Build a reliable; easy-to-use business network at an affordable price
In today's hyper-connected world; reliable access to network resources is critical to all businesses. However; you also need to invest wisely to stay competitive; knowing how to separate the essential from the extraneous and get the most value for your dollar. For investment in network infrastructure; building a solid foundation for your business is essential; but it doesn't mean you need the most advanced feature set on the market.
For businesses requiring high performance; advanced security; and rich manageability from the network; fully managed switches are an excellent choice. However; they also typically come with high price tags. Smart switches provide the right level of network features and capabilities for growing businesses at a lower price; so you'll have more dollars to put toward other areas of your business.
With Cisco 250 Series Smart Switches (Figure 1); you can achieve business-class network performance and security without paying for advanced network features that you will not use. When you need a reliable solution to share online resources and connect computers; phones; and wireless access points; but low cost is a top priority; Cisco 250 Series Smart Switches provide the ideal solution.
The Cisco 250 Series is the next generation of affordable smart switches that combine powerful network performance and reliability with a complete suite of the network features you need for a solid business network. These powerful Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet switches; with Gigabit or 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks; provide multiple management options; sophisticated security capabilities; fine-tuned Quality-of-Service (QoS) and Layer 3 static routing features far beyond those of an unmanaged or consumer-grade switch; at a lower cost than for fully managed switches. And with an easy-to-use web user interface; Smart Network Application; and Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) capability; you can deploy and configure a complete business network in minutes.
Whether you need basic; high-speed connectivity for your computers and servers or a comprehensive voice; data; and wireless technology solution; Cisco 250 Series switches can meet your business needs. Possible deployment scenarios include:
- High-speed desktop connectivity: Cisco 250 Series switches can quickly and securely connect employees working in small offices with one another and with all of the printers; servers; and other devices they use. High performance and reliable connectivity help speed up file transfers and data processing; improve network uptime; and keep your employees productive.
- Flexible wireless connectivity: Cisco 250 Series switches work with Cisco and third-party wireless solutions to extend the reach of your network. With security features; Power over Ethernet (PoE); VLAN; and QoS; these switches are the perfect foundation to add business-grade wireless to a network.
- The capability of up to 30W of power per port provided through the Ethernet cable means you can easily deploy innovative 802.11ac wireless technology to maximize workforce productivity.
- Unified communications: The Cisco 250 Series provides QoS features to enable you to prioritize delay-sensitive traffic in your network and let you converge all of your communications solutions such as IP telephony and video surveillance onto a single Ethernet network. Cisco offers a complete portfolio of IP telephony and other unified communications products designed for small businesses; and Cisco 250 Series switches have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with these and other vendor products.
- 802.3at PoE+ and 802.3af PoE delivered over any of the RJ-45 ports within the listed power budgets
- Power dedicated to PoE: 100W
- Number of ports that support PoE: 24
- Power consumption
- Green power (mode): EEE; Energy Detect; Short Reach
- System power consumption: 110V=23.5W; 220V=24.4W
- Power consumption (with PoE): 110V=135.2W; 220V=133.9W
- Heat dissipation (BTU/hr.): 461.32
- Total system ports: 26 Gigabit Ethernet
- RJ-45 ports: 24 Gigabit Ethernet
- Combo ports (RJ-45 + SFP): 2 Gigabit Ethernet combo
- USB slot: USB Type-A slot on the front panel of the switch for easy file and image management
- Buttons: Reset button
- Cabling type: Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) Category 5 or better for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX; UTP Category 5e or better for 1000BASE-T
- LEDs: System; Link/Act; PoE; Speed
- Flash: 256 MB
- CPU: 800 MHz ARM
- CPU memory: 512 MB
- Packet buffer
- All numbers are aggregate across all ports because the buffers are dynamically shared: 12 Mb
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 440 x 44 x 257 mm (17.3 x 1.45 x 10.12 in)
- Weight: 3.37 kg (7.43 lbs.)
- Power: 100 to 240V 50 to 60 Hz
- Certification: UL (UL 60950); CSA (CSA 22.2); CE mark; FCC Part 15 (CFR 47) Class A
- Operating temperature: 32 degree to 122 degreeF (0 degree to 50 degreeC)
- Storage temperature: -4 degree to 158 degreeF (-20 degree to 70 degreeC)
- Operating humidity: 10% to 90%; relative; noncondensing
- Storage humidity: 10% to 90%; relative; noncondensing
- Acoustic noise and Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
- Fan (number): 1
- Acoustic noise: 0 degree to 30 degreeC: 37.5dB; 50 degreeC: 49.7dB
- MTBF at 50 degreeC (hours): 333792
- Warranty: Limited lifetime