External docking stations are popular because of its flexibility and compatibility. However; because it is for external use; the interface limits the transfer speed of your hard drive while only allowing one to be use at a time. In a standard computer case; there are several 5.25" bays usually reserved for your DVD ROM drive; however; will not naturally fit with your 2.5" or 3.5" hard drives without some assistance. We also want to create a much faster and smoother transition from external to internal setups. Using the DuoSwap MB971SP-B; you will save precious desktop space by integrating both 3.5" and 2.5" slots into a single external 5.25" bay. This gives you the ability to expand and easily go from your external docking station to your computer in just seconds.
Having a way to easily exchange between the two industry standard SATA hard drive sizes is difficult to find. The DuoSwap changes all of this as it is a 5.25" hot swappable drive caddy for 2.5" and 3.5" SATA hard drive or SSD. The MB971SP-B has the most flexibility within a single external 5.25" bay allowing different hard drive combinations; featuring the ability to fit a single 2.5"; 3.5" or even both hard drives at the same time to produce the maximum storage capability. Inserting two drives into the DuoSwap gives you many benefits. With two drives inserted you can easily make backups of your 2.5" to your 3.5" drive or cloning your 3.5" to your 2.5" drive via SATA speed. This makes DuoSwap a perfect tool for upgrading from 3.5" SATA hard disk drive to 2.5" SATA solid state drive. You can also take advantage of your extra 2.5" and 3.5" drives you have by inserting them quickly and easily into the DuoSwap system. This saves you time and money because of the MB971SP-B tool-less hot-swap design.
The MB971SP-B is perfect as a quick setup accessory for your system as you can have your operating system in the smaller bay with the SSD and your main secondary storage in the bigger bay with high capacity 3.5" hard drives. Our fast and simple hot-swap system on the MB971SP-B provides easy access to your hard drive(s) and SSD. Then to ensure and prevent that dust does not enter into the computer system; a two part flexible anti-dust cover is integrated to help protect by closing when a 2.5" HDD/SSD is in use. The MB971SP-B also makes hard drive maintenance and monitoring easy because of the DuoSwap system utilizing individual hard drive LED's; power and eject buttons. With two individual power buttons it allows you to power down each drive when not in use to save energy and extend your drives lifespan. The DuoSwap also uses two standard SATA connectors for drive data and a single power to help prevent compatibility issues. Moreover; for additional drive security; we designed an "Eagle-Hook" mechanism for MB971SP-B. It switches on immediately the 3.5" drive inserted and locks the 3.5" hard drive in place. So the 3.5" hard drive won't fall out when you move the PC around.
The DuoSwap MB971SP-B works similar to other popular external docking stations however; packed with more features such as individual LED's; power button and eject button. Most importantly; it allows the user to be able to access both 2.5" and 3.5" SATA HDD or SSD concurrently. Having an easy way to use your hard drives as they should be used; without the worry of installing or removing makes it a must have accessory for any personal PC; Lab testing PC or HDD duplication system.
- Connects up to one 2.5" and 3.5" SATA HDD in a single external 5.25" bay for a space saving setup
- Supports a single 2.5" HDD/SSD from 9.5mm to 12.5mm height. (Up to 9.5mm while the 3.5" bay is in use)
- Fast and simple tool-less drive installation
- Able to run 2.5" and 3.5" SATA hard drive or SSD Simultaneously
- Individual SATA 6Gbps connection for each hard drive or SSD
- 2 part anti-dust cover protects system internals even when a small 2.5" SATA drive is used
- Anti vibration kit for the 3.5" drive bay to help reduce movement
- Eagle-Hook mechanism design added extra security to the 3.5" hard drive
- Individual LED for both 2.5" and 3.5" bays
- Easy access individual power buttons allows hard drive life expendability and energy conservation
- Large individual drive eject button for hassle free drive removal
- Perfect for any technical level of computer users
- Color: Black
- Drive Fit: 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD x 1 (9.5mm - 12.5mm height) 3.5" SATA HDD or SSD x 1
- Host Connection: 7-pin SATA port x 2
- Device Space: 1 x external half height 5.25" bay
- Transfer Rate: Up to 6 Gbit/s. (depending on hard drive speed)
- Insertand Extract connection Via: Direct SATA hard drive connection
- Structure: Metal body w/partial plastic
- Power Connector: 15-pin SATA Power
- Drive Cooling: Metal heat dispersion
- Power Indicator: Solid Green LED
- HDD Access Indicator: Flashing Amber LED
- Dimension (L x W x H): 147.8 x 42 x 178.2 mm
- Weight: 621 g