Reimagine the way you create
Surface Dial was designed to transform the way you create. It optimizes your workflow by bringing your most used tools directly onto your digital workspace. Store, customize, access, navigate, and reimagine physical tools in the digital world - from concept to creation. Surface Dial helps you focus on your work instead of spending time on keyboard shortcuts, switching between screens, and moving back-and-forth between palette and canvas.
Tools and shortcuts for your creative process
Surface Dial provides the tools and shortcuts to make the creative process more productive and enjoyable. Just press and hold to display a radial menu of tools, making it easier and faster to do the things you love in applications like Adobe Creative Cloud, Mental Canvas Player, Bluebeam Revu, MohoTM12, Sketchable, StaffPad, and more. Now you can undo each individual line of a drawing step-by-step, change pencil color or brush size, scrub through video content, rotate 3D vectors or manipulate parameters, all in a single turn. It’s the simplest, most intuitive way to unlock your creativity.
Dial in your creativity and control
Your creative experience is even further enhanced when Surface Dial is used on-screen with Surface Studio. Place your Dial directly on the screen and watch as a color picker or a ruler appears on your digital drafting table. Tools change when you switch across integrated apps and haptic feedback gives you greater control by providing helpful vibrations into your fingertips. Use Surface Dial in your non-dominant hand while keeping your dominant hand for drawing, creating new vectors, making animations, and more. Everything has been engineered to help you stay totally in touch with your work.
Dynamic tools make daily tasks efficient and fun
With Surface Dial, even the little things feel more fun. Adjust the volume on your Spotify tracks, scroll through articles on your favorite news websites without touching your keyboard or mouse. Fly through your local city in Windows Maps, zooming in and out while panning across the touchscreen with your fingers. Every task is more enjoyable and efficient.
- Use Surface Dial on-screen with Surface Studio and have all your tools in one place
- Intuitive design that requires only three gesture: press and hold, click, and rotate
- Just press and hold to display a radial menu of tools, making it easier and faster to do the things you love in applications like Adobe Creative Cloud, Mental Canvas, Bluebeam, Sketchable, StaffPad, and more.
- Place your Dial directly on the screen and watch as a color picker or a ruler appears on your digital drafting table.
- Surface Dial makes daily tasks efficient and fun: Adjust the volume on Spotify tracks, scroll through news articles, or fly through your local city in Windows Maps.