1000 to 3000 pages|
|*Footnote for recommended monthly print volume |
|HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.|
|Printer page yield ||View additional yield information|
|Paper tray(s), standard ||2|
|Paper tray(s), maximum ||3|
|Input capacity, standard ||Up to 350 sheets|
|Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper) ||3600dn: Automatic (standard)|
3600n: Manual (driver support provided)
|Media sizes, standard ||Letter, legal, 8.5 x 13 in, executive, envelopes (No. 10, Monarch)|
|Media sizes, custom |
|Multipurpose tray: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; 250-sheet and optional 500-sheet input trays: 5.8 x 8.3 to 8.5 x 14 in|
|Media types |
|Paper (bond, color, gloss, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough, tough), labels, envelopes, cardstock, user-defined, transparencies|
|Document finishing ||Sheetfed|
|Memory, standard |
|3600dn: 128 MB|
3600n: 64 MB
|Memory, maximum |
|3600dn: 128 MB|
3600n: 64 MB
|Processor speed ||360 MHz|
|Hard disk ||None|
|Print languages, standard ||HP JetReady 4.2 (for HP PostScript emulation printing, HP recommends the HP Color LaserJet 3800 series)|
|Connectivity, standard |
|Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 2.0 specifications), HP Jetdirect value-featured Fast Ethernet embedded print server|
|Connectivity, optional ||802.11b/g wireless LAN, other networking accessories (must be added via an external unit)|
|Minimum system requirements |
|PC: 133 MHz processor, 64 MB RAM (Windows 2000); 233 MHz processor, 64 MB RAM (Windows XP Home, XP Professional); 550 MHz processor, 128 MB RAM [Windows Server 2003 (standard edition)]; 220 MB available hard disk space; 1 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM (Windows Vista, check user guide for minimum hard drive space); 220 MB available hard disk space;CD-ROM drive or Internet connection; USB port|
Macintosh: Mac OS X v 10.1 or higher; 160 MB free hard disk space; USB 2.0 port; CD-ROM drive
|Compatible network operating systems|
|Macintosh compatible ||Yes|
|Compatible Operating Systems |
|Windows 2000; Windows XP Home; Windows XP Professional; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista(TM) Ready; Mac OS X v 10.2; Mac OS X v 10.3; Mac OS X v 10.4 or higher|
|Operating temperature (Fahrenheit) ||50 to 81? F|
|Dimensions, std. (W x D x H) |
|3600n: 15.7 x 20.07 x 15.7 in|
3600dn: 15.7 x 20.07 x 16.7 in
|Dimensions, max. (W x D x H) ||16.25 x 32.2 x 16.93 in|
|Weight, U.S. |
|3600n: 59.6 lb|
3600dn: 61.6 lb
|Warranty, standard ||One-year, next-day, onsite limited warranty|