Three Types of Equipment Protection
The professional-grade APC P11VNT3 Surge Protector guards both your power and data lines. You can plug in up to 2 telephone/DSL connections; a network line for Ethernet protection; 11 standard plugs; and a coaxial cable for devices such as a cable modem; cable box; DSS receiver; A/B switch; splitter; or VCR. Of the 11; 6 outlets are spaced to allow for large box plugs.
IEEE Voltage Let-Through Rating of 40V
Boasting an IEEE rating of 40 volts; the P11VNT3 is designed to prevent more than 40 volts of electricity from reaching your equipment. Since higher let-through rates can increase the risk of damage to your electronics; the 40-volt rating of this surge protector indicates that less voltage may strain and hinder the performance of your system.
Cord Management Straps Reduce Clutter
Whether you mount the P11VNT3 to the wall or store it on another surface; the cord management straps that come with this unit can be used to keep your workspace clear and organized. An 8-foot power cord rotates 180 degrees where it meets the surge protector; enabling further flexibility with your workspace layout. The offset plug connecting the unit to the wall leaves room for additional plugs in the wall socket.
LED Lights Notify You of Wiring Faults
This unit has two LED indicators to indicate building wiring fault and protection working. The first lets you know whether improper building wiring may present a shock hazard. The second light lets you know; before and after a surge event; whether the unit is still functioning as intended.
Catastrophic Event Protection
SurgeArrest components such as MOVs and Thermal fuse ensure instantaneous reaction to lightning strikes and wiring faults. If the surge components are damaged due to power spike or over voltage; excess power cannot reach your equipment. Unlike the APC SurgeArrest products; most surge suppressors continue to let power through even after circuits have been damaged; leaving your equipment exposed to other damaging surges.
Protection of data lines (Ethernet; Coaxial and Phone lines) ensures complete protection of your equipment from surges. It is very important to protect your equipment from "back door" electric surges traveling through data lines; as they can be as damaging to your equipment as surges traveling over power lines.
Fail Safe Mode
Most other surge suppressors continue to let power through even after their circuits have been damaged; leaving your equipment exposed to future surges. APC's SurgeArrest fail safe; which means that once the circuit of an APC SurgeArrest has been compromised the unit disconnects equipment from the power supply ensuring that no damaging surges reach your equipment.
IEEE let-through ratings and regulatory agency compliance
APC surge protectors undergo stringent testing by IEEE; and are awarded "let-through ratings"; which indicate the maximum voltage level that can possibly reach your equipment after a surge or voltage spike has passed through an electric surge protector. Lower IEEE let-through ratings indicate better protection and performance. The APC Essential SurgeArrest series offers optimal performance with a let-through rating of less than 330V to 500V for North American products; and a rating of less than 15% for products sold worldwide. All APC products comply with local agency safety requirements; including UL in North America and CE/Kema/Gost/C-tick/A-Tick/Telepermit in their respective regions.
Protection Working Indicator
SurgeArrest will warn you if its circuitry has been damaged by heavy strike or power line surge and it is unable to provide 100% protection. If still under warranty; APC will then replace your damaged SurgeArrest free of charge.
- IEEE voltage let-through rating of 40 volts
- Complete protection for telephone/DSL; network; and coaxial connections
- 11 standard outlets
- 6 outlets spaced for large transformer plugs
- Two LED indicators notify you of wiring or product faults
- Cord management straps and rotating 8-foot cord for organization
- Number of Outlets: 11.0
- Receptacle Style: NEMA 5-15R
- Nominal Input Voltage: 120V
- Input frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Input Connections: NEMA 5-15P
- Cord Length: 8ft ( 2.44meters )
- Number of Power Cords: 1
Surge Protection and Filtering
- Surge energy rating: 3020Joules
- Data Line Protection: Analog phone line for phone/fax/modem/DSL (RJ-11 connector); Network line - 10/100 Base-T Ethernet (RJ-45 connector); Coaxial cable for CATV/SATV/modem/Audio-Video (coax connector)
- Maximum Height: 1.57 inches ( 40mm ; 4.0cm )
- Maximum Width: 4.7 inches ( 119mm ; 11.9cm )
- Maximum Depth: 11.89 inches ( 302mm ; 30.2cm )
- Net Weight: 2.33 lbs. ( 1.06 kg )
- Color: Black
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 113 degreeF ( 0 - 45 degreeC )
- Operating Relative Humidity: 0 - 95 %
- Operating Elevation: 0-10000ft ( 0-3000meters )
- Storage Temperature: -15 - 45 degreeC
- Storage Relative Humidity: 0 - 95 %
- Storage Elevation: 0-50000ft ( 0-15000meters )
- Approvals: CSA; NOM; UL 1363; UL 1449
- Standard warranty: Lifetime