Add this unique remote-access storage system to your wired or wireless network and you?ll have a surprisingly simple and secure way to access and share data and photos at home, in the office, and anywhere in the world--even when your local computer is off. The included RAID software makes it easy for you to take advantage of RAID mirroring for extra data protection.
- WD Anywhere Access - This storage system and all the files on it are always accessible when you need them, even when your local computer is turned off.
- Easy to set up, easy to use - You?re up and running in a few simple steps. Wizard software steps you through RAID configuration and network setup is a breeze with our unique, powerful remote access software.
- Data OnHand - From any PC, use Windows Explorer to securely browse through folders on My Book World Edition. Open, edit and save files as though they are right there with you.
- Extra data protection with RAID 1 - For extra data protection, dedicate half the capacity for mirroring, and automatically and instantaneously back up data every time you save it.
- Extraordinary capacity - With up to 2 TBs of storage in an elegant, small footprint design, you have plenty of space to store an entire digital photo library, your HD movie collection and hours and hours of DV video.
- User serviceable - Easy access allows you to open the case and replace a drive. No need to send the entire system in for service.
- Gigabit Ethernet Connection - High-performance 1000/100/10 compatible Ethernet connection.
- EMC Retrospect Express backup software - Easy-to-use software for scheduled or on-demand file backup.
- UPnP enabled - Makes network configuration easy and convenient.
- Capacity gauge - See at a glance how much space is available on your storage system.
- Quiet and cool - An efficient convection cooling system and a thermostatically controlled fan keep this unit reliably cool and remarkably quiet.
Use This Product When You Want To
- Securely access and edit your files on any computer.
- Get files from home while at the office.
- Listen to the music on your My Book World Edition drive while you?re on vacation.
- Securely share photos with your friends anywhere in the world without uploading them to the web.
- Back up your laptop data to your home computer while you?re traveling.
- Offer your clients an easy way to access business documents, designs, and artwork. Eliminates the need for a separate FTP server.
- Back up critical files to a remote drive for the ultimate protection from loss.
- Simplify your home network and access data from any computer or external hard drive in the house.
- Automatically back up all your PCs to one central location.
- Gain peace of mind with a mirrored back up of important documents and images.
- Available 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet connection (network adapter, router, switch, or hub port)
- Broadband Internet connection
- 500 MB of available local hard drive space
- 512 MB RAM
- Pentium III class, 500 MHz or newer
- Windows 2000/XP Home/Pro
- Web browser (Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 1.0.3 or later)
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive