The ZyXEL GS1100 Series is the best solution for instant Gigabit connectivity in office environments demanding silent operation and better energy efficiency. With power-saving functions; Gigabit Ethernet and a fanless design; the GS1100 Series provides plug-and-play simplicity for high-bandwidth network applications.
The ZyXEL GS1100 Series consists of three unmanaged switches: the GS1100-8HP; GS1100-16 and GS1100-24. The GS1100-16 features 16 GbE ports and the GS1100-24 is a 24-port Gigabit switch with 2 additional open Gigabit SFP slots. The GS1100-8HP is an 8-port Gigabit switch that complies with the IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE) Plus standard; providing 4 PoE ports with up to 30 watts per port.
Affordable Solution for Gigabit Connections to the Desktop
The GS1100 Series not only offers Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for next-generation network applications; but also power-saving functions for better energy efficiency. Capable of dynamically adjusting power output according to traffic; active links and cable length; the GS1100 Series can reduce energy consumption for lowered operating costs.
Traffic Detection - Energy Efficient Ethernet (Eee) Compliance
The IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) feature automatically detects network traffic and adjusts power consumption dynamically; enabling the switch to reduce power consumption during low link utilization periods. The GS1100-8HP is built with an additional IEEE 802.3az on/off button; which allows users to activate/deactivate Energy Efficient Ethernet mode with a simple push of a button.
Inactive Link Detection
The inactive link detection function automatically reduces power usage when inactive links or devices are detected. The ZyXEL GS1100 Series can adjust power consumption according to link status and the number of active network devices.
Cable length detection
This green feature enables the switch to automatically detect the length of connected Ethernet cables and adjust power usage accordingly. The shorter the cable length; the less power it consumes.
The complete GS1100 Series comes in a fanless design that ensures silent operation in small or quiet office environments. The GS1100-8HP PoE model is specifically designed with an external power adapter that eliminates the need for an additional fan to cool down the device; making it perfect for quiet PoE deployments.
Gigabit To The Desktop
The ZyXEL GS1100 Series offers small offices 8/16/24-port Gigabit connectivity at the most competitive price. Additionally; the GS1100-24 model is equipped with 2 extra SFP slots that enable fiber optic connections for long-distance deployments. With Gigabit network performance and high cost-effectiveness; the GS1100 Series is the ideal solution for bandwidth-intensive applications such as high-resolution photo transmission; video/audio streaming and server farm connections.
Freedom of installation via PoE (GS1100-8HP)
The GS1100-8HP supports the IEEE 802.3at PoE Plus standard to ease the installation of network devices in challenging spaces such as ceilings or walls. The power supply of up to 30 watts per port allows the GS1100-8HP to power PoE-enabled WLAN APs; VoIP phones and IP surveillance cameras through CAT-5 cables of less than 100 meters (300 feet) in length. With the ZyXEL GS1100-8HP; there is no need for extra power adapters in installing PoE devices in difficult locations. This feature helps enterprises reduce installation time and cost when there are many such devices on the network.
- IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet - Reduces power consumption during the low link utilization periods
- Detect Cable Length - Adjust power usage according to the length of connected Ethernet cables
- Detect Inactive Link - Adjust power consumption according to the number of active network devices
- Power On/Off Switch - Allows customers to turn off switch when not in use
- Switching Capacity (Gbps): 32
- Switching Forwarding Rate (Mpps): 23.8
- Packet Buffer (Bytes): 256 K
- MAC Address: 8 K
- Jumbo frame (byte): 9 K
- Auto MDI/MDI-X: Yes
- 802.1p CoS: Yes
- Broadcast Storm Control: Yes
- VLAN packet pass through: Yes
- Input voltage: 100 - 240V AC; 50/60 Hz
- Power supply: Internal
- Maximum power consumption (watt): 6.4
- Dimensions (W x D x H) (mm/in.): 215 x 133 x 42/8.46 x 5.24 x 1.65
- Weight (kg/lb.): 1/2.20
- Operating temperature: 0 degreeC to 50 degreeC/32 degreeF to 122 degreeF
- Storage temperature: - 40 degreeC to 70 degreeC/-40 degreeF to 158 degreeF
- Operating humidity: 10% to 95% (Non-condensing)
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3az EEE support
- IEEE 802.3x flow control
- IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-X (GS1100-24)
- IEEE 802.1p CoS
- IEEE 802.3at PoE Plus (GS1100-8HP)
Safety Agency Certification
- UL 60950-1
- EN 60950-1
- IEC 60950-1
- EU RoHS compliant