Featuring an optical viewfinder with a 45-point all cross-type AF system and fast, accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with phase-detection, it helps you capture the action right as it happens. Alongside the viewfinder, the EOS 77D's extensive, customizable controls and brilliant image quality help you get the photo looking exactly how you want it. Capture the vibrant colors and fine details of inspirational scenes with the 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor. Without missing a beat, check and change your settings with the top-mounted LCD screen and rear Quick Control dial. When you're satisfied with your work, built-in Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth technology lets you easily share your favorite photos and videos. Creative control and innovative customizability comes with the EOS 77D.
Optical Viewfinder with a 45-point All Cross-type AF System.
The EOS 77D camera's optical viewfinder gives professional-level control and convenience by letting you see exactly what the lens sees in a variety of lighting conditions. A 45-point all cross-type autofocus system helps you get what you want in focus, quickly. This comes in especially handy when trying to photograph fast-moving subjects, like athletes racing to score a goal or excited, playful pets. With minimal glare and minimal lag between what you see and what the camera captures, you could be on a dazzling beach photographing surfers or snapping a brilliant image of your friends dancing at midnight, and you can get the shot you want.
Fast & Accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase-detection.
There's virtually no wait to focus with the EOS 77D camera's Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which helps deliver the world's fastest autofocusing speed at 0.03 sec. Available when using Live View on the LCD touchscreen for both photos and videos, it features phase-detection which helps quickly and accurately determine how far away an object is by rapidly analyzing the phase of different colors of light. This highly advanced technology offers quick, precise autofocus that stays locked onto your subject, even if your subject is in motion. Dual Pixel CMOS AF helps ensure your results are sharp, keeps the time it takes to lock focus onto your subject to a minimum and smoothly maintains focus where you want it.
24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor.
The EOS 77D camera features a 24.2 Megapixel (APS-C) sensor capable of capturing clear, detailed and vivid images and movies. From the skin tones in a portrait, to the greens and browns of nearby foliage, the incredibly sensitive CMOS-style sensor can capture the rich, vibrant colors of the world around you. Its high resolution reveals intricate details of your subject, and is suitable for printing or easily uploading for use on the web.
DIGIC 7 Image Processor, ISO 100-25600.
The DIGIC 7 Image Processor powers the EOS 77D camera with high image quality and fast operation, even in low light. Even in extreme cases, like in low saturation or low-light dusk, dawn or darkened interior moments, it helps keep what you're photographing in focus. When using high ISO settings, the image processing helps ensure results are highly detailed, while helping to minimize graininess. Powerful all around, the DIGIC 7 Image Processor helps ensure your photos and videos look sharp and lifelike with minimal unwanted noise or grain.
Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth.
The EOS 77D camera is designed to make Wi-Fi connections fast and easy. It can exchange data with other Wi-Fi compatible Canon cameras, and transfer files directly to a compatible smart device using the Camera Connect app. It can also connect directly to Canon's Connect Station CS100 device, upload directly to various web services like CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, Facebook and YouTube and print directly to wireless Canon printers.
Vari-angle Touch Screen, 3.0-inch LCD.
The EOS 77D camera comes with a Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD II monitor. It excels at shooting stills and videos at a variety of angles, as well as moviemaking whether used with a tripod or handheld. During Live View, tap the screen where you want to focus, and thanks to Dual Pixel CMOS AF the camera will focus on that location almost instantly. Two-finger touch gestures can be used for zooming or changing images after you've taken them, and menu and quick control settings can be accessed quickly and easily. With 1.04 million dots the screen is highly detailed and treated with a smudge-resistant coating to help minimize fingerprints and maintain a clear image, even in bright light.
7560-pixel RGB+IR Metering Sensor.
A fine-tuned RGB+IR metering sensor not only helps ensure accurate exposure, but also uses Color Detection AF to detect skin tones and help provide precise AF. This is particularly useful when establishing focus for portraits in situations where other AF systems may falter. When a skin tone is detected, AI Servo AF starts off on skin-colored points, then tracks the subject based of the original AF point's color information, maintaining focus on the person even when they're in motion.
The EOS 77D camera features a flicker detection system that not only alerts the user in the viewfinder, but with the camera's Anti-flicker Shooting function can compensate for flickering light sources, taking shots as close to peak light volume as possible. This feature is useful for helping to minimize disparities in color and exposure, especially during continuous shooting in sub-optimal lighting situations.
Movie Electronic IS.
Camera shake is inevitable at times, whether you're ready to record the game-winning goal while running to keep up with the players, or when the landscape is epic but you're riding in the car on a bumpy road. Movie Electronic IS helps minimize image blur due to shake, even when recording Full HD videos. When enabled and used with a compatible lens, 5-axis stabilization helps minimize image blur in the horizontal, vertical, and rotational planes.
HDR Movie & Time-Lapse Movie.
HDR Movie mode captures correctly exposed and under-exposed images, then blends them into one video with more highlight detail for stunning results. Time-Lapse Movie mode takes long stretches of time and condenses it down to a single high-speed video (minimum settable shutter speed of 1/25). Rapidly moving pedestrians on a busy street, fast-moving clouds in the sky - the possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
High-speed Continuous Shooting at up to 6.0 fps.
The more images, the better. That's the idea behind the EOS 77D camera's ability to capture up to 6.0 frames per second. Whether you're capturing a majestic bird taking flight or a pro athlete scoring a winning goal, the EOS 77D can take the shot and stay locked on throughout the action, ensuring you capture the exact moment you want.
- Type: Digital AF/AE single-lens reflex camera with built-in flash
- Recording Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, SD speed class-compatible; UHS-I compatible; Compatible with Eye-Fi Cards. Multimedia cards (MMC) cannot be used (card error will be displayed).
- Image Format: Approx. 22.3 x 14.9mm (APS-C Size)
- Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses (including EF-S lenses, excluding EF-M lenses)
- Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
- Type: CMOS sensor (supporting Dual Pixel CMOS AF)
- Effective pixels: Approx. 24.2 Megapixels
- Total pixels: Approx. 25.8 Megapixels
- Pixel Unit: Approx. 3.72um square
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Low Pass Filter: Installed in front of the image sensor, non-detachable
- Recording Format: Compliant to Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and EXIF 2.3
- Image Format: Still Image: JPEG, RAW (14 bit Canon Original), Video: MOV (Full HD Movie: MPEG4 AVC/H.264; Audio: Linear PCM), MP4 (Movie: MPEG4 AVC/H.264; Audio: AAC)
- RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording: Simultaneous recording is possible using a combination of RAW and JPEG (Large)
- Type: Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentamirror)
- Magnification: Approx. 0.82x / 23.2
- Eye Point: Approx. 19mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
- Dioptric Adjustment Correction: Adjustable from approx. -3.0 to +1.0m-1 (dpt)
- Focusing Screen: Fixed
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)
- Metering Modes: 7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor, 63-zone (9 x 7) metering; (1) Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points), (2) Partial metering (center, approx. 6.0% of viewfinder), (3) Spot metering (center, approx. 3.5% of viewfinder), (4) Center-weighted average metering
- Metering Range: EV 1-20 (room temperature, ISO 100, evaluative metering)
- AE Lock: Auto AE lock, Manual AE lock
- Type: Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled
- Shutter Speeds: 1/4000 to 30 sec., bulb (total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.), X-sync at 1/200 sec.
- Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self Timer: 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
- Shutter Lag Time: With SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure: approx. 0.070 sec.; Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: approx. 0.250 sec.; Time lag with the aperture stopped down by 3 stops or less from the open aperture. Excludes AF operation time.
Built in Flash
- Type: Auto pop-up, retractable built-in flash at the pentamirror
- Flash Metering System: E-TTL II autoflash with all EX Series Speedlites
- Guide Number: Approx. 39.4 / 12 (at ISO 100 in feet / meters)
- Flash Coverage: Up to approx. 17mm focal length (equivalent to approx. 28mm in 135 format)
- FE Lock: Provided
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3 - or 1/2 - stop increments
- File Format: MP4; Video: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264; Audio: AAC; MOV: LL-I (FHD 29.98, time-lapse movies only)
- Focusing: Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Manual focus
- Range: Full range (0-255)
- Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size: 3.0-inch (screen aspect ratio of 3:2); Approx. 3.03 in./7.70cm diagonal (approx. 2.51 in./6.37cm width, approx. 1.67 in/4.25cm height)
- Pixels: Approx. 1.04 million dots
- Coverage: Approx. 95%*; * When the aspect ratio is 16:9, vertical viewfinder coverage is approx. 93%.
- Brightness Control: Adjustable to one of seven brightness levels
- USB Terminal: Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0)
- Video Out Terminal: Type C (resolution switches automatically)
- Extension System Terminal: 3.5mm diameter stereo mini jack
- Battery: Battery Pack LP-E17 x 1
- Battery Check: Automatic battery check when the power switch is turned ON. Displayed in 4 levels.
- Power Saving: Power turns off after the set time (10/30 or 30 sec., 1, 2, 4, 8 or 15 min.) of non-operation elapses
- Date/Time Battery: Built-in secondary battery; When fully-charged, the date/time can be maintained for approx. 3 months
- Recharge time: approx. 8 hrs.
- Start-up Time: Approx. 0.2 sec. (based on CIPA testing standards)
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 5.16 x 3.93 x 3.00 in. (131.0 x 99.9 x 76.2mm) CIPA compliant.
- Weight: Approx. 19.05 oz. / 540g (including battery pack and SD memory card), Approx. 17.39 oz. / 493g (body only)