The AMD Ryzen Threadripper processor is designed to provide incredible multi-processing power on the X399 ultimate platform for desktop.
8 cores provide 16 threads of serious multi-processing power; while 20MB of combined cache and vast I/O from the enthusiast-grade AMD X399 platform stand ready to feed the beast.
Follow the Threads
Unrestrained performance. Overwhelming power.
Unlock the Power
Explore the packaging of the new AMD Ryzen Threadripper processor.
AMD Ryzen Threadripper - Installation Guidance
Step by step video to learn how to successfully install your new Ryzen Threadripper Processor.
Exceptional processors deserve exceptional cooling
Thermal solutions for Ryzen Threadripper processors from our partners
AMD SenseMI Technology
Technology that thinks; featuring a true Neural Network.
AMD Ryzen VR-Ready Premium
For the best possible VR experiences; AMD offers select Ryzen VR-Ready Premium processors.
Pure. Virtualized. Graphics.
- 8 cores and 16 threads for lightning-fast creative workloads
- An unprecedented 64 PCIe Gen3 lanes to meet large GPU and NVMe needs
- 20MB of combined cache for rapid access to large data sets
- Quad channel DDR4 with support for ECC for reliable throughput
- Number of CPU Cores: 8
- Number of Threads: 16
- Base Clock Speed: 3.8GHz
- Max Turbo Core Speed: 4GHz
- Total L1 Cache: 768KB
- Total L2 Cache: 4MB
- Total L3 Cache: 16MB
- Unlocked: Yes
- CMOS: 14nm
- PCI Express Version: PCIe 3.0
- Default TDP / TDP: 180W
- Max Temps: 68 degreeC
- Max System Memory Speed: 2667MHz
- System Memory Type: DDR4
- Memory Channels: 4
- Supported Technologies: AMD SenseMI Technology; AMD Ryzen VR-Ready Premium; Virtualization; AES; AVX2; FMA4; XFR (Extended Frequency Range)
- Product Family: AMD Ryzen
- Product Line: AMD Ryzen Threadripper
- Platform: Desktop