The EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM offers image quality on a par with Canon's highly regarded L-series lenses. It has a large maximum aperture which, combined with higher shutter speeds can minimize subject motion blur. Shallow depth-of-field separation of a subject from its background is much easier to achieve and the f/2.8 maximum aperture allows a bright finder and extremely precise focusing with f/2.8 compatible AF sensors.
The internal stabilization has a sharpness benefit equivalent to a three-stop faster shutter speed, making this lens outstanding in low light situations. Smaller and lighter than lenses of similar specifications, the EF-S 17-55 mm f/2.8 IS USM lens has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 27-88mm.
NOTE: This is an "EF-S" Series Lens and is compatible only with Digital SLR's that accept EF-S lenses like the EOS Digital Rebel , Digital Rebel XT, Digital Rebel XTi, Digital Rebel XSi, EOS 20D, EOS 30D, EOS40D and similar.
Do NOT Use With the EOS-5D, EOS-1D, EOS-1DS, EOS 1DS-Mark III Or Any Other EOS Camera.
- Construction: Elements/Groups: 19-Dec
- Angle of View H: 68 degrees 40' - 23? 20'
- Angle of View V: 48 degrees - 15 degrees 40'
- Angle of View D: 78 degrees 30' - 27 degrees 50'
- F Stop Range: f/2.8-22
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.35m / 1.14 ft.
- Maximum Magnification: 0.17x (at 55mm)
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Dimensions (Length x Diameter): 4.35" x 3.28" / 110.6 x 83.5
- Weight: 22.75 oz / 645 g
- Image Size: APS-C
- 35mm film equivalent focal length (mm): 27-88