Let them choose whatever they want on the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store and Mac App Store.
Apple TV with 1080p HD gives you the best entertainment right on your widescreen TV. Choose from thousands of current and classic movies and TV shows on iTunes - many in amazing 1080p HD. Watch live sports in HD. Access content from Netflix, YouTube, Vimeo, and more. And with AirPlay, you can play video, show off photos, and enjoy music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on your New Apple TV with 1080p HD.
- Browse and play YouTube and Vimeo videos, access online Flickr photos, watch HD podcasts, and listen to Internet radio on this iPhone Apple TV
- Wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your widescreen TV.
- Height: 0.9 inch (23 mm)
- Width: 3.9 inches (98 mm)
- Depth: 3.9 inches (98 mm)
- Weight: 0.6 pound
Ports and Interfaces
- Optical audio
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
- Built-in IR receiver
- Micro-USB (for service and support)
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth support for Apple Wireless Keyboard (requires Apple TV software version 5.2 or later)
- Operating temperature: 32? to 95? F (0? to 35? C)
- Storage temperature: -4? to 113? F (-20? to 45? C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m
Built-in 6-watt universal power supply
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Audio Formats Supported
HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
JPEG, GIF, TIFF
Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz, including popular models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse
- HDMI cable (sold separately).
- High-definition TV with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p.
- Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g, or n) wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, g, or n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network.
- iTunes Store account for buying or renting movies, buying TV shows, and buying music.
- iCloud account for viewing photos and videos from iCloud photo stream and movies in iMovie Theater.
- For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing.
- Peer-to-peer AirPlay requires a Mac (2012 or later) with OS X Yosemite or an iOS device (2012 or later) with iOS 8 and works with Apple TV (model A1469) running Apple TV software 7.0.
- Subscription may be required to access some content.