Based on the blockbuster online multiplayer war Battlefield franchise, EA and developer Digital Illusions are taking the battle to another realm with a modern-war era edition somewhat similar to Battlefield 2 for PCs but developed exclusively for console gamers. Players from the United States, China and the Middle East Coalition will all be represented in harrowing 24-player battles. Command tanks, choppers and any other of more than 30 military vehicles, and make use of more than 70 kinds of weapons (including heat-seaking missles, laser designated bombs and other modern military hardware.)
- An all-new story-driven single-player mode drops players deep into an action-packed war obscured by government sponsored propaganda, forcing you to choose sides and decide the outcome.
- Engage in online multiplayer action for up to 24 players on more than a dozen maps.
- The revolutionary new HotSwap feature in single player mode gives you instant tactical control. Pull every trigger on the battlefield to lead your army to victory.
- Clan support, VOIP, and a deep stat-tracking system help round out one of the deepest online console shooters to date.
- Take control of more than 30 land, sea, and air vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, and amphibious craft, and master more than 50 state-of-the-art weapons.
- Put on the uniform of one of four armies, each with their own unique arsenals and soldier classes including Sniper, Special Ops, Combat Engineer, and more.
- Complete each unit's unique Battlefield Moment to earn Battlefield Points and unlock rewards, including upgrades and promotions.