Introducing the Icy Dock ToughArmor MB991SK-B 2.5" SATA Mobile Rack solution for use in external 3.5" drive bay (Floppy bay). It is a smaller form factor device built specifically for systems with small real estate to work with. Using a rugged heavy duty metal construction; it is capable to withstand the harshest enterprise type environments. The drive is fully secured by our proven technologies such as; the Eagle-Hook lock system and metal 2-segment safeguard key. Our rugged full metal EZ Slide Mini Tray allows interchangeability of data between multiple systems with other ToughArmor products. Suggested applications in Medical & Military systems; Media servers; and IPCs and approved by Tier 1 companies.
Efficient Space Use
The MB991SK-B is perfect for use in industrial PCs; SMB SFF servers; mobile DVR systems; or even home servers. These systems tend to use components that provide the needed features; in the smallest form factor available. The ability to house one SATA SSD or HDD in a single 3.5" bay makes it a valuable asset in specific applications such as; integration into an industrial imaging or medical device.
Rugged Full Metal Protection
Making sure that the material used is designed in a way where it can be relied upon for many years after its deployment. The MB991SK-B is capable of holding up in the harshest environments; with the rugged heavy duty metal construction throughout the entire device. The ToughArmor's rugged full metal design is perfect for industrial devices that may require a flammability rating as the full metal material is considered to be already compliant with flammability requirements. So because of the high build quality; it can be used various enterprise systems including: military and law enforcement deployment; as well as manufacturing conditions such as embedded control systems and factory automation systems.
The rugged full metal design also allows heat dissipation transfer from the hard drives throughout the mobile rack. In addition; Multi-Flow Technology effectively routes air flow correctly for excellent passive cooling in key ventilation slots on the front; rear; top and bottom. Lastly; Anti-Vibration Technology and EMI Grounding are used to provide a stable environment for the hard drives or SSDs used to perform at its best.
Convenient Utility & Accessibility
The front of the ToughArmor includes a status LED when the drive is powered on; off and accessed. Active Power Technology (APT) allows the status LED to be on only when a hard drive is inserted into the enclosure. For drive security; the eagle-hook lock system on the tray makes sure your hard drives will not eject when not needed. Additionally; the 2 segment key lock provides extra protection to theft of hard drives as well as safeguards any sensitive data.
The EZ Slide Mini trays make drive interchangeability and maintenance completely hassle free; in case of a hard drive failure. With a simple swap of the hard drive; your overall down time is greatly reduced especially if this occurs when it is time sensitive. The trays are also designed to accommodate 7 to 15mm height hard drive and SSD; creating a 2.5" hot swap bay for any standard SATA hard drives and SSDs. While the tray is not installed to the MB991SK-B; the Anti-Dust Flap feature helps prevent dust from entering into the mobile rack.
- Rugged heavy duty full metal construction with suggested applications in Imaging; Medical; and Military systems; Media servers; and IPCs; approved & used by Tier 1 companies
- Fits 1 x 7mm to 15mm 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD in external 3.5" drive bay
- Rugged heavy Duty Full Metal construction; perfect for enterprise applications
- Multi-Flow Technology - provides excellent passive cooling
- Anti-Vibration Technology - creates a safe environment for hard drives or SSDs
- Active Power Technology (APT) - individual led only powers up if there is drive installed in the drive bay
- EMI Grounding - protects hard drives from electrical damage
- Eagle-hook lock system & 2-segment safeguard key lock keeps drives secure within the enclosure
- Anti-Dust Flap prevents dust from entering when device not used
- Removable EZ Slide Mini Tray system for easy maintenance
- Supports SATA 6Gbps and hot swap
- Single SATA 15 Pin to power entire device
- Color: Black
- Support Drive Size: 2.5 inch SSD / HDD
- Compatible Drive Type: SATA / SAS (SAS host required / Single channel)
- Number of Drives: 1
- Max Drive Height: 15mm
- Drive Bay: 1 x external 3.5" drive bay
- Host Interface: 1 x SATA 7pin
- Power Input: 15pin SATA power connector
- Transfer Rate: Up to 6 Gbps
- Support HDD Capacity: No Limitation
- Drive Cooling: Metal heat dispersion with passive cooling
- RAID Function: None
- Structure / Material: Metal with parital plastic
- Support Hot-Swap: Yes
- Drive Security: 2 segment key lock
- Dimension (L x W x H): 133 x 101.2 x 25.4mm
- Weight: 0.90 lbs.(408g)
- Drive Activity LED Indication: Drive power: solid green; HDD access: flashing amber
- SATA Connector Insertion Rate: 10;000
- Humidity: 5%~65% RH
- Operating Temperature: 0 degreeC to 60 degreeC (32 degreeF to 140 degreeF)
- Storage Temperature: -35 degreeC to 70 degreeC (-31 degreeF to 158 degreeF)
- Compliance: CE; RoHS; REACH
- Warranty: 3 years