Data security is essential for any business. For military and medical settings; both software and hardware security is necessary to protect sensitive data. The ToughArmor MB994SK-1B is the first ToughArmor cage that features individual steel locking mechanism for each bay. You'll put your mind at ease. knowing that your data has extra layer of the protection; and safe inside an strong full metal enclosure. The ICY DOCK ToughArmor MB994SK-1B takes 4 x 2.5" SAS/SATA HDD/SSD from 7mm to 15mm height; and supports Hot Swap for quick and easy drive replacements. The unit is constructed of rugged robust metal to survive the most demanding conditions; dual 40mm cooling fan with ventilate slots on the front/rear help to cool your drives 24/7. The MB994SK-1B is commercially designed for Medical & Military systems; IPC; enterprise; and industrial settings.
Indestructible and secure
Ensuring drive protection and longevity are the foundation of a good system design/build. The MB994SK-1B is capable of withstanding the harshest environments due to its rugged heavy duty full metal construction from the outer shell to the inner trays. The ToughArmor's full metal design is also perfect for industrial; military and medical systems that require a flammability rating as the full metal design is considered to already comply with most requirements. The metal construction dissipates heat from the hard drives to the backplane cage essentially acting as a heat sink to keep drives cool. We've also added a new locking mechanism that provides an additional layer of security by preventing drive access from unwanted intruders or meddlers. In order to keep it compact; we have embed a custom made steel lock mechanism to the EZ Slide Mini tray; so each bay has it's own individual lock allowing the user to lock only certain desired drives. Best of all; the EZ Slide Mini tray with lock is backward compatible with any ToughArmor uses EZ Slide Mini tray system; so compatibility will not be an issue.
EZ Slide Mini Trays for EZ accessibility
Using the EZ Slide Mini trays makes drive interchangeability and maintenance completely hassle free. The EZ Slide Mini trays are designed to accommodate 7mm to 15mm height hard drives and SSDs. The built-in drive protection cover added stability during the drive insertion and provides extra protection to the drive.
Huge capabilities in a small form factor
Utilizing the standard 5.25" bay form factor; the compact design allows the enclosure to be used in various applications; catering to a wide audience. The MB994SK-1B can be setup as JBOD cage or in a RAID configuration with RAID card such as a high performance RAID 0 array for maximum capacity and IOPS; RAID 10 for both safety and performance; or using RAID 5 for data protection; all while taking up just a single 5.25" bay. The Tougharmor MB994SK-1B supports both SATA and SAS interface; and supports both hard drive and SSD; so whether you want to run four 2TB SATA HDD in RAID 0 or four 15k rpm SAS HDDs in RAID 5 you wouldn't be limited by the drive selection; that's the beauty of the ToughArmor MB994SK-1B.
Made for Builder
The MB994SK-1B is perfect for use in industrial PCs; servers; or any small form factor case where 5.25" bays are limited and large drive capacity is needed; especially compact RAID systems. It is built to function in the most demanding environments including military; medical system and law enforcement deployment; as well as manufacturing conditions such as embedded control systems and factory automation systems. The rugged heavy metal design with key lock function makes it ideal for placement in tough environments.
Make ToughArmor On-The-GO! With MB991U3-1SB
To access your data outside of your system or in a remote location; the ToughArmor MB991U3-1SB is the way to go about. The drive tray slot of MB991U3-1SB is compatible with a variety of ToughArmor drive trays including the ToughArmor MB991; MB992; MB994; MB996 and MB998 series. This allows existing ToughArmor users to access their internal drive externally without opening up the case. It is a great tool for an individual drive diagnostic test. If you need to do a safe data erase or just simply expending system storage capacity; just remove the tray from the internal ToughArmor unit and insert it in the MB991U3-1SB to perform individual tasks externally with USB 3.0 interface. Best of all; the MB991U3-1SB uses USB bus-powered and it does not require a power adapter to operate. Simply connect the USB cable to any system and you are ready to go.
- Rugged Heavy duty full metal construction with suggested applications in Imaging; Medical; and Military systems; Media servers; and IPCs
- Supports up to 4 x 2.5" SATA/SAS HDD/SSD into single external 5.25" drive bay
- Support SATA 6Gbps or SAS single channel
- Accommodates 2.5" drives with 7mm; 9mm; 12.5mm & 15mm Height
- Active Power Technology (APT) - only powers up if there is drive installed in the drive bay
- Eagle-hook lock system & custom made steel key lock keeps drives secure within the enclosure
- Full Metal EZ Slide Mini Tray System with built-in drive protection cover and lock
- Removable EZ Slide Mini Tray system for easy maintenance
- Perfect for rugged applications and complies to flammability requirements
- Indicator LED provided for each bay
- Dual 40mm Cooling Fans
- Host Interface: 4 x 7pin SATA
- Drive Fit: 4 x 2.5" SATA or SAS (single channel) HDD/SSD
- Compatible Drive Heights: 7mm; 9.5mm; 12.5mm & 15mm
- Device Fit: Single external half height 5.25" drive bay
- Transfer Rate: Up to 6 Gb/sec. (depending on hard drive speed)
- Power Input: 2 x 4pin Molex power port
- Insert& Extract connection Via: Direct SAS/ SATA hard drive connection
- Structure: Aluminum & SECC
- Drive Cooling: 40mm rear cooling fan x 2 & metal heat dispersion
- Power Indicator: Solid green LED
- HDD Access Indicator: Flashing amber LED
- Drive Security: Custom steel lock
- Color: Black
- Dimension (L x W x H): 6.70" x 5.75" x 1.63"
- Weight: 1.98 lbs.