Less meddling. More magic.
Here's a world-leading compact camera that's ready and small enough to go as far as you can take it, the HX80 featuring a 30x zoom lens. With spur-of-the-moment speed, wider-ranging precision and simple control. It puts more expansive, engaging operation completely at your command.
The Elements of Comprehensive Image Quality
The synergy of a higher-performance CMOS image sensor, lightning-quick image processor and legendary lens pack the latest optical and engineering advancements into an amazingly compact form.
- Renowned ZEISS optics: Legendary ZEISS quality delivers brilliant sharpness, rich contrast and minimal distortion.
- Exmor R CMOS sensor: A back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor with 18.2 effective megapixels takes in more light for greater detail in every shot.
- BIONZ X image processing engine: Now reproducing more realistic detail and color in images with less diffraction and noise.
Command With Confidence
Instantly take control of any function that you want. All aspects of operation and handling are intuitively manageable, making it as easy as possible for you to love using this camera.
- Firm your grip: The durable grip fits comfortably in your hand for optimal handling and shooting stability.
- Set as you like: Seven customizable buttons/keys include the Function button that can be assigned up to 12 frequently used functions, and six buttons/keys that can be assigned one function each.
- Clearly, easily see what you'll shoot: The LCD monitor has the flexibility to tilt up to 180 degrees for easier, more comfortable framing, especially before shooting at a low position.
Get the best view with OLED Tru-Finder
This high-contrast retractable OLED Tru-Finder is far brighter than conventional electronic viewfinders and perfect for all-around portability, safety, and practicality.
Extra-speedy & precise Fast Intelligent AF
An improved spatial object detection algorithm realizes a more optimal and accurate lens drive to make AF even faster, for capturing more fleeting moments with ease.
Set the Right Shooting Style in Motion
Gain more choices to shoot your movie just right, according to the situation and how you want to show it. Whether you just want to share some action quickly or save it at higher resolution for more careful editing later, you can shoot in your own style to suit your purpose. Simply make format, mode, exposure and other settings and start recording as you like.
- Enjoy movies in versatile formats: Choose XAVC S or AVCHD format for high-resolution movie recording. You can even simultaneously record the action as a compressed, Web-friendly MP4 file for easy sharing.
- Keep the blurs away: Intelligent Active Mode with 5-axis image stabilization and advanced frame analysis compensates for camera shake during movie recording to minimize blur that often results from handheld shooting.
- Be creative: Choose among P/A/S/M (Programmed AE/Aperture priority/Shutter-speed priority/Manual) modes to control exposure and adjust background blur in movies as well as still photos.
Capability Beyond Convention
Show the world how much further you can go even after you've taken your shot. Touch up photos, share footage wirelessly, map your journey and have more fun in fresher ways than ever with your camera.
Share with ease - Gain remote control
Wi-Fi connectivity with iOS and Android smartphones for remote camera control and still/video sharing is easy. In addition to Wi-Fi support for connecting to smartphones, NFC technology (near field communication) provides "One-touch connection" to compatible Android smartphones and tablets. Users need only touch devices to connect; no complex set-up is required.
PlayMemories Camera Apps
Take advantage of PlayMemories Camera Apps downloads that make your camera and images more functional, creative, and fun to play with.
- My Best Portrait: Add skin-softening, skin-brightening and eye catch-light effects.
- Smart Remote Control: Use a smartphone to control exposure, release shutter and receive photos.
- Sync to Smartphone: Transfers photos to a mobile device automatically after powering off.
- Sensor Type: 1/2.3 inch (7.82 mm) Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Number of Pixels (Gross): Approx. 21.1 Megapixels
- Number of Pixels (Effective): Approx. 18.2 Megapixels
- Lens Type: ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens, 11 elements in 10 groups (5 aspherical elements)
- F-number (Maximum Aperture): F3.5 (W) - 6.4 (T)
- Focal Length (f=): f=4.1-123 mm
- Focus Range (From the Front of the Lens): iAuto: AF (W: Approx. 0.16 ft. (5 cm) to Infinity, T: Approx. 8.20 ft. (250 cm) to Infinity) / Program Auto: AF (W: Approx. 0.16 ft. (5 cm) to Infinity, T: Approx. 8.20 ft. (250 cm) to Infinity, T:
- Optical Zoom: 30x
- Clear Image Zoom: Still Image: 18M Approx. 60x / 10M Approx. 80x / 5.0M Approx. 113x / VGA Approx. 459x / 13M (16:9) Approx. 60x / 2.1M (16:9) Approx. 153x; Movie: Approx. 60x 1
- Digital Zoom (Still Image): 18 M Approx. 120x/10 M Approx. 161x/5.0 M Approx. 226x/VGA Approx. 459x/13 M (16:9) Approx. 120x/2.1 M (16:9) Approx. 306x 1; Movie: Approx. 120x
- Screen Type: 2.95 in (3.0type) (4:3) / 921,600 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps)
- Adjustable Angle: Up by approx. 180 degrees
- Viewfinder: 0.2-type electronic viewfinder
- Field Coverage: 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.5x with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1mstyle name="sup"-1/style(diopter) (35 mm equiv.)
- Image Processor: BIONZ X
- Steadyshot: Optical
- Focus Type: Contrast detection AF
- Focus Mode: Single-shot AF;Continuous AF(Advanced sports & Movie Only);DMF;Manual Focus
- Focus Area: Wide;Center;Flexible Spot (S/M/L);Expanded Flexible Spot
- Light Metering Mode: Multi Pattern; Center Weighted; Spot
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 3.0 EV, 1/3 EV step
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image): Auto (ISO80-3200, selectable with upper / lower limit),80/100/200/400/800/1600/3200,Multi-Frame NR:Auto(ISO80-3200 same as selected range in Auto), 100/200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie): Auto (ISO80-3200, selectable with upper / lower limit),80/100/200/400/800/1600/3200
- Minimum Illumination (Movie): Auto: 6lux (Shutter Speed 1/30)
- White Balance Modes: Auto; Daylight; Shade; Cloudy; Incandescent; Fluor.: Cool White; Fluor.: Day White; Fluor.: Daylight; Flash; Custom; One Push, One Push Set
- WB Micro Adjustment: G7-M7,A7-B7
- Shutter Speed: iAuto (4" - 1/2000) / Program Auto (1" - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (8" - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30" - 1/2000) / Manual (30" - 1/2000)
- Aperture: iAuto (F3.5-F6.3(W)) / Program Auto (F3.5-F6.3 (W) ) / Manual (F3.5-F8.0 (W)) / Aperture Priority (F3.5-F8.0 (W)) / Sutter Priority (F3.5-F6.3 (W))
- Image Control: Contrast;Saturation;Sharpness;Creative Style;Quality (Fine / Standard)
- Noise Reduction: Off / On
- Dynamic Range Functions: Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range: Off, Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0-6.0EV, 1.0EV step)3
- Shooting Mode: Intelligent Auto; Superior Auto; Program Auto; Aperture Priority; Shutter Speed Priority; Manual Exposure; MR(Memory Recall) 1,2,3; Movie Mode(Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure); Panorama; Scene Selection
- Bracketing: Yes
- Scene Selection: Portrait; Advanced Sports Shooting; Landscape; Sunset; Night Scene; Handheld Twilight; Night Portrait; Anti Motion Blur; Pet Mode; Gourmet; Beach; Snow; Fireworks; Soft Skin; High Sensitivity
- Continuous Shooting Speed (Maximum) (Maximum Number of Recording Pixels): Approx. 10 fps (for up to 10 shots)
- Self-Timer: Off / 10 sec. / 5 s / 2 sec. / 3 consecutive shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable / 3 consecutive bracketing shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable
- Drive Modes: Optical; Continuous shooting; Self-timer; Self-timer(cont.); Cont.-bracketing; Single-bracketing; White balance bracketing; DRO bracketing
- Exposure Control: Yes
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Black & White, Sepia
- Number of Recognized Scenes: Still Image: Superior Auto: 44 / iAuto: 33;Movie:44
- Flash Type: Built-in, manual pop-up
- Flash Mode: Auto / Flash On / Slow Sync. / Flash Off / Rear Sync.
- Metering Mode: Multi Pattern; Center Weighted; Spot
- Built-in Flash Range: ISO Auto: Approx. 11-13/16" to 17 feet 8-19/32" (0.3 m to 5.4 m)(W) / Approx. 8 feet 2-27/64" to 9 feet 10-7/64" (2.5 m to 3.0 m)(T)
- Compatible Recording Media: Memory Stick Duo; Memory Stick PRO Duo; Memory Stick PRO Duo; Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed); Memory Stick PROHG Duo; Memory Stick Micro; Memory Stick Micro (Mark2); SD Memory Card; SDHC Memory Card(UHS-I); SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I); microSD Memory Card; microSDHC Memory Card; microSDXC Memory Card
- Recording Format: JPEG (DCF Ver.2.0, Exif Ver.2.3 ,MRF Baseline compliant)
- Recording Format (Movie Audio): XAVC S:LPCM 2ch;AVCHD:Dolby Digital(AC-3) 2ch(Dolby Digital Stereo Creator);MP4:MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC): AVCHD: 28M PS(1,920x1,080/60p) / 24M FX(1,920x1,080/60i) / 17M FH(1,920x1,080/60i) / 24M FX(1,920x1,080/24p) / 17M FH(1,920x1,080/24p) / XAVC S: 60p 50M(1,920x1,080/60p) / 30p 50M(1,920x1,080/30p) / 24p 50M(1,920x1,080/24p)/ MP4: 28M(1,920x1,080/60fps) / 16M(1,920x1,080/30fps) / 6M(1,280x720/30fps)
- Panorama (Recording): Intelligent Sweep Panorama (supports 360 format)
- Input and Output Terminals: Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI
- NFC: NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible, One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- Wi-Fi: Yes (IEEE802.11b/g/n(2.4GHz band))
- Power Source: DC3.6V (supplied battery)/ DC5.0V(supplied AC Adapter)
- Power Consumption (Camera Mode): Approx. 1.4W with LCD monitor and approx. 1.5W with viewfinder (CIPA standard)
- USB Charge/USB Power Supply: Yes (with supplied AC adapter and battery)
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images): Still Images: Monitor:Approx. 390 / Approx. 195 min., ViewFinder: Approx. 360 / Approx. 180 min.; Movies (actual shooting): Monitor: Approx. 70 min., ViewFinder: Approx. 75 min. (In (MP4 28M) mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4 GB.);Movies (continuous shooting): 11 Monitor:Approx. 105 min., ViewFinder:Approx. 115 min. (In (MP4 28M) mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4 GB.)
- Supplied Battery: Rechargeable battery pack NP-BX1
- PlayMemories Camera Apps: Yes
- Shooting Functions: Face Detection;Face Registration;Smile Shutter;Grid Line;Quick Navi;Digital Level Gauge (roll);WB Bracketing;DRO Bracketing;MF Assist;Peaking;Zebra;Marker Display;Micref Level;Step Zoom;Quick Zoom;Self-portrait timer
- Playback Functions: BRAVIA Sync(Control for HDMI);9/25-frame index view;Auto Orientation;Slide Show;Forward/Rewind (Movie);Delete;Protect;Motion Shot Video;Beauty Effect
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 4.02" x 2.29" x 1.4"
- Weight (CIPA Compliant): Approx. 8.64 oz (Battery and Memory Stick DUO are included)/Approx. 7.69 oz (Body Only)
This Kit Includes:
Cyber-shot HX80 Compact Digital Camera with 30x Optical Zoom - Black
Sony Cyber-shot HX80 Compact Digital Camera with 30x Optical Zoom - Black
Our Price: $318.00
Prepack E12HX80B Sandisk Ultra 32GB ,12" Tripod, Vivitar Case, Charger and more
General Brand Prepack E12HX80B Sandisk Ultra 32GB ,12" Tripod, Vivitar Case, Charger and more
Our Price: $27.95