Bundle includes Google Home Smart Speaker
Programs itself. Then pays for itself.
Meet the 3rd gen Nest Learning Thermostat. It has new rings and a big, sharp display. And it saves energy. That's the most beautiful part.
The Nest Learning Thermostat programs itself. It helps save energy. You can control it from anywhere with the Nest app. And with a Nest Temperature Sensor, you can get the right temperature, right where you want it. (Sold separately.)
Your thermostat controls half your energy bill - more than appliances, more than electronics. So shouldn't it help you save energy?
The Nest Learning Thermostat is the first thermostat to get ENERGY STAR certified. It learns what temperature you like and builds a schedule around yours. Since 2011, the Nest Thermostat has saved billions of kWh of energy in millions of homes worldwide. And independent studies showed that it saved people an average of 10% to 12% on heating bills and 15% on cooling bills. So in under two years, it can pay for itself.
See how much you saved.
Nest shows you how much energy you use every day in Energy History and every month in your Home Report. So you can see when you use more energy, like on weekends or Monday nights, and how to use less.
Follow the Leaf.
Change the temperature to save energy and you'll be rewarded with a Leaf. The Leaf learns how to help you save, so it appears at different temperatures for different families.
Meet the Nest Temperature Sensor.
Most homes aren't the same temperature in every room. With the Nest Temperature Sensor, you can let your Nest thermostat know which room should be a certain temperature at a certain time of day. Just put it on a wall or shelf in a room that matters most, like the living room or baby's room. And get the right temperature, right where you want it. (Sold separately.)
It lights up when you walk in the room.
Now the Nest Thermostat does something new. It's called Farsight, and it lights up to show you the temperature, weather or time. You can even choose a digital or analog clock face. Farsight is big and bright on the beautiful display - you can see it from across the room.
Know your home is safe.
The Nest Thermostat is just one part of your heating and cooling system. But it can keep an eye on the rest of it. You'll get an alert on your phone if there's something wrong - like temperatures are so low your pipes could burst. And if it looks like your furnace is acting up, the Nest Thermostat will send you an alert.
- Generation: 3rd Generation
- Color: Stainless Steel, White, Black, Copper
- Screen: 24-bit color LCD;
480 x 480 resolution at 229 pixels per inch (PPI);
2.08 in (5.3 cm) diameter
- Languages: English (US, UK), Dutch, French (Canada, France), Italian, Spanish (Americas, Spain)
- Compatibility: The Nest Learning Thermostat works with 95% of 24V heating and cooling systems, including gas, electric, forced air, heat pump, radiant, oil, hot water, solar and geothermal.
- Heating: 1,2, and 3 stages (W1, W2, W3)
- Cooling: 1 and 2 stages (Y1, Y2)
- Heat pump: with auxiliary and emergency heat (O/B, AUX, E)
- Humidifier or dehumidifier (HUM, DEHUM)
- Fan (G)
- Power (C, RH, RC)
- Sensors: Temperature, Humidity, Near-field activity, Far-field activity, Ambient light
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n @ 2.4GHz, 5GHz
- 802.15.4 @ 2.4GHz
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
Size and Weight
- Mass: 7.25 oz (205.4 g)
- Diameter: 3.3 in (8.4 cm)
- Height: 1.06 in (2.69 cm)
- Mass: 1.35 oz (38.3 g)
- Diameter: 3 in (7.6 cm)
- Height: 0.42 in (1.1 cm)
- Mass: 8.6 oz (243.7 g)
- Diameter: 3.3 in (8.4 cm)
- Height: 1.21 in (3.08 cm)
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Power Consumption: Less than 1kWh/month
- Remote control requirements:
- Wi-Fi connection with internet access
Nest app on phone or tablet with Android or iOS. See the Nest app requirements for supported versions.
- Latest version of Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on Mac OS X v10.9 or later and Windows 7 or later
- Certification: ENERGY STAR
- Multi-home support:
- Multi-zone homes: You can control up to 20 thermostats per home.
- Nest in three homes: You can control Nest Thermostats in three locations from one Nest account.
- RoHS compliant
- REACH compliant
- Recyclable packaging
- Title 20 battery charger compliant
- Learn more at nest.com/responsibility
- Warranty: 2-year limited warranty. For support, visit nest.com/support
Our support team is also available by phone 24/7.
In The Box:
- Optional trim kit
- Mounting screws and labels
- Nest screwdriver
- Installation Guide
- Welcome Guide
- Nest Pro installation card
With your Google Home device, you can have your own personal assistant. With simple voice commands, you can get information about traffic, sports, finance and more. Google Home allows you stream videos directly to your television, set alarms, play music and ask for directions all from the comfort of your own home. Simply say "OK Google" and ask your question. Within seconds, Google Home will return you an answer.
Command Your Audio
A simple voice request triggers the Google Home to play music, podcasts, or radio from services like Google Play Music, Spotify, YouTube Music, Pandora, and TuneIn.
Get Answers from Google
Thanks to Google's history in search, the Google Home is ready for your questions. Get real-time answers, including the latest on weather, traffic, finance, sports, local businesses, and more.
Plan to Do More
With your permission, the Google Home will learn about you and get personal. It can retrieve your flight information, set alarms and timers, and tell you about the traffic on your way to work.
Voice-Control Your Smart Devices
The Google Home connects with smart devices like Chromecast, Nest, and Philips Hue, so you can use your voice to set the perfect temperature or turn down the lights.
Far-Field Voice Recognition
Far-field microphones and natural language processing help ensure that the Google Home hears you reliably.
Multiple Google Home devices can be grouped together to enjoy the same content in every room.
The top touch surface gives you total control, and a mute button lets you put the Google Home's microphones on standby. Tap the top surface once to pause or stop audio, timers, alarms, and responses. Swipe clockwise to turn the volume up or counterclockwise to turn it down. Long-press the touch panel to trigger the Google Assistant. Press the mute button on the back to keep the Google Assistant from being triggered, even if you say "Ok Google."
The integrated high-excursion speaker is designed to deliver crystal-clear highs and rich bass.
Style Your Home
With bases separately available in seven colors, you can make the Google Home fit with nearly any space and décor. Just twist and pull off the one you don't want to replace it with the base of your chosen color.
Set Up in Three Steps
Plug the power cable into the Google Home, plug it into a wall socket, then download and run the Google Home app on your compatible phone or tablet.
Basic Controls and Indicators
Four colored lights indicate whether the unit is active. The entire top is a touch surface with a built-in microphone. The rear of the unit features a microphone on/off button and a power status light.
Explore the Google Home App
The Google Home app is your one-stop destination to discover all of the Google Home's content and features. It lets you find the latest features, tips, and offers; control settings like your default music provider or your location; and link compatible devices, such as smart lights, thermostats, and Chromecast devices.
Decide When the Google Home Listens
You have total control over when you want Google Home to respond to your voice commands. Its light states tell you the status of your device when you say, "Ok Google."
No Lights: Waiting to hear the "Ok Google" hotword.
Dots Animate: Listening for your request and ready to help.
Four Red Dots: Voice control is deactivated.
Up to six people can connect their account to one Google Home, so when you ask your Google Assistant for help, it can distinguish your voice from that of other family members, so you can hear your own personal playlists, commute times, schedule, and more.
- Set, check, cancel, stop, and snooze multiple and/or recurring alarms.
- Perform complicated calculations with the built-in calculator.
- Ask about an event or get your schedule for the day from Google Calendar.
- Have fun with random questions.
- Get definitions and spellings for words with the built-in dictionary.
- Discover hidden surprises with Easter eggs.
- Get answers to your everyday questions.
- Ask about current individual stock prices or current points of an index, like the NASDAQ.
- Get status updates on your upcoming flight.
- Play games with the Assistant.
- Pick your favorite phrase to control countless online services and third-party smart devices with IFTTT.
- Turn on/off, dim, and check if lights are on with supported smart light bulbs.
- Search for local places and ask for additional information.
- Stream audio from your phone to Google Home from 100+ Chromecast-enabled audio apps or through phone mirroring.
- Group any combinatin of Google Home, Chromecast Audio, or Speakers with Chromecast built-in together for synchronous music throughout the home.
- Play music from popular music services by artist, song, genre, album, playlist, mood, or activity.
- Get a curated daily snippet about your day, which includes weather, calendar, commute, reminders, and news with My Day.
- Get the latest news.
- Get nutrition information for ingredients or food.
- Listen to your favorite podcasts.
- Listen to your favorite radio stations.
- Add items to your Shopping list and check what's already on it.
- Turn on/off devices around your home with supported smart switches and plugs.
- Stream audio to any speaker that has Chromecast Audio plugged in or Chromecast built-in. Then play, pause, skip, or turn up the volume.
- Ask for scores, live updates, or next game date, location and time.
- Stream video content to any TV that has Chromecast plugged in or built-in. Then play, pause, or turn up the volume.
- Control the temperature with supported smart thermostats.
- Set, pause, check, resume, and cancel timers.
- Ask for traffic and travel times for driving, walking, or biking.
- Get translations for words or phrases in supported languages.
- Ask for current weather or forecasts for the week for your home location or any other location.
1 x 2" (5.1 cm) high-excursion driver
2 x 2" (5.1 cm) passive radiators
802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz) dual-band
1 x DC power jack
1 x Micro-USB for service
- Supported Operating Systems
Android 4.1 and higher
iOS 8.0 and higher
- Supported Audio Formats
HE-AAC, LC-AAC+, MP3, Vorbis, WAV (LPCM), FLAC with support for high-resolution streams
- Voice Commands
Far-field voice recognition supports hands-free use
- Power Requirements
Power Adapter: 100 to 240 VAC, 1.1 A, 50 to 60 Hz
Device: 16.5 VDC, 2A
- Power Cord Length
70.8" (1.8 m)
Device: 1.05 lb (477 g)
Power Adapter: 4.58 oz (130 g)
- Packaging Info
Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
9.4 x 5.2 x 5.1"