The SSD you trust
The newest edition to the world's best-selling* SATA SSD series, the Samsung 860 EVO is specially designed to enhance performance of mainstream PCs and laptops. With the latest V-NAND technology, this fast and reliable SSD comes in a wide range of compatible form factors and capacities.
*Sources: NPD (US data from Jan. 2015 to Oct. 2017)
Speeds are consistent, even under heavy workloads and multi-tasking allowing for faster file transfer. The 860 EVO performs at sequential read speeds up to 550 MB/s* with Intelligent TurboWrite technology, and sequential write speeds up to 520 MB/s. The TurboWrite buffer size* is upgraded from 12 GB to 78 GB.
* Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version and system hardware & configuration. Sequential write performance measurements are based on Intelligent TurboWrite technology. Sequential performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark v.5.0.2 and I0meter 1.1.0. The sequential write performances are Intelligent TurboWrite region are 500 MB/s for 1 TB.
* Test system configuration: Intel Core i5-3550 CPU @ 3.3 GHz, 4 GB, OS - Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Chipset: ASUS P8H77-V .
* The TurboWrite buffer size varies based on the capacity of the SSD; 42 GB for 1 TB model. For more information on the TurboWrite, please visit www.samsungssd.com.
Up to 8x higher TBW (Terabytes Written)* than the 850 EVO. Feel secure storing and rendering large sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications. The Samsung 860 EVO with V-NAND technology is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.*
* Warrantied TBW for 860 EVO: 600 TBW for 1 TB model
* 5-years or TBW, whichever comes first. For more information on the warranty, please find the enclosed warranty statement in the package.
Benefit from faster, more fluid communication with your host system. The refined ECC (Error Correction Code) algorithm and a new MJX controller generate higher speeds, and the improved queued trim enhances Linux compatibility.
Capacity: 1,000 GB (1GB=1 billion bytes by IDEMA)
Sequential Read Speed: Up to 550 MB/s
Sequential Write Speed: Up to 520 MB/s
Random Read Speed: Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 98,000 IOPS
Random Read (4KB, QD1): Up to 10,000 IOPS
Random Write Speed: Random Write (4KB, QD32): Up to 90,000 IOPS
Random Write (4KB, QD1): Up to 42,000 IOPS
* Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
Controller: Samsung MJX Controller
NAND Flash: Samsung V-NAND 3bit MLC
Cache Memory: Samsung 1 GB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
Trim Support: Yes
AES Encryption: AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
S.M.A.R.T. Support: Yes
GC (Garbage Collection): Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
WWN Support: World Wide Name supported
Device Sleep Mode Support: Yes
Internal Storage: Yes
General Power Consumption
Average: 3.0 W
Maximum: 4.0 W (Burst mode)
* Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
Operating Temperature: 0 - 70 ?
Shock: 1,500G & 0.5ms (Half sine)
Form Factor Product: 2.5" SATA III
Dimensions (W x D x H): 3.94" X 2.76 " X 0.27"
Weight: 0.19 lbs.
Software Management SW: Magician Software for SSD management
Warranty: 5 Years Limited Warranty or 600 TBW (Terabytes Written) Limited Warranty