Meet the new Canon EOS R8 with IS lens from the series made by . It is quite a jump over the Canon . This joins the likes of the , the and the and the other newly released camera by Canon, the .
can suit the user to the professional user. The EOS R8 bundle comes with a very capable 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS lens. This means you wont have to shop other brands like or Tamron for compatible lenses to .
In addition as being a, the EOS R8 comes equipped with an approximate full CMOS sensor with duel CMOS . This replaces the , which are usually found on smaller cameras
The is extremely lightweight and (one of the ) at less than 1 pound, combining full frame capabilities with a very portable design. The is an SLR-style mirrorless Canon EOS R8 is approximately 5.22 x 3.39 x 2.76 in. / 132.5 x 86.1 x 70.0mm. The Cannon EOS R8 camera is a must have for individuals who are looking to take amazing photos or videos. The camera offers up to 4K 60 fps recording for recording video up sampled from . This camera is mountable on a and is tripod ready.
There are so many different options on this Canon EOS R8 RF 24-50mm and it will suit either a professional looking to update their creativity or a just being used in general to take amazing photos and videos. Editing software is part of the many great features this lightweight camera has to offer. The CMOS sensor and HEIF recording capabilities, and options including being able to display images and videos from this camera onto a TV in 4K is visually stunning. This is not a feature offered on some other competitors models in this price range. Coupled with an screen which is found on some of the most high end TV’s and smartphones and a 3.0 inch with Clearview technology viewing and .
When I am out taking photos and/or videos, it is so important to me that I know that I can produce the image and video quality that I want without having to “break the bank” price wise. This new line of Canon EOS R8 models of cameras provide just that. Whether, I am taking photos or videos of a family member or friend’s birthday party, or just strolling in different nature environments, I know I am going to get top notch quality imaging from . When sharing photos or videos taken via this camera, I feel confident that the people I send those images or videos will love the crisp and vibrant which is exactly what I am hoping for. You just can’t say that about many cameras at this price point.
RF 24-50mm camera offers some of the most fantastic at the price point for the of this style and of camera that it is in. We will examine what some pros and possible cons to this camera may be, how they may effect your usage of the camera and choosing which model in this Canon EOS R8 line that would be most suitable for you.
Let’s review some of the pros, cons, and from our favorite model of this camera line.
· Extremely lightweight and easily portable
·Comes with a digital interchangeable lens. Compatible lenses include group (including ) When using Mount Adapter EF- : Canon EF or EF-S lenses (excluding EF-M lenses) (please refer to the user manual for your model)
· Due to it’s RF- – 50mm lens the wide-angle recording is phenomenal.
· processing for noise reduction and sharpness-based image processing
· Improved resolution at speeds and low noise at higher speeds (please refer to the user manual for your specific model for )
· Does not offer as some rivals do.
· 4K recording of video at 60 FPS and at 1920 x 1080 up to 180 fps (please refer to your user manual for your model)
· and precision with the offering approximately 100% of image coverage of the picture area.
. of approximately 0.70x / Approx. 33.0 degrees
. Featuring a single to end exposures. This works amazingly.
: 1/8000th sec – 30 seconds, in 1/3 or 1⁄2-step increments (1/16,000th possible, if user-set in Tv or M shooting modes) are 1st-curtain : 1/4000th sec – 30 seconds, in 1/3 or 1⁄2-step increments
. allowing versus crop sensor.
· Fast burst rate image taking with up to including a for
· Fluid face and eye detection and tracking with just change the to “People”. Can also detect animals, their faces and their movements.
· Fantastic built in image processing or editing, and making different recording options better and easier and offering several options to enhance image taking. Including moving subject , Depth Compositing, Panoramic Shot, night scene and backlight control. Also includes PQ for improved and luminosity.
· Dust deletion feature with a self-cleaning sensor unit and Dust delete acquisition and appending. (please refer to your model’s user manual to determine if one or both are equipped)
· Wide variety of image formats to record in including (.JPG), HEIF for high efficiency recording while taking up less space on your (.HIF), RAW, C-RAW, Dual RAW, (.CR3) Movies: ALL-I (Time-lapse video only), IPB (.MP4)
· Continuous recording at 4K UHD or HD exceeding 30 minutes, which can grow to up to 29.97 hours at HD 1920 x 1080 video recording.
· lens offering a less expensive smaller and quieter operation.
·9 levels of white balancing modes
·The offers a , high precision allowing for composting of nearly anything in the picture frame
· enables access to the 2.4 Ghz network and 4.2. for seamless connections.
· USB control of the camera can be done on a either a Windows or Mac computer via the Canon EOS utility software.
·One port and micro output/input to connect to your computer, phone, tablet or compatible device USB is 3.2 generation for the fastest communication with your compatible PC or other device.
·Stereo microphone for sound recording with 3.5 mm jack
· Images can be sent to a compatible social media site via it’s USB promoting
· One of my absolute must pros of this model is the availability of live streaming utilizing the Canon connect app which will allow you to live stream events via common apps like Zoom, Skype for example.
. Does not include a as some competing cameras do.
. There is no 5 GHZ band support for faster transfer speeds and you will have to use the 2.4 GHZ network which would provide for further range from your router but less speeds than accessing the 5 GHZ network for
· Does not offer as some rivals do like or .
. Lacking the top screen as seen on the
·Printing from printers is not supported. The camera should be attached either directly to a USB port on the printer itself or the Windows or MAC PC or other compatible device via the port to print images.
. for compatible with . These will store your files in the and be installed in any on a compatible device.
·Lack of twin or multiple ( ) which may deter professional dedicated to certain industries like weddings or events like that. In instances like that a dedicated professional would most likely be willing to spend more money on a higher end model that suits their profession.
As a example, I was recently at an event using the live streaming on Zoom in order for the individuals who were unable to attend the event to be able to take part in it. The reviews that came back were overwhelmingly positive and the virtual attendees were raving about the . From the visuals of the in-person attendees their features and voices to the food down to the toothpicks in the finger food which we took video of as well, the feedback was as if the virtual attendees were actually in the room where the event was taking place while not being there in person.
· on full 60 fps recording on the of video which can last up to 2 hours usually drains a bit quicker than that with all of the image stabilization and processing.
· The smaller can take up to 290 images using the rear screen, however if you utilize the ( ) that number drops to a rating 150 shots. There are power saving modes which can potentially increase these 50-70 shots taken, however some of the power saving modes may impact the availability of several of the cameras features. Real world use will vary based off several different factors such as the freshness of the battery. (Please consult your user manual for specifics on the model chosen). We recommend a spare battery due to this.
In conclusion, based off our we highly recommend RF 24-50mm for your camera needs. The EOS R8 comes at a affordable price point and amazing . It is another great addition to the series which just makes this line even better for everyone. The EOS R8 is perfect for everyday users to professionals looking to maximize their dollar and obtain an awesome camera in the range of the line.