new torn box
Blu-ray with a Difference
Blu-ray means incredible full-HD images, breathtaking sound and 5x the data capacity of DVDs. Now Blu-ray means something else too: an entirely new movie-viewing experience, made possible by Final Standard Profile, which adds features never seen before, like four Picture-in-Picture modes including Enhanced Commentary (from directors and actors), Backstage Pass, Peek Behind the Animation and Audio Mixing.
Images So Real, You Feel Like You're in the Picture
Combining a PHL Reference Chroma Processor with advanced P4HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing) imaging technology, UniPhier - the Precise Digital Video processor - reproduces crisp, natural colors that are extremely faithful to the original movie. It does this by up-sampling the color information in decoded video signals, while the super high-speed P4HD up-converts content recorded in 480i/p, 720p or 1080i format to 1080p by correctly generating each pixel according to information drawn from up to 60 surrounding pixels. The image motion of each pixel is then categorized into one of 16 levels, from stationary to super fast. Image quality is further enhanced by Diagonal Processing, which creates smooth, sharp diagonal lines, and 3:2 Pull-Down, which optimizes the processing accordingly for film or video making the images look natural and lifelike. In addition, the DMP-BD30's HDMI output is Deep Color compatible, with 4,096 steps of gradation for even smoother, finer-quality images that meet Hollywood's stringent demands, so you can experience movies just the way they were meant to be experienced.
Incredible Sound Completes the Hi-Def Experience
With Precise Digital Audio, Blu-ray's beautiful images are complemented by exceptionally pure, accurate sound thanks to Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD. UniPhier's advanced processing capability decodes these audio signals with high precision and outputs them in bitstream form with no degradation. It also brings re-mastering to Blu-ray for the first time, which compensates for data lost during the compression process creating a fuller, richer sound.
HD Networking with SD Card
The convenient SD card slot on the DMP-BD30 allows easy viewing of hi-def videos and photos on your HDTV. Videos shot with a Panasonic HD camcorder are output in their original 1920x1080 resolution, while still images taken with a Panasonic Lumix digital camera are up-converted and output in 1920x1080 resolution1.
One-Touch Control from Your TV's Remote
With EZ Sync HDAVI Control, you can control your Blu-ray Disc player - and all your home theater components - with your TV's remote. Simply press the EZ Sync button and select "BD Player" on the menu screen; the BD player's menu will be displayed and you can begin playback.
- Blu-ray playback: Blu-ray Disc is the next-generation format for high definition entertainment, with better sound and image quality than a normal DVD. Blu-ray delivers resolutions of 1080p, or two to five times sharper than ordinary DVD. Add the Blu-ray disc?s protective hard-resin coating, and you have a more durable viewing experience than you?ve ever had before.
- 1080p upscaling: With a compatible HDTV (one with 1080p capability), Blu-ray discs provide the best picture available. This Blu-ray player uses upscaling technology to boost ordinary DVDs to near-HD quality?even non-HD titles will look better than ever. You'll also get 24fps playback, which lets you watch your Blu-ray discs at a rate of 24 frames per second.
- Final Standard Profile : Panasonic's new technology is an advanced function that gives you options like picture-in-picture viewing, where you can view a second image in a sub-window while watching your DVD, as well as Audio Mixing, which lets you switch audio tracks between your two images.
- Multiple formats: This player not only plays Blu-ray discs, but DVD, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, CD, Video CD,and AVC-HD media. You can also listen to MP3 music files, and view JPEG image files on your connected television.
- SD card slot: Coupled with the AVCHD codec, this allows for images recorded on a high capacity SD HD card to be directly outputted in their original 1080p form. You can even play back JPEG stills, converted to an ideal 1920 x 1080 resolution.
- Dolby Digital: You'll experience the awesome sound of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, which both provide the highest quality 7.1 multi-channel sound possible by assigning a sound channel to a specific speaker in a proper home theater sound system. Movies come alive with sound as lifelike as the picture, and music becomes as real as a live performance, as you're surrounded with the audio.
- HDMI 1.3: The DMP-BD30 cranks HDMI up a notch, with HDMI 1.3, and also partners it with Deep Color Compatibility. In short, you'll get a step gradation of color from a more traditional 8-bit 256, all the way up to 12-bit 4,096 step gradation.
- Upconverts standard DVDs: You can also watch your traditional, standard format DVDs on this player...but in an upconverted high-definition form.