Colors in harmony
The new h.ear range comes in colors to suit your lifestyle perfectly. The tones work with a spectrum of hues and different colors. Try them with your favorite outfit and it all just works in effortless harmony.
Comfortable and portable
Lightweight and ergonomic, the headphones fold up when they're not in use. And when you've got them on, the soft ear pads stay comfortable all day - a perfect fit for your life.
Truly authentic sound
Enjoy the subtle nuances of studio-quality sound in higher than CD quality with High-Resolution Audio. Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker, so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you.
Better BLUETOOTH audio
LDAC transmits more data than conventional Bluetooth wireless connections, for exceptional sound quality that's closer to High-Resolution Audio.
Restore the detail in your music
By restoring the high-range sound lost in compression, DSEE HX produces your digital music files in rich, natural sound.
Noise canceling blocks out the outside
Want to be alone with your music? Just activate noise canceling and the headphones will silence the ambient sounds from your surroundings.
Fine-tune settings from your phone
The Sony Headphones Connect app lets you tweak equalizer settings, choose surround sound presets, and more.
Quick Attention lets you chat
Need to have a quick conversation? Hold your hand over the touch sensor and the music quietens while sound from your environment gets louder.
Ambient Sound mode keeps you aware
Sometimes, you don't want to block everything out. Ambient Sound mode lets in essential sounds like traffic while keeping your music going.
With up to 28 hours of battery between charges, you can enjoy wireless playback all day. The battery recharges quickly too - plug it in for just 10 minutes, and you'll have enough power for 65 minutes of playback.
Touch to skip tracks
Answer phone calls, control music and activate Google Assistant or Siri - all using simple touch controls.
Size and Weight
- Headphone Type: Closed, dynamic
- Driver Unit: 1.57", dome type (CCAW Voice Coil)
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Impedance (OHM): 32 ohm (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on), 16 ohm (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Diaphragm: Titanium-coated diaphragm
- Frequency Response (Active Operation): 5-40,000 Hz (JEITA)
- Frequency Response (Bluetooth Communication): 20 Hz-20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz Sampling)/20 Hz-40,000 Hz (LDAC 96 kHz Sampling, 990 kbps)
- Sensitivities (DB/MW): 103 dB/mW (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on), 98 dB/mW (1kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Volume Control: Touch sensor
- Cord Type: Single-sided (detachable)
- Cord Length: Approx. 3.94 ft
- Plug: Gold-plated L-shaped stereo mini plug
- Input(s): Micro USB, Stereo Mini Jack
- Usage Time: Max. 28 hrs (NC ON), Max. 34 hrs (NC OFF)
- Charge Time: Approx. 6 hrs
- Wearing Style: Circumaural
- NFC: Yes
- DSEE HX: Yes
- S-Master HX: No
- Passive Operation: Yes
- Battery Charge Time: Approx. 6 hrs
- Battery Charge Method: USB
- Battery Life (Continuous Music Playback Time): Max. 28 hrs (NC ON), Max. 34 hrs (NC OFF)
- Battery Life (Waiting Time): Max. 48 hrs (NC ON) , max. 200 hrs (NC OFF)
- Bluetooth Version: Version 4.1
- Effective Range: Line of sight approx. 30 ft (10 m)
- Frequency Range: 2.4 GHz band
- Profile: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Supported Audio Format(s): SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, LDAC
- Supported Content Protection: SCMS-T
- Noise Canceling On/Off Switch: Yes
- Automatic AI Noise Canceling: Yes
- Personal NC Optimizer: No
- Atmospheric Pressure Optimizing: No
- Ambient Sound Mode: Yes
- Quick Attention: Yes