With the G7 ThinQ 64GB Unlocked Smartphone from LG, you get a dual 16MP camera system with brains. The AI Cam of the G7 can recognize up to 19 subject items in your shot, such as whether the subject is a person, or the picture type is a close-up photo. It even knows when you're shooting in low-light situations, and will automatically increase the brightness for you.
The G7's 6.1" QHD+ FullVision display is super bright and readable, even in direct sunlight. The G7 ThinQ gives you the option of sticking with edge-to-edge FullVision for maximum screen real estate, or you can ditch the notch for a smooth top, using that extra bit of space for a notification bar.
Running the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system, this phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 2.8/1.7 GHz (2.8 GHz Quad + 1.7 GHz Quad) Octa-Core processor and 4GB of RAM. You can store your AI-enhanced images, apps, and videos on 64GB of built-in storage, which can be expanded via an (optional) microSD card up to 256GB in size.
This phone is unlocked and compatible with GSM/4G LTE networks. Connect to the internet and other devices with built-in 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4+5 GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0. The G7 ThinQ also supports NFC technology for making phone-to-phone data transfers or mobile payments.
Android 8.0 Oreo
The Android operating system integrates heavily with Google's services. Using the card-based Google Now, Android quickly surfaces information for you whenever you need it, powered by the same Knowledge Engine that runs Google's web search. It's a personalized and customizable OS, allowing you to add your favorite apps or widgets to your home screen. You can even download new themes using the Google Play Store, which offers access to millions of apps, games, books, music, movies, and more. Android 8.0 Oreo adds major productivity and security capabilities to the operating system. They've introduced Google Play Protect, which scans apps on your phone to detect harmful behavior. With the touch of the Home button, continue to work in apps while watching active videos in Picture-in-Picture mode. Other features include, faster boot speed, automatically turning on Wi-Fi when near saved networks, limiting background activity for little used apps, notification snoozing, smart text selection, and more.
Snap and Search with Google Lens
The G7 ThinQ supports Google Lens technology, which lets you use your camera to learn about the world around you through images. Snap a picture of almost anything, and let Google Lens give you more information on it. You can learn the history of a landmark or the name of a building. Snap a picture of an object you're interested in and search or shop for it online. You can even use it to translate signs, menus, and other text to navigate unfamiliar locations.
See More with Wide-Angle Photos
The dual camera system features a 16MP 80-degree standard-angle camera, and one 16MP 107-degree wide-angle camera. The ability to shoot wide-angle photos lets you capture more of what you see. Whether that equates to a more breathtaking panoramic mountain view, or an epic selfie that includes everyone in your crew.
Get More Bass and DTS-X 3D Surround Audio
The built-in speakers of the G7 ThinQ smartphone are meant to give you both a more personal and realistic experience. Compared to the previous LG G6, the bass of the speakers has been bumped by up to 39% for louder, room-filling audio.
Pop in a pair of headphones or plug into some speakers, and you can enjoy DTS-X 3D Surround Audio, which uses spatial sound to make it seem like the action is coming from all directions - even overhead.
Super Far Field Voice Recognition
Interact with the Google Assistant from up to 17' away thanks to Super Far Field Voice Recognition.
Rear Camera Features
- Super Bright Camera - captures photos and videos that are four times as bright in low light by combining 4 pixels into 1 super pixel
- Square Camera - 1:1 camera UI; includes Snap Shot, Match Shot, GridShot, and Guide Shot
- HDR 10 Recording - for a wider spectrum of colors and increased contrast
- Live Photos - capture a 3 second video clip with sound as you take a picture
- Portrait Mode - use the adjustable background blur to highlight your subject
- Manual Mode - adjust shutter speed, ISO, exposure, white balance, and more. You can also save your image as RAW (JPEG + DNG)
- Stickers - add whimsical and fun stickers to your photos and share them with everyone
- Graphy 2.0 - select reference photos that automatically adjust Manual Mode settings
- Camera Modes - audio, Manual Photo, Manual Video, Cine Video, Food, Slo-mo, Panorama, and Flash Jump-Cut
- Film Effect - choose from up to 17 preset filters
- Quick Sharing Functionality - access sharing platforms instantly after taking pictures and video
Front Camera Features
- Wide-angle field of view - 80 Degrees
- Auto Shot - take a selfie with automatic face detection
- Gesture Shot - take a selfie with a simple hand gesture
- Gesture Interval Shot - take four selfies in sequence by making a fist twice
- Gesture View - transitions between camera mode and preview mode automatically
- Selfie Light - screen illuminates around the photo preview for well-lit selfies
- Beauty Shot - softens facial features
Video Recording Features
- Cine Effect - choose from 15 different color grading presets to add a cinematic look
- Point Zoom - zoom in on any selected area within the frame for more stability and control
- Steady Record 2.0 - record smoother, clearer videos on the move
- Video Manual Mode - adjust audio focus, manual focus, white balance, frame rates, and more
- Time-Lapse Video - record a video that plays back faster than normal
- Video Studio - merge up to 50 photos or videos; trim and add title/ text, background music, and theme effect overlays
- Record videos at up to 4K resolution at 30 fps (up to 1080p with front camera)
- HD 240 FPS Slow Motion Video Recording
- HDR10 Video Recording - life-like footage with a wider spectrum of colors that are richer and more accurate, and greater contrast between light and dark
- Boombox Speaker - design's inner space functions as a resonance chamber combined with a 39% larger speaker and greater sound levels for louder, boosted sound
- Super Far-Field Voice Recognition (FFVR) - improved voice recognition picks up commands better in noisy environments from up to 16' away
- DTS-X Virtual Surround Sound - provides a deep 3D stereo audio experience
- Wind Noise Filter - minimize wind noise during video recording
- RAM (Receiver as Mic) - 2 analog mics combine with the phone's receiver to improve sound clarity while recording in loud environments
- HD Audio Recorder - capture high-quality sound with the ability to record over a separate audio track; choose between Normal, Concert, and Custom modes
- Hi-Fi Video Recorder - 2 high AOP mics record with higher-quality sound
- 32-Bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC - Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) for crisp, full sound through wired headphones
- Sound Preset - select custom options to achieve different sound experiences
- Digital Filter - choose from Short, Sharp, and Slow to change the Sound Filter characteristics in DAC
- Hi-Fi Streaming Ready - can decode MQA files to enable high resolution audio to be packed in a small size
- Fingerprint ID - gain access to your phone, make mobile payments, and secure content
- Voice Recognition - unlock or turn on the screen with a user-defined keyword (2-3 words or phrase)
- Face Recognition - unlock screen with facial scan
- Google Smart Lock - keep phone unlocked when connected to trusted devices or in trusted places
- Knock Code - create a 6- to 10-point pattern for direct access to the home screen