Based on the industry favorite SP-BS22-LR compact speakers, the SP-BS22A-LR Dolby Atmos-enabled compact speakers deliver amazing sound without breaking the bank.
Dolby Atmos Done Better
Most Dolby Atmos-compatible speakers use a single, full-range upward-firing driver to produce a ceiling-speaker effect. But Pionner knew a single driver could never deliver true high-fidelity sound. After the success achieved with concentric drivers in the Elite Home Theater System, Pioneer decided to bring the CST technology to these speakers. The SP-BS22A-LR's upward-firing driver is a concentric array with a tweeter inside a woofer. This design allows the speaker to highlight the details in action movie sequences as well as your favorite music tracks.
Built Like High-End Speakers
The SP-BS22A-LR incorporates a true multi-element crossover to route high frequencies to the tweeter and lower frequencies to the woofer. This circuit allows the speakers to sound equally great in stereo, 5.1 surround sound and Dolby Atmos.
Thinking Out Of the Box
A speaker's cabinet must be as sturdy to eliminate the occurrence of vibrations, which can change the sound of the music and movies you're playing. This is why the SP-BS22A-LR use a curved cabinet, similar to the Pioneer SP-BS22-LR and SP-FS52-LR speakers. The curves stiffen the cabinet to reduce vibration and also reduce standing sound waves inside the cabinet, resulting in high-performance and exceptional sound quality.
Behind the Grilles
The SP-BS22A-LR's upward firing concentric speaker comprises a 1/2-inch soft-dome tweeter mounted in the center of a 4-inch woofer. This speaker reflects sound off the ceiling to produce an immersive surround sound landscape. Because of the upward firing speaker's two-way design, it produces a more spacious and detailed sound than speakers using a single full-range driver.
The SP-BS22A-LR compact speakers are built from Pioneer's SP-BS22-LR compact speakers. The same components were used to create the award-winning sound that consumers and enthusiasts have come to expect from Pioneer Home Theater speakers. The same structured surface 4-inch woofer for bass and midrange and a 1-inch soft-dome tweeter follow the same efficiency as the SP-BS22-LR speakers, while blending with the top firing concentric driver for an affordable step into an immersive surround sound landscape.
Whether you're using the SP-BS22A-LR compact speaker in the front channels or as a rear surround speaker, it delivers all the audio action of Dolby Atmos at a price far more affordable than most speakers currently available.
- Highly acclaimed and award winning series of speakers
- 4" Structured Surface Woofer with oversized magnets and vented pole pieces for improved bass response
- High Efficiency Soft Dome Tweeter for smooth high frequency reproduction even at high volume levels
- 6 Element Complex Crossover perfectly blends audio between the woofer and tweeter for greater accuracy
- Fully Integrated Top Firing Concentric Driver for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X speaker configurations. Dimensions(each with grill):(W X H X D inch):7-1/8" X 14-5/16" X 8-7/16"
- Nominal Impedance - 6 Ohms
- Sensitivity (2.83 V) - 85 dB
- Finish - Black Vinyl
- Magnetically Shielded - No
- Dimensions (Each with Grill) (W x H x D inch) - 7-1/8" x 14-5/16" x 8-7/16"
- Weight (Each) - 11.24 lbs
- Enclosure - Bass-reflex Compact
- Configuration - 2-Way
- Frequency Range - 55 Hz-20 kHz
- Maximum Input Power - 80 W
- Crossover Frequency - 3kHz
- Woofer - 4"
- Tweeter - 1"
- Enclosure - Sealed
- Configuration Concentric - 2-Way
- Frequency Range - 180 Hz-20 kHz
- Maximum Input Power - 80 W
- Crossover Frequency - 4 kHz
- Concentric - 4" Woofer, 1/2" Tweeter