This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
Capture all of life's adventures with this compact, lightweight camera that?s waterproof, shock resistant and coldproof. Featuring 4K Full HD movie recording and an ultra-wide-angle lens, take your WG-M2 down to depths of up to 20 meters, with no housing required. Other tough features include shock-resistance from a height of two meters, and cold resistant to temperatures as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit. With a 204-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, capture dynamic, high-resolution, high-bit-rate videos with exaggerated perspective. A vibration function informs users of the start and end of a movie recording while an LCD orientation function records videos in an upright position regardless of the camera's orientation. With 7 Image Effect modes, capture videos with distinctive visual effects, and an array of editing functions. With built-in Wi-Fi capture and share your creations to your favorite social media sites. Capture a bigger world of adventure around you, whether diving the depths of the ocean, carving up the slopes, forging a trail through the wilderness, or enjoying an afternoon at a playground with the family.
High-resolution 4K/30p movie recording with an ultra-wide-angle lens
The WG-M2 offers a choice of two shooting angles: Wide mode, with a maximum angle of view of approximately 204 degrees, captures dynamic images with an exaggerated perspective; and Narrow mode, with an approximately 151-degree angle of view, records subjects with a more natural perspective. Use the Movie SR (Shake Reduction) function in the Narrow Mode to minimize camera shake during movie recording. The WG-M2 features 4K Full HD movie recording, which captures high-resolution, extended movie clips at a frame rate of 30 frames per second. It allows the user to record movie clips at a high bit rate of 100Mbps, delivering low-compression, high-resolution movie clips to accommodate a wider range of user demands. In Full HD movie mode, it provides a higher frame rate of 60 frames per second to capture the subject with more fluid motion.
Adventure Proof design to hold up in the harshest environments
The WG-M2 is outfitted to capture video and still images in extreme conditions, without the need of any additional housing. The WG-M2 assures outstanding waterproof performance to a depth of 20 meters and for up to two hours of continuous operation (equivalent to IPX8 or JIS Class 8).It?s designed to be shock-resistant against a fall from a height of two meters, dustproof (equivalent to IPX6 or JIS Class 6), and coldproof against temperatures as low as -10 degrees C.
New features to improve operability
The WG-M2's vibration function signals the start and end of movie recording operation using vibrations of the camera body, making the user fully aware of camera operations at all times. An LCD orientation function records movie clips in an upright position, even when the camera is held at vertical or upside-down position. User-friendly, in-body movie editing features such as a still image save mode and a divide movie mode (maximum image size of 4K), ensure a high level of operability and flexibility.
7 Image Effect modes to create original movie clips
The WG-M2 features unique Image Effect modes to apply desired visual effects to a movie clip for more creative, personalized work. Before a shooting session, the user can select the desired mode from Bright, Natural, Monochrome, Shading, Bleach Bypass, Bold, and High Contrast.
Optimum white balance in underwater shooting
The WG-M2 is designed to optimize the color reproduction and contrast of recorded images. When an underwater shooting mode is selected, the camera automatically switches to an underwater white balance mode to faithfully reproduce the crystal-clear atmosphere of underwater scenes, while effectively compensating for the loss of contrast caused by the diffusion of light. As the result, it captures clear, well-defined underwater images without bluish or greenish color casts.
Wireless LAN connection to support remote operation using smartphones
By installing the Image Sync application on a smartphone or tablet computer, the user can effortlessly perform various camera functions from a distance: confirm the camera's Live View image on the mobile device's monitor, and use the mobile unit to check and change white-balance, ISO-sensitivity and exposure-compensation settings. It?seven possible to view the WG-M2's movie recordings in real time on the mobile device's monitor, when the camera is set in the Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) or HD (1280 x 720 pixels) mode and at a frame rate of 30fps. Transfer still images and movie clips recorded by the WG-M2 on to a smartphone or tablet computer to save, edit, play back and upload them to social networking and other websites to share them with friends.
- 4K Ultra HD video capture at 30fps / Bit Rate: 100Mbps
- 1080p Full HD video at 60fps
- 720p HD video 120fps
- Waterproof up to 20 meters for up to 2 hours (no housing required)
- Shock-resistant up to 2 meters
- Cold-proof down to 14 degrees Fahrenheit
- 7 selectable video effect modes
- Built-in Wi-Fi for use with Ricoh ImageSync app
- Integrated 1.5-inch LCD monitor for effortless angle-of-view confirmation during shooting (orientation adjustment (0, 90, 180, 270 degrees))
- Ultra-wide-angle still-image recording at a maximum angle of view of 202 degrees
- High-speed continuous shooting at a maximum speed of approximately eight frames per second
- A wide ISO-sensitivity range from ISO 200 to ISO 6400 (in still-image shooting modes)
- +/-2EV exposure compensation
- A choice of a metering system between multi-segment and spot
- Wind suppression mode
- Vibration Assist - confirms video start/stop recording
- Compatible with micro SD, micro SDHC and micro SDXC memory cards
- 8 elements in 8 groups (6 aspherical elements)
- Approx. 9.0mm
Max Angle of View:
- Still: Wide - Approx. 202 degrees
- Still: Narrow - Approx. 150 degrees
- Movie: Wide - Approx. 204 degrees
- Movie: Narrow - Approx. 151 degrees
- 0.2m-infinity/0.66ft - infinity
Motion Blue Reduction
- Electronic image stabilization (Movie SR)
- Still: JPEG (conforms to Exif 2.3), conforms to DCF2, PRINT Image Matching III
- Movie: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV), Audio: PCM system, Stereo sound
Number of Recorded Pixels
(4:3) 8M: 3264x2448, 5M: 2592x1944
(16:9) 6M: 3264x1840, 4M: 2592x1464
(1:1) 6M: 2448x2448
4K: 3840x2160 30fps
Full HD: 1920x1080 60fps/30fps
HD: 1280x720 120fps/60fps/30fps
- Still: Fixed (fine)
- Movie: Super Fine/ Fine
Number of effective pixels
- Approx. 8 Megapixels
- 1/2.3 inch CMOS
- Still: ISO AUTO /AUTO-Hi /200 /400 /800 /1600 /3200 /6400
- Movie: ISO AUTO /AUTO-Hi
- Auto, Auto (Outdoor), Manual
- 1.5 inch LCD, approx 115k dots
- Program AE
- Multi-segment, Spot metering
- +/-2EV (1/2EV steps)
- Still Image: Still Image, Underwater Still Image, Burst Shooting
- Movie: Underwater Movie, Time-Lapse Movie, Extended Movie Recording, High Speed Movie
Photo Effect Modes
- Bright, Natural, Monochrome
Movie Effect Modes
- Bright, Natural, Monochrome, Shading, Bleach Bypass, Bold Monochrome, High Contrast
- Save as Still Image, Divide Movies, Image Copy
- 1/24000 - 1/4 sec.
- Built-in memory (Approx. 68MB), microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery D-LI68
- Battery Life Still: Approx 450 pictures
- Battery Life Movie: Approx 80 minutes (4K, fine setting)
- Playback: Approx 160 minutes
- USB 2.0 (micro B), HDMI output terminal (Type D)
- Standard 802.11b/g/n, Frequency 2.4GHz band, Security WPA2
- Equivalent to IPX8, JIS Class 8 waterproof / IP6X, JIS Class 6 dustproof capabilities
- Approx. 57.4(W)?34.1(H)?77.8(D)mm / 2.3(W) x 1.3(H) x 3.1(D) inches (excluding operating or protruding parts)
- Approx. 136g / 4.8 oz. (including battery, microSD memory card, and lens protector O-LP1631)
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, power adapter, USB cable, lens protector, underwater lens
High Speed Cont. Shooting
- Approx. 8 fps, up to approx. 10 frames
- Approx. 130 min.
Max. Recording Time
- 4 minutes for High Speed Movie (720p 120fps)
- 25 minutes for Movie.
- Approx. 1.4 sec. (Include 0.5 seconds time for press of the button)
Release Time Lag
- 0.002 sec.
- 20m (For 2 hours)
- -10 Celsius
- English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Thai, Korean, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)